Critique me please!

ppeacock
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi Shopify friends

I need your honest and harsh opinions on my store I launched a few weeks ago and haven't made a sale yet. I'd like to get more traffic to my site (doesn't everyone!) I'm planning on advertising quite a bit and need my store looking its best. Please share your thoughts

www.pompouspeacock.com

Thank you kindly

Happy Monday to you all!

0 Likes
MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
2807 176 470

Dear ppeacock,

Congratulations for your store!

I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:

• Open all social profiles at new tab
  • Mobile Speed Need to Improve, Currently 28-35 

pompousspeed.png

• Add Custom Slider with Call to Action - Make your site more visually appealing when you add your products in an interactive slider with prompt call to action.
  • Over All Text , Font , Paragraph , Alignment , Spacing , Padding etc to make it more elegant - Make your store well-organized, neat and visually appealing and add to the user experience.
  • Highlight your USP - What's unique about you and your brand that none of the other Shopify merchants have? This needs to be highlighted in your store presentation, features & more.
  • Human Touch : About you and your business - Highlight what makes you different and personalize your offerings when you write about your brand in a custom About Us section.Example of Nice Home page
  • Add Testimonials at homepage
  • Add Promotional banner on collection page - You can show images of featured, bestseller or popular products on the collection page banner. Example of Good Collection Page
  • Product page layout needs to improve.Example of Ideal Product Page
  • Do Cart Page Modification : discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc. - Personalize your customer's shopping experience with these features on your cart page.
  • Index all products at Google and Do some On page SEO
0 Likes
Munn
Shopify Partner
485 17 105

Hi @ppeacock welcome to Shopify family 

Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,

1. A set of high-resolution banner images with a sliding feature must be added as the banner images decide the theme of the website. The addition of video to a landing page increases conversations by 80%. 
2. H
aving a blog, getting out articles, and having fresh content once in two weeks will allow you to drive traffic, help in starting conversations and build credibility. This also creates the impression that you are the most knowledgeable person and will look up to you for further knowledge.
3. Ask your customers to rate your products as this will help build trust and loyalty for the brand. At least 90% of the customers will go through one comment before purchasing the product.
4. Bigger images in your catalouge view product list with bigger images and hidden description can increase sales and will add brand value to your products. Ensure that every product has large images in the product view that zoom to fill the browser window.
5. The addition of most viewed or most liked section on your homepage will significantly increase the percentage of gallery review. Branded video content is likely to take over consumers who are 300% most likely to watch a video about a product rather than read a description.
6. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster.(Attaching one of your product image as refernce)

image_png1988664607.png
I hope this helps!

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes
MansionEcom
Shopify Partner
400 33 125

Hello @ppeacock,

I've taken a look at your store and found there are quite a few things which if added can make better conversions.

1. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
2. Add a detailed product description in product pages.
3. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
4. Try to maintain the same image size while listing all products.
5. It would be nice if product images could be zoomed in / enlarged
6. You can add testimonials on the Home page to make the store look more professional.
7. Adding Blog will help to increase traffic
8. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
9. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
10. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)

Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). To appear in search results though, Google has to first find your website content. It used to take years to get your content found by Google and major search engines. Not any more. Doing SEO once is virtually useless. To get in front, and stay in front needs regular feeds to Google and Bing. We created flare to deliver search engine feeds on a regular basis without taking your time. Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!
Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
0 Likes