Critique my site please.

1 0 0

My site has been up and running almost 3 weeks now. Please take a look and cast a critical eye over it and let me know your thoughts 

www.eterniaboutique.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 1 1
I just view your store

To be honest with you, your business niche is good, but you are missing a lot in your store. This may cause you to keep losing customers from the traffic coming to your store.
Contact me on FB Daramola Kehinde Maxwell or Fiverr.com/daramaxwell
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
164 4 31

Hello @EterniaBoutique 

This is Vinod here from Bombay India.

I have just emailed you. Let me know a good time to discuss about your website.

Thank you.

Vinod

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/
0 Likes
Excursionist
10 4 3

Hi @EterniaBoutique 

You have a great website with a uniform color scheme and great, clean product images. You did a great job on creating brand awareness and customer trust. Nevertheless, I could not find a shipping page detailing how much shipping cost below the $50 USD limit, where the items are shipping from, or the delivery times that it would take for your customers to receive their orders. 

The product pages are good and I like the detail of the free shipping over the 50 USD amount right under the payment options, but you could also add another tab next to the "additional information" and name it "shipping". Here you could bullet point or summarize the delivery times, how much shipping is under the 50 dollar limit (it could also replace the need for a shipping page). 

The social-share on you product page could be more aligned with the other buttons, it looks off center in a responsive (browser) layout. 

Also, your shipping calculator contradicts the "Free shipping" limit when an order is below the $50.00 USD limit that you have placed on your store (see the snippet below): 

Capture20.PNG

Good luck with your store.

Inspired by Unique Creativity - info@icyborgs.com
1 Like
Shopify Partner
306 15 57

Hi @EterniaBoutique 

Overall I think your shopify store looks pretty good, But I noticed a couple of things that you might consider adding.

After carefully reviewing I don't see a sense of urgency. One of the main reasons why people don't buy from a store is because they feel like they can buy it whenever. A big thing that can help more of your visitors be turned into buyers would be by adding a sense of urgency to your store. One way to add urgency is to have a sale, and all sales need an end date. You can easily add a sale to your store with a countdown timer. One countdown timer that I recommend is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

After carefully reviewing I don't see a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

An important thing I couldn't find is reviews. If you add reviews it will help keep your customers on your site. If your customer needs to leave your site to do research on a product they might not come back, adding reviews can help with that.

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find a blog. If you had a blog more customers might be able to find your site, and even if they aren't ready to buy at the moment they are reading your blog, they are more likely to buy from you in the future.

But seriously your store is actually really great, and I think just a few minor tweaks could really go a long way.

Just so you know (I had to do it), I wrote a series of emails https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course that might help you with some tips for making your store better (I get into the weeds there).

1 Like

Solid looking store so far but there are some ways to make it better. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage as it's disorganized right now. Just showing product is not ideal. You want to show off your brand a bit and let people know what it expect. The section with the Jewelry and women in the brown dress needs some work.

2. Add links to your footer for return/refund, FAQ, sizing chart and shipping policy. I didn't see these pages on your site and they are ones customers will look for

3. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

4. I might remove the Accessories section and focus on clothes and Jewelry as those can be pretty huge markets to enter

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

2. Move the sizing chart off your product pages and make a new page for this. That way you can link to it from your product pages and in the footer. This will clean up your page and make it look more professional. Also make sure you tell people what size s/m/l/xl means... how many inches/CMs is each size. You don't want people buying the wrong size

3. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof

4. ASOS and other leading fashion brands are doing little fashion videos for their product pages. Something you could film on an iPhone or latest Android and add to your site.

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes