Critique my store

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Hello All,

I would love to hear your feedback on my store. Please be honest; I have tough skin. 

I am getting some traffic but not making sales.

www.Bare-Logic.com

Thanks so much!!

Highlighted
2 0 0

I think it looks great. The customer feedback is awesome.  how did you do it and can you remove negative ones?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Testimonials Master. I believe you can remove the negative reviews but I want to keep it organic. 

Thanks so much for letting me know your thoughts!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
219 39 141

Hey there, @BareLogic!  

It’s always frustrating when you get traffic but no sales. You put in the work but don’t get the results. That’s so frustrating. My colleague recently covered a Website Analysis of a Shopify store with a similar issue: https://youtu.be/ssmhY8OlJfg.

Whenever I see a store with traffic but no sales, two things immediately jump into my mind:

1. Are you generating the right traffic with the right ads? You didn’t mention that you were using paid campaigns, but I’m guessing you probably are. When you look at your website, use heatmaps to see where people click. You can then filter data by source or UTM parameters if you use them in your campaign. Do they click once and leave? Are they scrolling? I would also pay attention to where your ads are sending visitors. If you have a Facebook ad for your Lemongrass Scrub, it should lead to that specific page rather than the homepage. 
  2. What’s causing conversion friction on your website? By that I mean looking at what’s stopping people from turning into customers. You’re generating traffic, so something is appealing to your audience. Now it’s time to dig into visitor behavior to isolate what’s going on.

Jumping into the website…

Homepage

• You need a favicon! 
  • Announcement bar: I like the yellow you use and that you’ve linked it; you're ahead of the game here. However, the message is off. That’s a very nice message, but it’s not encouraging people to click on it. This would be a great way to promote 10% off or free shipping. 
  • Logo: Especially since you have a logo on your products, why not use it here? I would definitely get it front and center.
  • Hero image: This is where you lose me. The lemon hero mage is again bright and eye-catching. However, the eucalyptus (or whatever green plant you’re using) loses me. It’s unnecessary. Since you’re promoting the same exact product, it becomes a distraction. Just keep it to one. 
  • Hero image messaging: For your messaging, I would revise it. Run a poll to see if your visitors are more interested in luxury body care, all natural products, or something else entirely. With that information, you can craft better messaging that appeals to your unique target audience. 
  • Use a scroll heatmap to see how far people scroll. Once you get past the hero image, there’s quite a bit of white page. I get a lot of information about natural ingredients, but you may lose someone who doesn’t care about that. They just want to see your products. I would be interested to see how far people really are scrolling. Because you do have a pretty long home page, you may find that people aren’t making it much past the hero image. 
  • Featured products: The products are impossible to read. I know that the hover-over method is popular, but it doesn’t work here. If you have any mobile users, you have to change it. Someone isn’t going to hover over it to find out what it is.
  • Reviews: I like when you use testimonials, but I would cut these down. Ten is a LOT of reviews to have! I would pick a handful of your favorites and showcase those instead. Product-specific reviews would be even better. 

Footer

• Ingredients: This is not what I expected, and that’s not a good thing. What you have posted is visually appealing. It stays on brand with your styling. However, it tells visitors nothing. If you have a page dedicated to ingredients, you visitors expected to read about what you put into your products. Why is lemongrass good for your skin? Why use a sugar scrub? 
  • Behind the Brand: Now THIS is the page I've been waiting for. This is personal with a real touch on the woman behind the brand. GREAT JOB! 
  • Contact: I would add in your linked email address and a nice welcome message more than what it is now. Like, “We’re so glad you’re here!” Get in touch with us through email or by filling out the form below.” It’s a more personal tone. For the form itself, remove the phone number field - it has a high abandonment rate.
  • Terms of Service: I would improve the formatting and link the URLs/email address. 
  • Privacy Policy: I would improve the formatting and link the URLs/email address. 
  • Refund Policy: Link your email address.
  • Mailing list: Since you have a Join Our List tab at the top of your page, do you really need this in your footer? If you decide to keep it, add in that same value that you did in your pop-up.
    LuckyDanny_0-1603400221354.png

Main Navigation

• I would test different combinations here. Instead of doing Shop | Ingredients | Behind the Brand | Contact, I would also try to separate out your collections by smell or product. 
  • Use your heatmaps to see where people click. Are there certain pages that get more or less traffic? My guess is that Behind the Brand and Ingredients could be moved to the footer. If you have a high number of mobile users, you could keep Contact on the main navigation.
  • Session recordings are going to be your secret weapon here. You’ll want to see how your visitors move around your site and go to your product pages. 
  • An FAQ page may be helpful for your visitors or a guide to picking products. If I’m new to skincare, what do I need to know?

Collection Page

• Right now, I don’t think you need to add filters. Segmenting by collection may help in the navigation, but for your whole collection here it’s not as vital. As you grow your collection, I would suggest adding filters.
  • Really, that’s all I have. The layout is nice, and the pictures are consistent. No complaints from me. 

Product Page

For reference, I’m on the Lemongrass exfoliating sugar scrub page.

• I’m missing the shipping information! How much is it going to ship?
  • Instead of the pictures below the buying information, I would go into what it’s made with instead. The pictures don’t look bad, but they don’t add to it either. 
  • Instead of the “You may also like,” I would offer a bundle instead. Buy the scrub and moisturizer for $10 off. 
  • Add in reviews here! Let your customers leave reviews (make sure there’s an invitation in your post-purchase communication). I know you have reviews on the homepage, but visitors may expect it more so on the product pages.

Wrapping it up

• You have a great site here. The branding efforts you’ve made are better than I’ve seen in a long time, and your vibe is fresh and clean. That’s excellent.
  • I would add a live chat on here to help guide your visitors through the process. At the same time, you may be able to notice where there are common gaps in information.
  • Visitor behavior is going to be a major player in your store’s success. It’s going to help you see what’s stopping visitors and if they behave differently than you expected. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Danny,

This was ridiculously informative!

Thanks, Gracías, Merci Beaucoup. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
744 17 204

Hi @BareLogic !

Add a favicon

I love your engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals. 

Add clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.

Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.Your e-commerce blog will not only drive more traffic to your website—but it will increase your conversions too. Your blog will make you feel more credible and relatable, which will provide new clients with a greater sense of confidence in their purchases.

Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)

Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
396 41 131

Hi @BareLogic

Have seen your store and it looks very amazing. 

Just have some suggestions for you:

- I see you have a logo on your products, why to use this logo instead of only a text logo. 

- I think besides this part, you need to have a clear navigation

ConveyLego0612_0-1603419128175.png

- It would be great if you can add Quickview buttons for your products to allow your customers to see more product details faster. 

- I think the background color of this section should be white. The yellow color is too shiny. 

ConveyLego0612_1-1603419354083.png

- When I click on the search part, I cannot see any buttons to close it.

- On your product pages, there are some sections that I think you need to change:

+ The background-color

+ Add the Quantity section 

+ Add title for description and also more details if you can

+ Add the sticky add to cart 

ConveyLego0612_1-1603434565391.png

- I've seen your Instagram account and it has much good content and also many product photos. You can show that in your store by having an Instagram gallery. 

Check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It will help you create one and also make it shoppable. 

- You can also consider having live chat support to improve your customer service. WhatsApp can be a good channel to chat with your friends. 

App WhatsApp Chat & Abandoned Cart will help you do that with ease. 

Hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1442 73 244

Hey @BareLogic, Your store lacks customer engagement this can be a reason for the high bounce rate. Your store must be engaging enough to engage visitors coming to your store which will help you to convert visitors into customers. Here are some suggestions:-

- You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and helps in retaining your customers.

- Add a referral program. A referral program can help optimize your sales cycle, help you produce quality leads, and take your marketing efforts up a notch. People are more like to make a purchase when a product is referred by any friend. You can boost your marketing ROI and drive conversions with referral marketing.

Add a chatbot- Welcome new visitors, boost your customer engagement, deliver personalized recommendations, and much more. Give customers instant answers 24/7 with the help of the live ChatBot.

- Enable Social media conversion techniques on the store for better conversion.

- Set up an affiliate marketing program to increase your influencers and it will help to increase sellers.

To implement these tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion.com.

I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.

We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I love your home page pics!! 

Add your logo for sure. But also you actually product pics are so BLAH. based on the homepage I was expecting that happy feeling to continue to your category page but the pics are all gray.

Also I’m not a marketing company, I’d be a potential customer. But I would never buy a product that doesn’t list ingredients. So I recommend adding them.

And consumers are researchers —think about how much you read about something before buying it. Your product pages need more product information and better easy to scan layout. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

This feedback is wonderful. I have made some changes. Please check them out!

0 Likes