Dead Store

oobash
Tourist
7 0 2

Hello! 

I am worried about my website and I don't know exactly what is wrong. It used to have a stead flow of sales for over the past month an a half no sales have happened and cant figure out what is wrong. We sell handmade leather shoes  and currently offer free shipping and up to 40% off.  Please check out https://oobash.com/ and let me know what you think might be the problem. 

Thank you!

Ale 

Kevin_Williams
Excursionist
33 0 8

Great theme. I expect that during the pandemic, there has been a decline in shoe wearing. Many companies adopted waist-up Zoom meetings. New York and California began significantly reducing restrictions this week. This might influence your sales, though with permission to shop in public, people may prefer to go into a brick-and-mortar store.

It is really helpful to see how shoes look on feet. You show that for some styles but not for others. I think you need to consistently include it for all styles. In addition to external style, you might consider adding text or images to emphasize comfort. No matter how good a shoe looks, if it hurts feet, you have an unhappy customer.

As far as men's styles go, you really only have one shoe (in two different colors). If that is not a customer's style, he is likely to shop elsewhere.

Typo in your refund policy (in): 

• Please keep i mind that to be eligible for a refund or return, items must be unused, unaltered, and in its original packaging with tags attached.

Hoping things turn around for you!

oobash
Tourist
7 0 2

Hello Kevin!

Thank you so much for your comments!!!  I'll begin to improve image consistency and the return policy typo. 

Regards, 

Ale. 

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1002 137 329

Hey @oobash,

Sorry to hear you've seen a dip in sales. I've taken a look through your store, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to what is going on.

oobash-01.png

PRODUCTS
As you know, footwear can be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for a pair of shoes or boots in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

Now, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. You mentioned that yours are handmade and genuine leather, this is a huge differentiating factor! I would think about all your "whys" and what sets you apart and use that in your marketing and in the text in your store.

HOMEPAGE BANNER
That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? What words or phrases do they use that you can as well to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

macarons-04.png

SHIPPING
I put my shipping address as a province in Canada and this error came up. I'm not sure if it was just for this particular product or if your shipping in general is limited but something to look into. If you do not ship worldwide, I would go through your shipping settings and adjust accordingly. This will also be very important when advertising, make sure you are only targeting the areas you ship to and are only partnering with people (ie. influencers) that have audiences within your target area.

shipping-error-01.png

POWERED BY SHOPIFY
This is completely optional but if you’d like to remove the text “Powered by Shopify” at the bottom, here is how to do it:

Your main issue is you need sales so here is what I would do if I was in your position.

I’d advertise locally.

I’d post online to local community Facebook pages, marketplace, join any handmade groups, etc. If there are online markets I would join them and definitely in person when they are up and running again.

With everything you do locally, make sure to include a business card with a discount for their next online order. This will create awareness that you have an online shop. Here is how to create a discount code:

You could also offer incentives such as free local delivery:

If delivery is not an option, or if you want to offer two things, you could offer local pickup as well:

Another thing you could do for marketing that would help you is to create videos. You could either make them tutorials (how to making shoes or do small repairs/restoration), which could potentially lead to a different type of income for you (a course) or you could do a voiceover and talk about something you are passionate about that will resonate with your target audience. This can be tips on caring for leather shoes or how to restore small damages, something about you personally or etc.  You can do short 30 second to 1 minute videos for TikTok, IG Reels, Facebook. You can also do longer videos and post them on YouTube or Facebook. As for the platforms, right now I personally suggest TikTok & YouTube. You are going to grow way faster on TikTok right now than you could on IG Reels or Facebook.
It has the potential to be a double fold success for you because not only can you earn on the platforms themselves (ie. with YouTube you can get AdSense, add affiliate links and do brand deals) but also you are driving traffic to your store and selling there as well. A good example of this in action is the Detail Geek. He has a service based vehicle detailing business and creates YouTube videos of himself detailing vehicles. He will mention products he is using and drive traffic to his online store AND he also earns AdSense money by allowing YouTube to place ads in his videos.
Definitely think this could be great for you, hope you give it a go!

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

oobash
Tourist
7 0 2

Oh wow! Thank you so much for your reply. I will be optimizing all of the areas that you mentioned. Your explanation was extremely detailed and I believe my team can start working on it. I am extremely thankful that you took the time to review our site. Thanks again and I will for sure reach out to the email you provided if need. 

Regards, 

Ale. 

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
295 58 183

Hey there, @oobash!  

Welcome to Shopify! You’ve come to the right place. It’s frustrating to be in your position, but let’s see what we can do to get out of it.

My initial thought is that you’re clutching at straws here. You’re piling on the sales thinking that’s the issue when it’s likely not. It’s time to use visitor behavior to understand what’s stopping more people from converting.

First, the easy fixes:

• Link your announcement bar to your All Products collection
  • Link all mentions of your email address; I found it isn’t linked in most places
  • Your social media links should open in a new tab rather than the same tab as it does now
  • You have some broken links in your “You may also like” feature.
    LuckyDanny_0-1623877096723.png

First impressions matter
When I look at your website, the overall impression is nice. However, the first impression sours the more I look. The big issues for me in this regard - hero images and wholesale.

I would limit it to one hero image and send any wholesale mentions to the footer. 

When I first arrived, it showed the Wholesale Inquiries hero image. If I’m an average visitor, that may make me think you aren’t selling to me. It gives off the wrong first impression. Use session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website, to see how people are moving around the store and what they seem to be interested in. 

Pay attention to homepage details

For your hero image, make sure it links to the correct page. Right now, here’s how it links:

• Don’t confirm with the norm (silver boots) >> Claire Red Retro Boot
  • Wear a colorful smile with each style (blue-ish shoes) >> Veronica Brown Vintage Mule 
  • Summer slides (sandals) >> Kate Black Dress Shoes

Do you see the problem here? If I’m interested in any one of those products, I can’t find it. Use a heatmap to see where people clicked. If you see a large number of people clicking on the CTA, how many of those converted? Did they leave? That may have been a huge reason people are leaving.

Revisit your policy pages

I’m a stickler for details. As I mentioned earlier, there were several pages that included an email address that wasn’t linked. I would also highly recommend evaluating your policies altogether.

• Refund policy: A 15-day return is very short. Even if someone doesn’t use a full 30-days, it may provide a bigger safety net should your customers want to seek a refund.
  • Shipping policy: Work on some formatting to make it easier to read. Also address international purchase options and shipping costs. Leaving shipping cost information to the checkout isn’t a wise strategy. Though you have free shipping now, I imagine it won’t always be offered.

Don’t neglect contact
You have a live chat, which is great. Now you need to work on your Contact Us page.

• Create a separate page and information for wholesale inquiries. Trying to make both work on the same page could scare away visitors.
  • Link your email address
  • Add a short form for name, email address and message

Add filters that help
Right now your filters on collection pages aren’t helpful. You need to search by things like color, style, price, etc.

Add more details to your product page

I’m talking about a sizing chart and care instructions. I’m on the Work Loafer Kate Black page, and I would suggest combining the same shoe in different colors. It will allow people to switch between the different colors and make that decision to buy. 

This may sound like a lot, but you’re headed in the right direction. You’ve put in the work, and it shows. Now you need to use visitor behavior to really see what’s stopping people from converting. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1002 137 329

Hey Ale (@oobash),

Awesome! So glad to hear you found my response helpful.

Sincerely wish you all the best!

Take care.

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

Hello @oobash 

I had a look at your website, it looks great. There are few areas still needs improvement.

->As per navigation, customers sometimes may lost track of their products they wished to purchase, try to add recently viewed products feature.

-> Add trust badges on home page and  add them on product details page too.

-> Credits  and rewards helps to increase the orders, and make customers to buy the products with rewards and credits. You can give credits for registration, subscription, Order credits, Cart Value, Item review, Monthly, Birth day, Referral and many more. This will assist you with captivating your customers and hold them. You can compensate your customers to reclaim those focuses. At the point when you will offer focuses to them they will come back again later on to cause a buy to reclaim those focuses. Setup a reward program for giving points and let customers redeem on their next purchase.

->I can also suggest social login page like login with facebook, instagram , google ,linked in and twitter. which helps the customer to login easily .

-> Blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers. 

I suggest our app Tuecus-Customer Account Page for enjoying all this features and to attract customers.

I hope this is helpful ! If you find it useful, leave a like and accept solution to let me know! 

Thanks
team Tuecus

Apps Developer Team |@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3750 215 670

Hello @oobashThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. After reviewing your store, here's the feedback:

- Make this image proportionate to the left image. Don't leave the highlight space blank.

AiTrillion_0-1623919697090.png

- Display the products on the homepage in the slide manner. Add more sections like trending, new products displaying the products in a slider.

- You have a great Instagram page, you can add an Instagram Feed on the homepage.

- Collection and product page looks good!

- Add loyalty rewards program. You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, sharing or following on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and helps in retaining your customers.

Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email address. You can send back in stock and price drop alert notifications to bring customers back to your store. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

For loyalty rewards program and web push notifications you can install the app AiTrillion

P.S- Free plan available, install AiTrillion for free here.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
oobash
Tourist
7 0 2

Hello !

thanks so much for your feedback!! I will be checking out this service as it seems extremely helpful as well as your additional observations. Thank you so much for checking out our website. 

Best, 

Ale. 

0 Likes