Decent Traffic But No Sales - Debut Theme

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi all, I have a general store that gets decent traffic daily but no sales. Can anyone please give me suggestions? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or what to even change.

The link is: https://www.betterbitsnbobs.com/

I appreciate any help!

P.S.: I use Hotjar to view recording sessions and nothing seems off.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
127 21 35

Hi @cncgal3

It kind of depends on what decent traffic really means. From there on out you can extrapolate how many sales you should be seeing on a daily basis, based on your expected conversion rate. This also has a lot to do with the kind of visitors you're bringing in, the ways you're doing so (organic/search traffic, advertising, etc). If the audience visiting isn't pertinent to your offering, then it is less likely to convert than an engaged, interested audience. 

Since I mentioned the store's offerings, I believe that—for a general store—you have very few products. I'm seeing a total of 40+ items that span 7 categories, so there's no browsing element involved (which is crucial for a general store). These kinds of stores usually have a product catalog consisting of several hundred to several thousand items, which is what you're competing against. 

If you intend to keep your product variety in the low numbers, then I'd suggest that you shift your strategy to match your limitation. Creating single-product categories with countdown flash sales and cycling through different products every few days (and announcing the next offer coming up) might help narrow down the message you're trying conveying to a visitor, as well as provide focus for your advertising strategy.

Good luck with your store!

PS: HotJar can be of great use in a variety of situations, since it gives you a good understanding of what issues your visitors might be facing in terms of navigations and UX. It is a very specific audience though, whose only role is to browse your website and record it. They do not intend to purchase anything from your store, so it's unlikely that you'll get any relevant information regarding what you're offering.

Panos Voulgaris
Creative director / Partner @ MALVI
Founder @ function( )
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
339 14 72

Hi @cncgal3 welcome to Shopify community 

Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,

1. Build confidence by using social proof: Social proof comes in many forms. They can be reviews, trust badges, customer testimonials, videos, ratings, etc. Customers are more likely to trust you when you have social proofs that establish you’re a reputable brand other people are already buying from.

Show off the products: People tend to rely on engaging visuals to help drive their purchases. Since online buyers do not have the option to experience your products in-person, it's important to draw them in with great product photos, and right now your images are of low-res and small. More on visual cues that can help make your store a better shopping experience can be read here.

Good navigation provides an improved user experience leading to more sales and revenue. Add a top navigation bar with the product catalog broken down into different collections & categories so that customers can quickly browse and reach their desired products faster. Also, have an auto-complete and suggestion feature in the search bar so that it provides an extra helping hand to relatable collections and products will also be useful.

4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalised stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.

I hope this helps!

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes