Decent traffic but no sales - help with marketing / finding right demo

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi all,

I launched a dropshipping website for cat beds about a week ago. Here it is: https://www.kittenkove.com/

I started campaigning on Facebook and Instagram and I've had great engagement on the ads but not the traffic or sales conversions I anticipated on my website. Then I realized I was targeting to the wrong demographics...I was targeting to consumers in North America as well as Latin America, where people tend to be highly price-sensitive. So I narrowed my demos to North America, United Kingdom, and Australia (basically all English-speaking regions). And Facebook ad engagement as well as traffic dropped drastically. And I've had so many potential customers reach check out and inquire about my products but they never actually buy anything. What am I doing wrong here? I've offered promos, even free products, and I think my sales copy isn't too shabby. 

I believe the reluctance and balking from potential customers may arise because they don't quite trust my brand yet. But I can't keep investing money on ads when I am not generating any sales (I've already spent $200). My efforts would be moot. Also, my website needs polishing....but I can't afford a skilled developer just yet. I am going off of a basic Shopify template. I was consulting with a friend as well and she said my products aren't that special. Maybe that is true...I don't know. I need third (and fourth and fifth) opinions. 

What can I do to increase conversion rates? What would compel these cat owners to actually buy a cat bed? 

Thanks all for any help and advice. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1902 37 230

Hello,

I had look into your website.

Gallery image sizes are not equal like https://www.kittenkove.com/products/rest-in-me-kitty-tent check it.
You can use open new tab on the links on the Footer section and items on grid page, then customers are spent more time on your store.
Increase your followers through social media pages.
I would suggest avoid the spaces under menu bar then looks more good.
Increase your store niche.
You can add product reviews, Simply it helps to increases sales by giving consumers the information they need to make the decision to purchase a product or service from a business.
You can improve your Testimonials. Testimonials take the spotlight away from the seller, and shine it on the customer. Adding client testimonials to your website can be an extremely effective way to establish trust and strengthen your company's reputation. They are extremely powerful tools when it comes to strengthening your branding.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Shoofly , besides Ads, you should increase your followers through social media. I'll list down some suggestions below:

- Create accounts on Instagram, Pinterest

- Wander through subreddits on Reddit (should be related to cats or pets)

- Join related Facebook groups (pet-lover FB groups, I think)

This article will show you in detail. 

Other than that, you should also install some apps like:

- Real-time activity displayed app to add more credibility to your store. This will also help you promote your brand (I recommend TrustPulse)

- Product reviews app (this will help give more credibility to your store, and also add more atmosphere to your site)

You can also seek for help from experts. HappyPoints offers FREE Review my Shopify service, you will receive a thorough report after 3-5 business days.

Thanks,

Hannah.

Hannah Pham | Blogger at Happypoints.io
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hey Hannah,

Thanks for the tips. I will be sure to check out that article when I get a chance. I already have an account on Instagram and I've been marketing there very diligently. But people just seem to like my photos because they are pictures of cute cats and not necessarily because they want to buy my products.

I've been thinking about Pinterest and I will create an account on there as well. As for Reddit, good thinking because it didn't even occur to me to look there.

But the question on demos have not been answered. Who do I target? Right now I'm targeting people in English-speaking nations with ages ranging anywdhrew between 18 - 60+. Is that too wide of a demographic?
0 Likes
Highlighted

I think you should separate the age groups, like:

- Group 1: 18-24

- Group 2: 25-34

- Group 3: 35-44

- Group 4: 45-54

- Group 5: 55+

Do some tests, you will find a suitable group. Separating groups not only help you testing but also make the ads operate better and more focus.

Not only age, Facebook ads also give you some suggestions about your target audience behaviour/interest/geographic. Dig deeper and set ads. I know this takes time, but it will give the ads more details to target.

Hope this help,

Hannah.

Hannah Pham | Blogger at Happypoints.io
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Hi, 

I have reviewed your store and first impression of store is good but I can confront you to some of the things in a very simple way, it will help you in improving UI and overall functionalities to become more user friendly and eventually leads to sales.

You don't need to be disappointed, as store is decent and attractive.

1. Your image sizes are uneven you can even out the size of your images as it will look more organised.
  2. Surprisingly, I can't find a search bar which is a must in an ecommerce which help in getting the right product to the visitors.
  3. You can convert more traffic into qualified leads and customers from the app. SiteKit fast-tracks your business growth by turning visitors into subscribers and customers with lead generation campaigns and high-converting tools.
  4. Lastly, You have over 60 products. I would strongly recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.
    Neha:)
Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes