Decent traffic, but no sales!

BeSweetNZ
1 0 0

Hi all,

I opened besweet.co.nz about 2 months ago and have been running mainly off of wholesale orders and orders placed locally on Facebook Marketplace. I’ve hit a dry patch with both of those, and really would like to focus on increasing retail sales.

I’m getting decent traffic from ads, but no sales or even add to carts. Many visitors only spend a few seconds on the site. I’ve tried changing the product photos, changing the copywriting, and even changed the whole store theme, but nothing seems to make a difference.

What would make you want to stick around and make a purchase?

Thanks in advance ☺️

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1003 138 329

Hey @BeSweetNZ,

Before I get into my feedback, I wanted to let you know that we are giving away prizes every week leading up to Christmas. Prizes include things like custom logos and favicons, custom store banners, one hour of store tweaks and for one lucky person, we are giving away a complete store re-design. To get your entry in, all you need to do is sign up for our email newsletter. Oh, and we are giving away FREE Christmas store banners and pop up graphics automatically to everyone who signs up.

Now, onto my feedback..

The first recommendation I would make is to swap out the pink color for either a darker pink or a different color. The pink text on the white background and the white text on the pink bar are hard to see.

screencapture-besweet-co-nz-2020-12-22-10_57_27.png

I think a big part of the problem are the products you've chosen. For example, with your soy candles, there are already large, well-known companies offering this same thing. When a person is searching for this type of product in Google, these big companies are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers. The same goes for the candy and the prints.

A person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who makes these locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local.

If you cannot find a way to set yourself apart in the market, it is time to move on to a different product. A good product choice should have these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.

I have a lot more to say on this topic, but I cover it in our video so I'll leave it here for you to watch:

PS: If you decide to give Ecomhunt a try, here is our affiliate link: https://www.ecomhunt.com?afmc=2tp
Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Ecomhunt we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes

Hi @BeSweetNZ ,

Here is Bruno from Suproof. I have a few suggestions:
1 - Firstly, I suggest making the pink colour a little darker. It is really hard to read the current copy. First impression matters. If users are leaving right after, this might be affecting the bounce rate
2 - From ads perspective, are you targeting the right audience for your product? I suggest taking a look at this as well
3 - Finally, I suggest taking a look at Suproof. It would let you or your customers create photo/image/text based stories for your products. This will help customers make up their mind about buying your product. Best of all, it's free!

I hope this helps. 

Cheers!

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3749 215 670

Hello @BeSweetNZ, I hope you are doing well! here are some suggestions:

- On the homepage, add a section of trending, new, recently viewed products or you can install the app AiTrillion and simply enable the product recommendations.

- Add the image of the product here-

Screenshot (71).png

- Add reviews on the homepage. It helps in building trust with other visitors. AiTrillion has a review feature too. You can give loyalty points to your customers on leaving a review. This will help you to increase the number of reviews. Reviews is a very important tool for an online business. 

- I loved the look and feel of your store. Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate. 

- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

AiTrillion has a great loyalty reward program & popup. You can customize the popup. It has pre-designed popups.

These are some ways to entice customers and convert them into paying customers. Retarget your customers by giving discounts & rewards when they leave the store without a purchase. This will bring back them to your store.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes

@BeSweetNZ 

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Page Builder. First of all, congratulations on your store. So I've checked the store of yours and I have a few feedback on your store, and I hope it helps

• Home page

1.Add Sticky Header

I would suggest you use ONE sticky header. A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. 

2. Banner:

Your banner is a bad crop. The banner is the first impression of your store. Your banner should be full width to align with other sections of your home pages.

3. Font and size of text

Text color is a little bit hard to read. Please check colorhunt.com to better combine colors.

4. Testimonial and chatbox

Chatbox and Testimonials can be added to your homepage as well. Customers will feel more engaged in your store.

1.1.jpg

CTA Button

It’s such a loss if you don’t have a “Shop Now” button on your featured product section. It urges visitors to make the purchase and a great way to optimize your home page

1.2.jpg

• PRODUCT PAGE

1. Invest in bespoke imagery 

More product images should be added (3-5 images from different angles per product). Don’t just show what a product looks like but how it works in real life. Your products are lovely and unique so lifestyle shots will be a game-changer in conversion rate optimization 

2. Use Delivery Date

Once the purchase decision is made, the buyer is excited to get your product on their hand as soon as possible. When viewing “Standard Shipping — 3 business days. Get it by April 4th”, visitors get the urgency to make the purchase.

You can check out our templates for more inspiration for your page. Feel free to check our blog article as well. A Page Builder can be seen as a good choice for you to have an attractive and powerful page quickly. You will have lots more time focusing on strategies. You can consider checking PageFly - Free Page Builder. 

If you think my answer was useful, please like and mark it as a solution. Thank you and best of luck!

Richard

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

Want To Strive The Coolest E-commerce Knowledge? Explore Our FREE Video Resources.

0 Likes