This is an accepted solution.
Hey there oldmariner,
Hope you're doing well and staying safe!
Congratulations on your store!! I adore the products you are selling and your pictures are so amazing. I think you've done a great job designing your product and store and it definitely shows how much hardwork you have put on this. So kudos on that!
I really love that you have Social proof on your store as well as a live chat. These are extensions of a website that have become so essential lately and I'm really glad you already have those on your store. Secondly, it's great that you are offering free shipping as well ( I always recommend this to everyone that free shipping is one of the biggest enticement for new buyers ).
Now, I have a few recommendations. I hope they will be of help.
1. Add a hero image on your homepage. Also add a call to action button (eg. Shop now) to on your hero image which would take you to the main catalogue page instead of displaying everything on the homepage itself.
2. Length of pages - Your homepage and product single page is long and would also be needing a scroll to top button so that the viewers can easily go up to the top of your page with just one click. Providing you with a link of an app that does this best. Scroll to top
3. Product description - Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search.
4. Reviews on Product Page - Add a section for customer reviews when you get them (yes, along with social proof). This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started.
5. Let the viewer connect with you on a personal level - Add a human touch : About you and your business - Highlight what makes you different and personalize your offerings when you write about your brand in a custom About Us section.
6. Social media - "Linked In and Twitter" both are the gems of e-commerce store advertising. Hence, should be added to the site footer.
7. Filters and Sort by - Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
8. Cart Page : discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc. - Personalize your customer's shopping experience with these features on your cart page.
I really hope these pointers will help you.
You can always contact me anytime if you have any questions or queries about anything.
If you found my answer helpful please like and accept it as solution.
Thanks! Have a great week
This is an accepted solution.
Hey there, @oldmariner!
I can tell you’ve put in a lot of hard work into your store. Great job! There are a few things I found though.
Before I dive in, I have to give you major kudos for having an engaging live chat. I was looking at your site and your chat invitation popped up. Great job! The only thing I would mention is that while I like how you use it, once I closed out of it, the chat invitation moved from the bottom of the page to near the header!
It moved back down after about 5-10 minutes, but it’s something to be aware of.
I was a little confused by the Explore Here drop-down. I would make it more clear like “Explore Shirts” or something like that.
I would watch session recordings to see how people are using your website. Where are they clicking? How are they moving across the site? That will help you make those navigation updates, like adding in a filter for your collections, to help drive more sales.
Moving on to product pages…
Overall, I think you’re headed in the right direction! I would highly suggest you rethink your font, but use visitor behavior to help you evaluate it. You can also run polls to test out those new shirt ideas or ask visitors directly what stopped them from checking out.
Visitor behavior is going to be the key to your success here. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.
I hope this helps. Good luck, Keith!
It is great that you decided to post your feedback request here. I like the idea of your business, and the prints are quite unique. With that being said, let's hop on to the tips that will help you improve the sales rate:
-Make the header menu and navi bar slightly thinner
-Use a different hero banner image. Find one that is high resolution, unique and resonates with your brand. Hero banner creates the first impression, the one that you currently have creates an impression of an unfinished site
-Use more colors on your site. Just because your logo is black and white, it does not mean you cannot incorporate more of that baby blue you have used a couple of times. Choose between that blue or pink on the product image background and stick to it. I recommend blue because pink is a common color used on most of the clothing boutiques.
-Increase the contrast of the image you are using for categories on your homepage. Right now it looks blurry and exposed. (that might be on my monitor only though)
-Write product descriptions. They not only affect SEO but also help customers make choices.
-Use better product images
-Add a sizing chart
-Allow zooming into the images, to see the fabric and smaller details
-Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
-90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential of every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site.
For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave. We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. There is a free plan available also.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Take care and stay healthy <3
Hey Deep Sea Dreams,
Follow the below listed tips for giving a more professional look to your store:
All the best!
Hello @oldmariner ,
I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.
I hope our feedback helps you.
Welcome to the Shopify family, and congratulations on your store.
Your store looks pretty great on the first look, good job. I have a few observations to add:
I hope this advice helps out. Hoping for more sales in your store!
First of all, I really like what you've accomplished with your storefront thus far. You are definitely on the right track. With that said, I've compiled a variety of recommended apps, guides, and tools that are especially useful for businesses in the apparel industry.
Free Size Chart App
TL;DR - Hassle free being the key word here! Need a size chart and not sure where to start?.... check this out.
TL;DR - Create unlimited Lookbook image galleries for your store & have customers purchase direct through gallery.
BLOGS & GUIDES
22 Top Rated Shopify Apps for Fashion Stores
TL;DR - From social posting apps to product reviews and tracking, this blog post will recommend all the apps you need if you're running a fashion shop.
Free Report: Trends, Opportunities, and Pitfalls Fashion Retailers Can’t Ignore
TL;DR - What should you sell where should you sell it, what should you avoid and what will make you the most successful in fashion.
THEMES & TOOLS
TL;DR - Create amazing graphics in literally minutes. Perfect for creating content for your blogs and social media posts
Clothing & Fashion Themes
TL;DR - Clothing & Fashion Theme template demos, though remember they are only demos and any industry theme can be customized for clothing and fashion.