Deep Sea Dreams Feedback Wanted

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Good afternoon!

I would appreciate any input regarding my store at deepseadreams.com..  Its been an evolution and I want to thank everyone for their input.. From the Gurus in Ireland and Canada to you all.  

Have at it! Keith

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
187 35 122

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there 

Hope you're doing well and staying safe!

Congratulations on your store!! I adore the products you are selling and your pictures are so amazing. I think you've done a great job designing your product and store and it definitely shows how much hardwork you have put on this. So kudos on that! 

I really love that you have Social proof on your store as well as a live chat. These are extensions of a website that have become so essential lately and I'm really glad you already have those on your store. Secondly, it's great that you are offering free shipping as well ( I always recommend this to everyone that free shipping is one of the biggest enticement for new buyers ). 

Now, I have a few recommendations. I hope they will be of help. 

1. Add a hero image on your homepage. Also add a call to action button (eg. Shop now) to on your hero image which would take you to the main catalogue page instead of displaying everything on the homepage itself. 

2. Length of pages - Your homepage and product single page is long and would also be needing a scroll to top button so that the viewers can easily go up to the top of your page with just one click. Providing you with a link of an app that does this best. Scroll to top

3. Product description - Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search.

4. Reviews on Product Page - Add a section for customer reviews when you get them (yes, along with social proof). This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started. 

5. Let the viewer connect with you on a personal level - Add a human touch : About you and your business - Highlight what makes you different and personalize your offerings when you write about your brand in a custom About Us section.

6. Social media - "Linked In and Twitter" both are the gems of e-commerce store advertising. Hence, should be added to the site footer.

7. Filters and Sort by - Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.

8. Cart Page : discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc. - Personalize your customer's shopping experience with these features on your cart page.

I really hope these pointers will help you. 

You can always contact me anytime if you have any questions or queries about anything. 

If you found my answer helpful please like and accept it as solution. 

Thanks! Have a great week

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution!
Check out the following apps :
Simple scroll to top
Superbar
Slick scroll progress bar
3 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
185 29 112

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @oldmariner

I can tell you’ve put in a lot of hard work into your store. Great job! There are a few things I found though.

Before I dive in, I have to give you major kudos for having an engaging live chat. I was looking at your site and your chat invitation popped up. Great job! The only thing I would mention is that while I like how you use it, once I closed out of it, the chat invitation moved from the bottom of the page to near the header!

DeepSeaDreams1.png
It moved back down after about 5-10 minutes, but it’s something to be aware of.

Moving on...

Homepage

• It’s missing something like a hero image to bring the homepage together. If you use heatmaps (to see where people click and/or scroll), see where people are clicking. Do they use your navigation bar or click on the products featured on your homepage?
  • I like that your banner stands out, but I would link the text as well instead of just linking “Shop Now.” I would also link the text for the deal itself. Again, if you use heatmaps, you can see where they’re clicking on the banner.
  • I would reshuffle your header a bit. I would move your logo to the left. Shrink the font of the navigation headers, and they should be able to fit in nicely on the right side of your logo. You may also not need all of those pages - Facebook, Blog and maybe even Special Requests may be able to live in the footer rather than your main navigation. Heatmaps can show you how your visitors are using it. 
  • Refine the bottom of your page above the footer. I like the imagery of the tall ship and that you reiterate the shipping costs. I don’t know if you can rework it to be featured in a different way or move it to a shipping page. The rest of the text likely isn’t helping you sell the products.

Footer

• Newsletter signup: Add more value to the newsletter. What will they get? Do you entice them with a discount on their next purchase?
  • Follow us links: Make sure it opens in a new tab.
  • Contact Us: Link your email address and add a simple form (email address + message field) to encourage people to contact you. 
  • Shipping policy: Link your email address and throw in that information from your homepage. I love that you mentioned a flat rate shipping for international customers, and this is the place they’ll look for that information. 
  • Satisfaction guarantee: Link your email address.

Navigation/Product Pages
I was a little confused by the Explore Here drop-down. I would make it more clear like “Explore Shirts” or something like that.

I would watch session recordings to see how people are using your website. Where are they clicking? How are they moving across the site? That will help you make those navigation updates, like adding in a filter for your collections, to help drive more sales.

Moving on to product pages…

• Take out of the “Shipping calculated at checkout” and link to your shipping information. Reiterate the free shipping. 
  • Revise the sale that ends Thursday. On your homepage, the banner showed the correct countdown. On the product pages, it shows 3 hours. It’s an inconsistency that may confuse customers.
  • I’m looking at the East India Trading Co. shirt. Don’t link to the product from your wholesaler. Add the sizing chart instead. 

Overall, I think you’re headed in the right direction! I would highly suggest you rethink your font, but use visitor behavior to help you evaluate it. You can also run polls to test out those new shirt ideas or ask visitors directly what stopped them from checking out.

Visitor behavior is going to be the key to your success here. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps. Good luck, Keith!

Cheers -
Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
386 34 155

HI @oldmariner 

It is great that you decided to post your feedback request here. I like the idea of your business, and the prints are quite unique. With that being said, let's hop on to the tips that will help you improve the sales rate: 

Homepage

-Make the header menu and navi bar slightly thinner 

-Use a different hero banner image. Find one that is high resolution, unique and resonates with your brand. Hero banner creates the first impression, the one that you currently have creates an impression of an unfinished site 

-Use more colors on your site. Just because your logo is black and white, it does not mean you cannot incorporate more of that baby blue you have used a couple of times. Choose between that blue or pink on the product image background and stick to it. I recommend blue because pink is a common color used on most of the clothing boutiques. 

-Increase the contrast of the image you are using for categories on your homepage. Right now it looks blurry and exposed. (that might be on my monitor only though)

Product page 

-Write product descriptions. They not only affect SEO but also help customers make choices. 

-Use better product images

-Add a sizing chart 

-Allow zooming into the images, to see the fabric and smaller details 

Functionality 

-Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer

-90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential of every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site.

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  GrowaveWe have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. There is a free plan available also.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Take care and stay healthy <3

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Hey Deep Sea Dreams,

Follow the below listed tips for giving a more professional look to your store:

• Attach a contact form in the "Contact Us" section for better customer interaction.
  • Add "Twitter and Linked In" business pages to the site footer for better advertising.
  • Adding images to the "About Us" section would boost site expressiveness.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

All the best!   

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @oldmariner ,

I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you. 

• There is no review option, try adding that feature social reviews helps you a lot in bringing sales. 
  • There are no trust badges at your checkout page, try adding them as trust badges help your customers know that your site is safe to shop. 
  • Also, try adding SEO friendly titles, they help you in promoting your products and your store.

I hope our feedback helps you. 

Thanks,

Droppersstop   

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
142 16 48

Hey @oldmariner 

Welcome to the Shopify family, and congratulations on your store.

Your store looks pretty great on the first look, good job. I have a few observations to add:

1. About us - You’ve given a nice explanation about who you are and your ideals. I would say add pictures as well, it gives a more human touch.
  2. As soon as I land on your homepage, there is a slight visual inconsistency. The font in your top bar with the timer has a different font. Then the header menu items have a different font. Then the t-shirt listing again, has another font. Your website is the only experience users have with your company, and you have to make it professional enough to earn their trust.
  3. “Antione A in new Rochelle” popup is showing on every page, repeatedly. I think it might become irritating after a while to someone who is browsing. I would suggest trigger it only once on the home page.
  4. This might just be me - but I felt that the images + font for the T-shirts on the home page was too small to read! Consider updating them both.
  5. IN the t-shirt product listings, it might make sense to insert a proper size chart. One which actually says what the dimensions of each size are. I personally tend to look into these a lot whenever I’m shopping for clothing, because sometimes different shops are slightly different sizes.
  6. Lastly, testimonials and reviews are another way of proving the authenticity and quality of your products. Get some testimonials from your current customers and add them!

I hope this advice helps out. Hoping for more sales in your store!

Cheers

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

ModeMagic | Product badges and labels to boost conversions
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
438 48 98

Hey, @oldmariner 

First of all, I really like what you've accomplished with your storefront thus far. You are definitely on the right track. With that said, I've compiled a variety of recommended apps, guides, and tools that are especially useful for businesses in the apparel industry.

APPS

Free Size Chart App 
TL;DR - Hassle free being the key word here! Need a size chart and not sure where to start?.... check this out.

Lookbook 
TL;DR - Create unlimited Lookbook image galleries for your store & have customers purchase direct through gallery.

BLOGS & GUIDES

22 Top Rated Shopify Apps for Fashion Stores 
TL;DR - From social posting apps to product reviews and tracking, this blog post will recommend all the apps you need if you're running a fashion shop.

Free Report: Trends, Opportunities, and Pitfalls Fashion Retailers Can’t Ignore
TL;DR - What should you sell where should you sell it, what should you avoid and what will make you the most successful in fashion.

THEMES & TOOLS

Canva
TL;DR - Create amazing graphics in literally minutes. Perfect for creating content for your blogs and social media posts

Clothing & Fashion Themes
TL;DR - Clothing & Fashion Theme template demos, though remember they are only demos and any industry theme can be customized for clothing and fashion.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi  Thank you all...

Made quite a few improvements still alot to do but check it out... deepseadreams.com

Much Thanks

0 Likes