Demolish our store with your feedback

2 0 0

So we've been up since late September but not really expecting to hit the ground running and make lots of money the minute we went live. We've already went through 2 themes and we settled on this latest one. We're taking the slower approach and we're still adding items and expanding our collections, especially the Home & Garden collections. 

A known issue is that our meta tags need a lot of work and our goal is to complete the home & garden collection (publish 2 sections with the proper layout) and go back and work on the meta tags/descriptions and the product layouts for the apparel, shoes, bags etc, pretty much anything that isn't home & garden. 

We've got 450 products but google has only decided to publish 30 products which is a big let down, we think it might be because of our meta, but our home and garden collection alone has about 100 products with the new meta (H1, paragraph).

Ideally we'd like to increase our organic clicks and not rely so much on adverts but we know that money will have to be spent for adverts. We're getting visitors but no sales, they either drop off after their first page or second. 

So what do you guys think? Lay out, trust factor, products? Anything?

Thanks for the feedback and appreciate your time! Please be brutally honest!

https://shoppricedtosell.com/

0 Likes

Quality over quantity ? 

Hi @JD99 

Going through some of your products it feels like a mixed bag with the descriptions. Some are good , bad and have non at all.

My first website had 8,000 products and ranked on google page #1 and mostly result #1 for over 1,000 searches but that didn't happen overnight it took 2 years.  

I feel like you need to work on say 24 products. Build out awesome descriptions that will work with google then add more products. Its more of a slow grind. Having hundreds of products is a massive task to do this to all of them correctly. 

Product Page: I'd add the below also

• Testimonials or Reviews 
  • Sticky Add to cart bar 
  • Product Tabs (Shipping & Refund) this way you don't have to write this information on each product and can easily change it anytime

Google: Can take time but rewards websites that put all the effort into each task. I personally wouldn't 100% focus on google for views/sales. Plenty of other free organic methods to drive traffic to your website. 

Hope that helps 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

10,000 Reasons To Get A FREE Website Review HERE

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you for taking the time to write out your feedback. 

I added an app that has access to a sticky bar, will set that up, thanks for that feedback as well. And will look into the product tabs.

Yes it is a slow grind. I'm finding it difficult to understand how I would be able to write in reviews or import reviews from google. How is a store supposed to have reviews when either the customers decide not write in a review or there minimal sales?

I'll look into other avenues other than google to get the views. I tried to submit my sitemap to Bing but they gave me a 404 error, apparently the robots.txt blocked the crawl. I'll contact shopify support for that.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
442 19 51

You need to reorganize your store on the home page. Get the slider images of the best products in the first fold. and make sure you have "Call To Action" in it.

It will draw the immediate attention of buyers. 

The home page should be visually pleasing and must attract appropriate and potential visitors to your site. In order to capture the immense attention of your visitors, try to add some of these following points in your homepage-
Slideshow Image
Collection List
Something Interesting ( maybe little about your story with a link to about page )
Newsletter Sign Up
Popular Products ( 4-8 Max )
You can add a slider of images and add featured products to it. Also, you can add video for top-selling products to make it more creative and interactive.

I would suggest you go for Facebook ads instead of google. Before spending your money on FB ads and Instagram ads you need to make sure your store is ready to capture and engage them. If not then you may end up losing all your money. What I want to say is you need to focus on customer engagement and retention before investing in ads. You must add customer engagement tools Web push notification, Email Marketing, Loyalty Rewards, Reviews, Pop-ups, Announcement Bar and other advanced features like Workflow Automation, Customer Timeline, and Ai Predictions. Try using Aitrillion it has everything orchestrated under one umbrella.

It’s good to display testimonials on the homepage and add Q&A to establish authority and influence visitors with user-generated content. Turn your customer content into sales by collecting and leveraging reviews, ratings, and Q&A. You can have a review button on the homepage which makes it easier for customers to review and go through them. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like visiting your store, signing up, follow or share on social media, allowing for push notifications, reviews and many more. This will entice your customers and help you to get more email subscribers, push subscribers, collect more reviews. They will come again to your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points which will double the sales. This is how you can increase conversions and sales.

Want to maximize your engagement and sales?
Visit AiTrillion.com
0 Likes

Dear JD99,

Congratulation for your store. We have gone through your store and hope the following suggestion will help you.

1. Optimize your page loading speed for specifically for Mobile

2. Add some real customer reviews either text or video

3. You have to optimize your store as per SEO

4. You have missed lots of feature in Product page (Please check: https://www.mswebdesigner.com/pages/product-page-1)

5. Add blog section to your store

There are other areas you need to work

Need more experts tips? Please find experts here: https://www.mswebdesigner.com/products/get-expert-guidance

Thanks & Regards

MS Web Designer

Official Shopify Experts & Partner

20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
10*/10 Shopify Services Marketplace
E-mail: hello@mswebdesigner.com
Shopify Marketplace: https://experts.shopify.com/ms-webservices
0 Likes

@JD99 wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to write out your feedback. 

I added an app that has access to a sticky bar, will set that up, thanks for that feedback as well. And will look into the product tabs.

Yes it is a slow grind. I'm finding it difficult to understand how I would be able to write in reviews or import reviews from google. How is a store supposed to have reviews when either the customers decide not write in a review or there minimal sales?

I'll look into other avenues other than google to get the views. I tried to submit my sitemap to Bing but they gave me a 404 error, apparently the robots.txt blocked the crawl. I'll contact shopify support for that.

Thanks again.

No dramas at all. If you want some more help reach out HERE. As for the Sticky bar that's great. There is a easy way to add sticky bar , product tabs etc all in one. Let me know if interested. 

If you don't have reviews I'd add testimonial bar. Try to get three testimonials. It will look much better than nothing at all. 

As for google and bing. Maggie a shopify partner specializes in this. I'll tag here @Rockpapercopy 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

10,000 Reasons To Get A FREE Website Review HERE

1 Like
Astronaut
769 48 175

Hey Shoppricedtosell, 

I have reviewed your store and the first impression of the store is good but I can confront you to some of the things in a very simple way, it will help you in improving UI and overall functionalities to become more user-friendly and eventually leads to sales.

1. Further to increase your average order value you can add another section of Frequently Bought/Clicked/Trending/Bestselling products on your home page
  2. For some sales at the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.

3.  Add some more social media links on the site footer. 
  4. Also, You have ample of products and a visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also, your search page is a bit off and empty https://shoppricedtosell.com/search?type=product&q= Don't you think if suggestions are offered to the searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
  5. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
    I hope my feedback will help you convert visitors into customers.
    Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes

Thanks for the mention 

✅ Get FREE website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

0 Likes