Department Discount Store

Bigliquidation
Tourist
5 0 1

Please check out our new site that has 700 followers in a week or so but sales are slow.

how can we promote a store like ours? We currently sell 190 different items and they change weekly.

HELP appreciated

thanks

0 Likes

What is the link to the store?

“A big business starts small.”
-Richard Branson
0 Likes
Bigliquidation
Tourist
5 0 1
www.bigliquidation.ca

Bigliquidation on Instagram

0 Likes

I'm no Shopify expert, but my feedback as a potential customer would be to add more information about your business. An about us page would do a lot to give confidence that I would receive what I am placing an order for. Adding photos of your physical location would be of help as well. Are you able to post actual images of the products you're looking to liquidate? Everything looks to be a stock product photo.

“A big business starts small.”
-Richard Branson
0 Likes

Hi @Bigliquidation,

My name is Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Free Page Builder. And I would like to have some feedback on your store:

The header: you can make the header become sticky to keep it visible to customers. They will navigate through your sites easier, with scroll up every time to find the main menu. You should show the full search bar with an input field, instead of just an icon on the header.

RichardNguyen_0-1609128693389.png

Homepage

The banner: you made a banner with just 1 slide on the Homepage. Please consider adding more slides to this banner. You will also need to add more attractive headings, deals and information to convince customers to click on the CTA. 

Not only the banner, you should add more CTAs to some sections on your store. 

RichardNguyen_1-1609128693576.png

RichardNguyen_2-1609128693593.png

The product lists: You can consider adding more buttons like Add-to-Cart or Buy Now to make the purchasement on your site easier. Using the second product image for the  hover effect of the product image can show more information and view of the product. 

Featured products: this section can help you boost the flagship product. Showing the product detail on the Homepage with CTAs can shorten the customers’ journey of the flagship.

Product page

Product images: most of the product images on your store are stock photos. You should improve the quality of the product images by taking those photos by yourself, which is also useful to boost your store credibility.

RichardNguyen_3-1609128693541.png

Videos: a video review should be very useful for technology products. It can provide more information than any type of media. You should add at least one review video to your product page to give customers as much information as possible.

Since your products are tech products. You will need to show more information about Refund, Warranty and Shipping policies on the product page. Many customers will need that information to confirm the credibility of your store. If customers can't find those sections on the product page, they will skip your store or leave the product page to another page to find the information.

That is some of my feedback; I hope they could help you improve your store. If you agree please Like or mark solution.

Cheer!

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

Want To Strive The Coolest E-commerce Knowledge? Explore Our FREE Video Resources.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3733 214 663

Hello @Bigliquidation, here are some suggestions that you can work on:

- You should categorize the products.

The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New/ trending/ recently viewed products- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.

To display new, trending, recently viewed products you can install AiTrillion and simply enable product recommendations.

- Improvise the product descriptions:

• Make sure you specify every detail of the product.
  • Showcase its features and benefits.
  • Use numbering and bulleting to make it easily scannable.
  • Use keywords to optimize your descriptions.
  • Use power words that entice customers.

- Add a reward program for giving points and let customers redeem on their next purchase.

- Add reviews on the product page. It helps in building trust with other visitors.

- Add web push notifications on your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1002 136 327

Hey @Bigliquidation,

With so many new items coming in weekly, I imagine it's hard to stay on top of organizing everything but it's something that needs to happen. Currently you have pages and pages of products - everything from shoes to tv's, massage tables, vacuums and etc. Visitors aren't going to take the time to sift through all of the pages to find what they are looking for. Definitely organize everything into categories and add search filters such as brand names and a search bar as well.

On your homepage, I would re-vamp that to display some of your biggest discounts on name brand products. I'd recommend taking a look at some successful liquidation websites to see what they are doing and follow suit.

My next recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. Again, with so many items and having them change over weekly, it's a lot of work but it will help with organic (free) traffic. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:

Finally, I think as far as promoting a store like yours, I would suggest being active on social media and posting your hottest deals. Perhaps even doing daily live videos showing what's new or the best deals and offering flash sales or giveaways within the lives to encourage viewer retention.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes
Bigliquidation
Tourist
5 0 1
How do we make a search bar that isnt the default mode?

Where do we make categories?
Should we do product categories or brand categories?

In a dept store/liquidation store items are usually by category like sports, toys, housewares, etc....
0 Likes