Design Feedback to increase conversions and decrease abandoned carts while increasing views

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

I would like to request feedback on my store.  I notice that there are several abandoned carts that I have to archive and few customers complete the checkout process.  The website is being updated every few days with new inventory.  I probably have over 10,000 pieces to add and I'm at around 1100 so far.

I understand that SEO is a huge part of my shop for Google results and eventually paid ads.  I am a very small work from home sole proprietor and not a multi-thousand / million dollar operation so I do have strict budgets with low profit margin on this particular shop.

Is there any feedback / advice that can be provided to help increase visibility and conversion rates?

www.blingmebaby2.com

Thanks so much!

Rebecca

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @blingmebaby,

Jewelry is a very saturated market and therefore very difficult to rank in search for. I will say, I like that you've chosen to stick to a $5 price point, this is will help set you apart in the market, however, I didn't know this about you until I visited your Facebook page. This is a great selling point so I would make sure to add that statement to your homepage.

The next thing is your navigation. Instead of having a "Catalog" link, I would replace that will a few links such as "Earrings" "Necklaces" etc.. you can keep the dropdowns under those categories but you want those links displayed front and center so that a first time visitor sees them right away.

blong-home.png

When I read that you have 10,000 pieces to add, I was shocked, that is a lot! I would recommend simplifying your inventory. I think the mistake people make in selling so many products is that they assume they will appeal to everyone, but unfortunately it has the opposite effect. After weeks and months of plenty of traffic but no sales, store owners are left discouraged and frustrated. Instead of adding all of the jewelry you have, find out what is currently trending and focus on that instead. You could niche down to set yourself apart even further ie. "$5 jewelry for women 50+" If you decide to run ads in the future, it will make your ad spend go so much further because you have a target audience in mind.

My next recommendation is going to take some work but it is absolutely essential, and that is spending some time working on your SEO. This is how people find you in Google.

When I take a look at your product SEO, this is what I see and this is how it would show up in search results or social media shares:

bling-meta.png

By default, Shopify will take your product title and the description and add that into your SEO. The issue here is that a person searching for your type of products wouldn't type "Paparazi Epic Epicenter White Clip-On Earrings" into Google, they would type "rhinestone clip on earrings" or "diamond clip on earrings". We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience:

If you have any questions, you can contact us using the information in our signature. We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

Best of luck!

FREE CHRISTMAS GRAPHICS FOR YOUR STORE
Store Banners & Pop-ups!
8 Store Banners • 8 Store Pop-Up Graphics • Percentage Off Variations Ranging from 20% - 75% off
Download for FREE!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1
This is a direct sales company so I am targeting customers looking for this
particular brand of jewelry. The jewelry turns pretty fast even to other
consultants. I sell a lot via Facebook Live but I am trying to expand
beyond Facebook to attract more customers. I want to get things correct
before spending money on paid ads. I have mirrored my website SEO to match
one of my largest competitors that has a successful shopify store that does
paid ads and her stuff always comes up when I am looking for
specific pieces for images etc. In running an SEO report, I actually score
a tad higher than she does but she has had her shop longer and I know that
it takes time for me to advance in the google rankings.

We cannot sell on Amazon, eBay, Marketplace, Craigslist etc. We can
however have our own storefront. This is costume jewelry made by Paparazzi
Accessories and we are required to follow their marketing guidelines to
stay in compliance with their policies and procedures. Failure to do so
can result in them cancelling my business with them so that is where things
get a little tricky.

My welcome message does state the jewelry is $5 but maybe a graphic would
help emphasize that? I know I need help with SEO and will be happy to take
a look at your video!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Oh!  I am watching your video and I'm at the editing website SEO.  I gotcha!  I am a visual learner so this makes much more sense and I do have updating the navigation on my list of things to do so I will get that done next since you picked up on it right away and I will work on fixing the SEO on each individual product.  I'm still watching the rest of the video but that is a huge first start so thank you!

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1467 74 248

Hello @blingmebaby, I hope you are doing well! Ads will definitely help you get a good amount of traffic in the short term. Here are a few ways you can decrease the abandoned cart rates and engage by enhancing their browsing experience:

• Make your store professional & attractive enough to enhance the shopping experience of the customers. Having an attractive store grab's the attention of visitors and they tend to stay on the site for a longer period. 
  • To reduce the abandoned cart you can definitely start notifying your customers when they abandoned your cart. This can be done in many ways. You can send them an abandoned cart push notification or an abandoned cart email. This will reduce your cart abandonment. Not only this you can also start rewarding your customers with loyalty points when they come back to recover the abandoned cart.
  • Enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.
  • Add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It can be sent even when customers are not in your store and bring back the losing customer to your store. You can also send an abandoned cart push notification, it helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate. 

These strategies will help you to convert your traffic into paying customers and will reduce the bounce rate.

Hope this helps!

If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.

We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
377 29 118

Hello @blingmebaby,

I've taken a look at your store and found there are quite a few things which if added can make better conversions.

1. Your store's header menu is not looking professional. Try to add all menu items in one line.
2. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
3. Don't add too many products to the Home page.
4. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
5. Add Contact Us page for better customer interaction.
6. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
7. A FAQ would be useful!
8. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
9. Add Buy Now button which will simplify the purchasing process for consumers, improving their customer experience.
10. Add About Us page which is a reflection of the purpose and personality of the business.
11. Add a section for email Newsletter in the footer to give updates pertaining to your business, products, and services.
12. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.

Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!
Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

@MansionEcom 

1. Your store's header menu is not looking professional. Try to add all menu items in one line.

I just redid my store header menu based off of ECOMGEEK's recommendations so now there is two different views on how my header menu looks and I spent a LOT of time last night re-doing my menu so....  which way is better?  I had a catalog menu with a drop-down and was told that wasn't the right way so now I am confused.  

@EcomGeeks  What say you of the new header design?

2. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.

I will work on this later.  Need to fix other things first.

3. Don't add too many products to the Home page.

This is to vague.  Can you please be more specific?

4. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.

I have no customers so adding a review section at this time is pointless.  Also, would require me to change my template again and I just did that.  I will consider changing again but at this point all the reviews will be blank.

5. Add Contact Us page for better customer interaction.

Contact Us info is in the footer.  Trying to reduce header menu items.

6. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.

I will research this

7. A FAQ would be useful!

I can work on this as well

8. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.

I am not allowed to offer discounts or limited time offers with this product.

9. Add Buy Now button which will simplify the purchasing process for consumers, improving their customer experience.

What do you mean "buy now" button?  They can add to cart and check out.

10. Add About Us page which is a reflection of the purpose and personality of the business.

I thought I had one but I will look.  Maybe I started putting it together and never published it.

11. Add a section for email Newsletter in the footer to give updates pertaining to your business, products, and services.

I do not offer an email newsletter.  I work full time and have 3 businesses.  I don't have time to do an email newsletter "yet".

12. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.

I'm working on this.

Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

@AiTrillion 

• Make your store professional & attractive enough to enhance the shopping experience of the customers. Having an attractive store grab's the attention of visitors and they tend to stay on the site for a longer period. 

This is vague.  Can you be more specific?

• To reduce the abandoned cart you can definitely start notifying your customers when they abandoned your cart. This can be done in many ways. You can send them an abandoned cart push notification or an abandoned cart email. This will reduce your cart abandonment. Not only this you can also start rewarding your customers with loyalty points when they come back to recover the abandoned cart.

My template has an abandoned cart notification system.

• Enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

Not sure what this means.  Emails are sent for abandoned carts by Shopify.  The rest I'm confused about.

• Add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It can be sent even when customers are not in your store and bring back the losing customer to your store. You can also send an abandoned cart push notification, it helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate. 

What is this?  Can you explain?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

@EcomGeeks 

I redid the header menu per my interpretation of your recommendations and I fixed the SEO for all the items in the "Blockbusters" category based on the video.  Can you take another look to see if this is better before I continue on with the other 1100 items?!  

Thanks so much!

https://blingmebaby2.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @blingmebaby,

Great work! I can see you've put a lot of effort in, well done.

I know you've spent a lot of time on your navigation menu but I would pare down your links a little further. Once it starts moving onto a second line, there's too much. I'd remove "Search", I'd move your "Returns and Refunds" as well as your "Shipping Policy" link and move those to the footer portion of your website. I would only put Bracelets, Earrings, Hairbows, Necklaces and Rings in that menu. I would find another place to link to your exclusive products.

blingme-nav.pngAs for your SEO, when I originally posted, I assumed you were trying to reach the general public (people unfamiliar with Paparazzi). However I've gone through your responses and read that "This is a direct sales company so I am targeting customers looking for this particular brand of jewelry." so I think you are on the right track with what you are doing, you have your target audience in mind and you have included the word Paparazzi in your products.

Best of luck to you Rebecca!

FREE CHRISTMAS GRAPHICS FOR YOUR STORE
Store Banners & Pop-ups!
8 Store Banners • 8 Store Pop-Up Graphics • Percentage Off Variations Ranging from 20% - 75% off
Download for FREE!
0 Likes