Discount Decimal Point missing

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi there, I apply auto-discount of 10% for a specific collection. Discount code is "COFFEE" If the customer clicks "add to cart" he sees: IMPRESSA Coffee - 250g 1 × SGD 13.00 SGD 11.70 COFFEE (-130) "COFFEE (-130)" should show "COFFEE (-1.30)" -> The decimal point is missing. During check-out it shows then correctly Please help on that Albert
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
326 45 57

Hey there, @AlbertBirbaumer!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I'd love to see how I may be of assistance today in adjusting the appearance of your automatic discount on the Cart page. Are you able to provide your shop's URL or a screenshot of this behaviour?

Issues like this are often a result of some code on your theme or the use of a third-party app that interacts with your cart's code. When did you notice this issue began? Have you recently made any coding customizations or installed any cart-related apps? Are you using a Shopify-developed free theme or a third-party theme? 

If you think you have an idea of an app that may be causing this, you can reach out to the app developer for support. If you're not sure where the issue is stemming from you'll need to contact your theme developer to see if they can review your shop's code to locate the root of this for you. Shopify-developed themes are supported by us, so if you're using one of our themes please let me know and I can take a look at your account to see if you're eligible for Theme Support. For a third-party theme, you'll need to speak with that theme's developer directly.

If it is an app that's causing this, your theme's developer should be able to determine which one, which will then allow you to get in touch with the app developer. If this is a result of a code customization, the developer may be able to assist you with adjusting the code - but if not, you can always hire an Expert to help! 

I hope this offers you some direction. Once again, if you're using a Shopify-developed theme please let me know so I can proceed with sending you an email to authenticate your store. Likewise, if you have any other questions or require further clarification you can reply to this post and I'd love to see how I can assist.

Cheers. 

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi Rider, Thanks for the reply. I am using Empire Theme from Pixel Union I never noticed this problem the last 3 years we have been using this theme - a customer noticed it today only I am not able to judge if it is a Theme issue. What do you think? Albert
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
326 45 57

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for clarifying which theme you're using, @AlbertBirbaumer. In that case, I recommend reaching out to Pixel Union by selecting 'Theme Support' in the Please choose your issue below field of their Contact page.

26-27-jeupu-qoegh

You'll then be prompted to fill out some other fields. If you have any questions, Pixel Union has support documentation on how to submit a support request here. You can describe the issue you're experiencing, and provide any screenshots or screen recordings that might help their developers to understand the wonky behaviour of your theme. Specifically, I suggest including a screenshot of the automatic discount details from the Discount Page in the Admin, as well as where on your storefront they can find the decimal missing.

The Pixel Union Support Team will then likely request to access your store through a collaborator account. In this case, you should receive an email and see a notification in your Admin Home to review the request, where you'll be able to accept it.

Email notification

26-37-pznch-tfsu4

Admin Home notificaiton 

26-38-yr47z-i9h0n

They can start taking a look at your theme's code to see if they can determine the root of this issue. If it's an app, they may be able to notify you of which one, at which point you can contact the app's developer for further support. I hope this helps! If you have any other questions or are unsure what to do after speaking with Pixel Union, feel free to reach back out and we can look at moving our conversation over to email to see how else we might be able to help.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like