Displaying Price Per Kg on my online shop

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi,

I am currently running a frozen seafood business and I am trying to set up an online shop with shopify using the Debut theme. There are a few things that are missing and I am hoping there is a way to solve my issues. While I am aware that I could change the variant to Weight and display the weight of an item, I was hoping there is a Price Per Kg field that I could enter and have it displayed on the online shop for my customers to view.  At the same time, by using the Price Per Kg field, I was thinking if it is possible to use it to calculate the price of my items based on the items' weight so that I don't need to enter every prices of every different weight of an item. Meaning, for example, by entering the Price Per Kg and the weight of Fish A, I can have the price of that item auto calculated in my inventory.

I was looking through some apps like Advanced Product Option and others but it doesn't seem like it has what I am looking for. I also realised that you can make certain changes by editing the code but I have no knowledge on programming.

I would really appreciate it if someone has any ideas on how I could solve this problem. Thank you.

Kevin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
295 20 48

Hi, @kevinf

This isn't currently a supported customization, however you can try following the instructions mentioned in this post. With that being said, this will require some custom coding so I'd suggest reaching out to one of our Shopify Experts to implement that for you. Hope this helps! 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Kevin

Personally I don't think Debut is the best free theme for you. Here is some articles and reviews I did of a great free theme and some handy apps. 

https://www.inspiresmallbusiness.com/blogs/shopify

Keep up the good work and I really open this all works out for you. Ever want to bounce any ideas of me reach out. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Brie,

I have actually read that post. I will look into reaching out for the Shopify Experts. Thank you for your reply.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Clayton,

I will have a look at the articles you have suggested. Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted

@kevinf wrote:

Hi Clayton,

I will have a look at the articles you have suggested. Thank you.

Hey Mate 

Awesome hope you like them. Apologies for the delay I've had a lot of projects on over the last couple of weeks 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Kevin,

Do you have  a solution for your issue with price per kg? I have the same issue (I sell meat) and I have exactly the same problem. How did you fixed this?

Rgrds,

Kevin (it's maybe the name? ;-))

0 Likes