Hi, I recently Launched my business. My sales were pretty high the first two weeks but now they're down. However my sessions are really high? Can someone give me some feedback on my store? And if you have any advice on how to turn sessions in to sales that would help too.
SimplyAutumn.net & thank You!
Solved! Go to the solution
I really like the marketing activities in your website, from the "Spin for discounts" to "What products works best for me", I think these are really attractive and interesting ways to engage with your website visitors. Furthermore, your website design and products looks very appealing to, I think you have done a really good job!
Shopify app store is filled with varieties of application that could help you enhance on your business. Aside from customer testimonials, I would suggest you to add product review using apps such as LOOX. It does not just collect review but also remind customer to post a picture of them using your product, result after using your product, etc. This encourages social proof and is a good way to help keep you customers on your site instead of going to other sites to look at the review of your product.
Aside from that, as you said you succeed driving an amount of sales and traffic into the website hence it's time for you to set retargeting campaigns to re-engage with your potential and current customers. Retargeting campaigns are used to remind customers of the products they are interested in or were put into the cart but did not purchase with very kinds of creatives. You can start by installing the Ako Retargeting app on the Shopify app store. Ako Retargeting is a cost-efficient tool that could help your business increase awareness and conversion. The app helps you get your potential customers back to your website by delivering the most relevant product information to them at the right time, right impression and right cost. You can learn about this Ako Retargeting here: https://medium.com/@akohubteam/what-is-ako-retargeting-c43bda83143b.
Hope this will help your business!
Hi @AutumnShantae !
Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!
1. If your website is credible, you’ll be able to generate more site traffic.
One of the best ways to gain credibility is to leverage your relationships with influencers. You can approach this tactic in many different ways.
If you have the means, you can use celebrities to promote your brand.
That’s because these people are already known and trusted. Working with a celebrity shows your brand is legitimate. The problem is it’s obvious to consumers these celebrities are getting paid to pitch your products or services. As an alternative solution, you can use micro-influencers. One of the top reasons why I’m an advocate for using micro-influencers is because they have high engagement rates with their followers.
2. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
3. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
4. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.
5. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
6. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
7. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
8. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
9. Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
I've taken a look at your store. The design is very professional and well done. There are quite a few things which if added can make better conversions.
1. The favicon of your store is not visible.
2. Move CUSTOMER REVIEWS below the product description.
3. Add correct social media accounts in the footer
4. A FAQ would be useful!
5. Try to maintain the same image size while listing all products.
6. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
7. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
8. Create a Facebook account for your store. Having a Facebook Store is a great way to grow your business, allowing you to tap into new audiences and gain more customers.
Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.
Hope this was helpful!
Hi @AutumnShantae ,
I just reviewed your website. Its amazing! I have noticed a few things that you might consider taking to make your store better.
Sticky Header: You can create a sticky header. Sticky header is something that remains fixed to the top of the website, and is visible even when you scroll down. It gives a better navigation experience to the user.
Social Login: Implement social login. It is a single sign-on for end users. By using this user can sign in on a website instead of creating a new account. This simplifies registrations and logins for end users.
Speed - To increase visitors and sales you need to work on your website performance’s speed as I am seeing it is very low, 36%. It should be above 60%. Also, you need to optimize website images. It will improve the user experience. Fast page load time will also boost the website’s crawl rate.
Homepage: Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. I like your homepage design it has everything at its place. You can try including trust indicator on homepage.
Product Page: Product page formatting could be more organized. It should be nicely spaced so that buyers find it visually appealing. You can display the extended details using tabs rather than a chunk of text. Think about how you can concisely convey and highlight the most important information.
Add write a review section - This is a great way to win customer trust by providing them authentic reviews of the product so add ‘write a review section’ on your website and display it with the aggregate rating.
Put Effort Into Online Reviews & Social Proof: Social media Makes your visible and it expands conversion such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram are great platforms for marketing and connecting with customers.
I hope my feedback will help you!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!
This is an accepted solution.
Hey there, @AutumnShantae!
Welcome to Shopify! Congrats on your launch and also early success. It’s frustrating though to see your sessions high but sales now low.
Let’s talk about your traffic first. Do you have paid campaigns running? If so, I would suggest taking a look at your traffic from those campaigns. If you use a heatmap (to see where people click) and/or session recordings (to watch what happened during a visit), you should be able to filter down to campaign-specific data or at least source-specific data.
Using visitor behavior from those specific campaigns/sources will help you evaluate if you’re targeting the right audience or not.
Now, for your website.
Let’s start on the first impression. If someone is a first-time visitor, they get inundated with pop-ups:
If you use session recordings, I would check to see how people respond to these. Do they click out of one and then leave? Do they not even mess with it? Do they click out of both and keep browsing?
Moving on to your homepage:
For reference, I’m on the Restorative Mask page.
You really have a great store here. If you continue to have a lot of visits with few sales, I would use visitor behavior to understand why. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card required) and plans that start at US $10/month.
I hope this helps! Good luck!
Cheers - Danny
Right now I can only point out things I see, but it literally could be anything and it doesn't necessarily have to be with the design of your website.
In fact, I quite like your website. It's designed very well, and there are custom images and descriptions. I went through the purchase steps, without buying anything and it works well. There are however a few improvements to make that all relate to building more trust.
One thing to try is to add product reviews. You can incentivize customers with post-purchase discount codes if they fill out a review. This brings them back to make another purchase and helps other site visitors trust the product more. I really like your hero image, however, I noticed that the products that appear in it are not available for purchase. This could lead to some confusion for visitors.
My advice is to start tracking your data and then make the changes and see if it impacts your metrics. You need to look at it from different perspectives, not just conversion rate, but bounce rate, time on page, cart abandonment rate, and product detail view rate at the minimum to understand what can be improved. We could look at where the traffic comes from and why.
If you would like, I can provide a free analytics consultation which involves:
If you are interested in working with me and getting some consultation just send me your email in a private message and we can work together more efficiently via email.
If you have any questions, I'm open to being fully transparent. I'm really just looking for some positive reviews for my app.