Does my store look ok to potential customers

Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi, I've had some success with my store, 5 sales to unknown customers and the rest of my sales friends and family. Is it my store that's off putting? Ive got honest feedback regarding reviews. What else can I do to get potential customers to splash the cash. I've had my store open since November 2019. My store is http://myhiddengem.co.uk . Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey Neil1977,

Great job on getting it this far and launching.  The branding, and aesthetics make for an easy to read on the eyes when scrolling through the pages. 

I have listed some  feedback that came to my attention when reviewing your website..

Menu / Footer  Based on the color scheme you have a bright website but the side menu seems very dark with the top portion being hard to read and the lower menu even harder to read since the font is smaller and lighter.  To make this more U/I friendly and consistent I would:

Sidebar Menu: Make the links all consistent with size / color. Also some letter spacing to make text easier to read with the current font-family.

Menu: The logo is taking important pixel real estate which can be used to grab the users interest. I would would make the overall size smaller. 

Homepage: Very simple page that is just selling. I would make the user experience more interactive. A slider / video / Some company branding?  I would recommend creating more content.

Collections Page:  If you can make the images take the whole space that would look more appealing or even remove the grey background when the image doesn’t take the space.

Product Page: Product Images I would set to scroll so I don’t need to scroll so as much down.

Overall I would say to make some minor tweaks your website the  U/I experience will Increase. 

I hope this feedback helps you.

LMPTechSolutions.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Hey Myhiddengem,

The logo is quite large, which looks quite awkward. Other areas to work on are as follows:

1. The white space on the header looks quite odd.
  2. Discounted items should be kept under a seperate sales section.
  3. A  central banner should be added for a better site look.
  4. Newsletter occupies a lot of space which looks awkward.
  5. Instagram images should be added for better brand promotion.
  6. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  7. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Hope your store gets more sales in the days to come.

Neha;)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes