Does our Search function work?

Highlighted
Excursionist
27 0 0

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to get some feedback and a review on our search facility on our website https://www.candles2go.com.au

Any feedback on whether you think the look and feel are conducive to more sales, but more importantly if you think is it working well.

We have been trying to get this right for some time, your assistance would be much appreciated!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Overall the search function works great and was a lot faster then I thought it was going to be. We had a toy client with a similar search function but it was painfully slow. I think their issue was that they were on a non-Shopify platform. It was easy to use the search bar as I tested out different brands and what they showed as a results page. The odd brand was a little slow but not something the average person would notice. 

I use to live in Melbourne, so it's great to see an Aussie brand asking for feedback. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your footer as it's super massive right now. A tweak on the layout could help cut it in half. Maybe use a double column for brands to help make that list look shorter

2. Your homepage has a lot going on and I'm not always sure where to look. I would use something like HotJar to see how people interact with your homepage and what they care about. A homepage with less content and product could be better for your brand

3. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Candle Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. I would put your Safe Checkout in the footer because you'll start to have issues with duplicate content

2. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1  image. Getting some product lifestyle images of candles in the home would be a great addition

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
27 0 0

WOW.. thats awesome mate.

Thanks for the concise and specific feedback.

I appreciate the review of the site overall in addition to the Search function which is great, importantly we have selected this specific one and style for speed, so great to hear you comment on that.

We are working towards 360degree photos for all of our products so also... great to hear you say this should increase trust.

Thanks again for your time and feedback.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1120 56 167

I've taken a look through your storefront and I have a few suggestions and some feedback that I would like to share with you, but let's start with all of the positives! My first thought when viewing your storefront is that it looks very clean. The white background and crisp bold font go nicely with your product images and make them stand out. There is a nice contrast on your homepage. Why don't you create a slider showcasing all your reviews on your home page?

With that said, it is likely going to be easier to assess what direction you may want to shift to if you had a bit more information on what your current marketing and social media efforts you have engaged in. How much traffic you are getting on your store, Is your store new?

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Excursionist
27 0 0

Thanks mate,

It's a bit of a labour of love for us here. Just a store based in Sydney and this is our second website for this business, the last was a completely custom Magento 1 install that we started the business on, this one I have built myself rather than spending thousands on developers.

Reasonable traffic for a small store, one of our biggest challenges is attracting new clients.  But we use automation, push notifications and customer journey flows to ensure we get the right information out to the right customer in our marketing and maximise each existing customer.

We haven't yet been able to get the right mix on socials, however we don't spend on there at all.

Thanks for the feedback though, our front page isn't reactive to our current campaigns and could most certainly be done better in that regard. Great note.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1120 56 167

I am glad that you liked my suggestions. I would further like to add - "Too many apps have made your store slow. Make sure you use some integrated apps." 

By making customers your priority, you can build a program that anticipates and exceeds their needs as soon as they join. By simply rewarding customers with discounts that shoppers will become more loyal to their business is entirely the wrong approach and will lead to customers walking away from your business. Instead, the focus should be on creating an emotional connection between your brand and your customers. Building this connection makes it more likely that they will visit your store again in the future. A great way to show your customers that you care is by offering birthday rewards. Make sure that they feel special and recognized for their membership. There are different ways you can use the loyalty and reward program. I would say It is a must to have.

Why don't you try Aitrilllion.com? It will help you to stimulate your customer's engagement & re-engage and retain them. AiTrillion is a single marketing platform that performs all the marketing functions efficiently. It has everything that an eCommerce store owner needs like Web push notification, Email Marketing, Loyalty Rewards, Reviews, Pop-ups, Announcement Bar and other advanced features like Workflow Automation, Customer Timeline and Ai Predictions orchestrated under one umbrella.

Other than burning a hole in your pocket by investing in many different apps you can start using an all in one marketing platform which will help you to grow and scale your business and take it to new heights. 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes