Downgrading shopify plan

masse
2 0 0

I have upgraded from basic to advanced today, but i want to go back to basic, i don't really need the upgraded plan, the basic is enough for me. 

I want to downgrade, and want to know if the difference in price between the 2 plans will be credited to my account or refunded or will it be burned? 

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
930 105 164

Hi @masse,

Hyde here from Shopify. Great question!

If you opt for the annual plan but decide, for whatever reason, that it is not the correct plan for you, then you can downgrade to a monthly plan. If you do so within 30 days, a pro-rated amount will be credited to your account.

The option is not available within your admin, meaning that you will need to reach out to our support. If you go to this page and click Contact Support you will be prompted to either login or continue without a store. Once you have selected an option you will be asked to ask about a topic. Search for your query and relevant help docs will populate as well as the option to proceed to live chat or email, where you can request that your account be moved to a monthly plan.

I hope that helps!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
masse
2 0 0

Thank you for your response.

I didn't downgrade from annual to monthly. I actually downgraded from Shopify plan ($79) to Shopify basic Plan ($29)

Does the same apply?

0 Likes