This is an accepted solution.
Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.
Congratulations on your store, you have done a great job! Have you had many sales or noticed many visitors? How are you driving traffic to your store? Are you advertising on social media or anywhere else?
The first thing I always look at when giving feedback on stores is the product descriptions. Anyone who is familiar with AliExpress or Oberlo will spot this right away and in doing so they will know that they can get the products cheaper elsewhere.
With online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products literally need to speak for themselves. Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format you should try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need this watch? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically.
Trust is the most valuable currency you can have on an online store. If a customer feels that they can trust a store they are much more likely to buy from it. Having the option to leave a review really helps build that trust with customers. Genuine, positive reviews will encourage customers to look at you as someone they can trust, someone who cares about their customers, and someone who is willing to go the extra mile for exceptional customer experience. Seeking out online reviews has become such a standard part of the buying process for people these days that every online retailer needs to be thinking about them. Here are some statistics for you to consider:
- 70% of customers consult reviews or ratings before making a final purchase. (PeopleClaim)
- 63% of consumers are more likely to purchase from a site if it has product ratings and reviews.
- 67% of consumers read 6 reviews or less before they feel they can trust a business enough to make a purchase. (MarketingProfs)
- As many as 79% of consumers trust product reviews as much as a personal recommendation.
I would recommend taking a look at Ali Reviews, this app will import the reviews for these products from AliExpress so your store looks more peer-reviewed.
I noticed that you don't have an About Us page! The About Us is probably the most underutilized marketing tool on Online Stores. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. It is the perfect place to highlight a number of objectives such as:
- Communicate the story of your business and why you started it.
- Describe the customers or the cause that your business serves.
- Explain your business model or how your products are made.
- Put a face to your business, featuring the founders, or, the people on your team.
- Incorporate persuasive content (e.g. an explainer video, data visualizations, links to blog posts) that might otherwise clutter your homepage.
In short, your online store displays your products brilliantly, your "About Us" page should be telling your customer why they should buy from you. Please do take a look at our guide on writing a compelling About Us page here.
It is great that you have your Facebook listed on your profile, however, I would recommend that you make sure the Shop tab is activated on your Facebook page. As the link to your Facebook in the footer isn't working at the moment. You will need to make sure that there are no errors on the Facebook Account page in Shopify, your Facebook page is published, and your Facebook page is using the Shopping template. You might also need to enable the Shop section on Facebook.
Marketing is the most important part of an online store once the groundwork has been done. I know it can be confusing, especially if you're new to selling. You might think that marketing is too complicated or expensive to work for your business. Either way, making a marketing plan is crucial for your business to succeed. You will probably use several tactics to attract and keep customers. Each of these tactics is a part of your marketing strategy, and your marketing plan outlines how and when you use them. Your marketing plan helps you make decisions about who you are trying to reach, what you want to say, and how to get the word out. Understanding your marketing goals can make it easier for you to find the marketing tactics that are right for your store in different parts of your selling cycle. We have put this guide together for merchants to help make marketing easier, check it out here and let me know if you have any questions at all.
One last thing I noticed is you haven't added your Favicon. This helps your store stand out when a customer has a number of tabs open in their browser, it should be unique to your brand to further strengthen its image, while also helping to make the store look a lot more trustworthy. You can add your Favicon by going to your Theme Editor > Theme Settings > Favicon, like so:
You can also check out our own logo creator Hatchful - While there are some really awesome logos for free, for a small fee of $9.99 you can create a very simple, modern logo that will really drive home the message of your brand. As part of the package, regardless of the logo you go with or the price you pay, you'll receive: A high-resolution logo with unlimited revisions, a Favicon, Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Pinterest/YouTube/Linked-In cover or banner photos, profile photos, with two variations of each!
Don't forget we also have a Shopify Academy that features short free courses on various topics like 'SEO Training for Beginners' and 'Grow your Business with Instagram', these have helped our merchants massively and give some excellent tips and tricks. You can enrol at any time here.
I hope this helps, let me know how it goes and let me know if you have any further questions at all. I am happy to help in any way that I can!
Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution
This is an accepted solution.
Your store has a nice color scheme and nice products. However, there're a few things you can improve to make your store even better:
- Add favicon: Your store seems to miss the favicon, which would be very likely to increase your brand recognition. Here's how you can update it: Adding a favicon to your store. (Best thing: it's free!)
- Resize your logo: It's currently too big. When visitors first come to your home page, they can't even see any product, so you miss your very first chance to impress them.
- Shorten your navigation: some collections like bracelets, necklaces, jewelry sets, earings can be grouped together as Jewelry. It's quite uncommon to have such a long navigation menu, but I think you must have a reason behind it. Let me know :D
- Your current home page looks like a normal collection page, which I think it's a waste. Why don't you impress your visitors with your best sellers/new arrivals/etc... just select a few of the best. You can use a hero banner to tell your visitors that a sale campaign is going on, add a button to redirect your visitors to your sale collection, for example.
- I would suggest you include trust badges, testimonials and social proofs to your store to make it look more reliable for customers, making them feel safe to buy from you.
- Also your products are so Instagram-friendly, do you have any Instagram account for your store? I think it could bring you a lot of engagements and you can showcase your products there too.
That's it, I hope it will help you to convert new visitors to sales shortly. Have a nice day!