Email funnel based sales - Please help!

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

We are pre-launch for our product; Our website is used to collect emails www.goally.co. We have an email funnel that we take most of the users through over a 3 to 4 weeks and in the last email, we show them the product page - like this one. https://goally.co/products/2  

We see that the open rates for emails and click-through rates are fairly normal when compared to what we see posted online. Our convert to purchase numbers are fairly dismal now and are looking for ideas from the forum on why this could be the case.  There are two problems here

1. Add to cart numbers are fairly low now - around 1.5%

2. Our abandoned cart rates are also very high; right now only 10% of the add to carts are getting converted to actual purchases.

Any ideas on how to improve one or both or our overall approach etc are all greatly appreciated,

Thank you,

Sasi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
427 29 63

Hi, Sasi. My name is Tira and I am a Shopify Guru ready to help.

That's great to see the clickthrough rates on your emails are doing well. I appreciate you reaching out to the community to ask for feedback. It can take some time to figure out how to get customers to complete the checkout stage, and I'm here to provide you with some tips and resources to help you get there!

Here are my suggestions:

1) I noticed that there are a lot of call to action buttons that say "Try Now". From a customer's perspective, this would mean that the customer could trial the product. However, when the button is clicked and takes the customer to the product's page, all the pricing is given but there is no mention of actually trying the product with a trial period. This might be driving customers away because they had expected to try the app before buying, when they clicked on the button link. I suggest changing the call-to-action button to "Buy Now" or "Learn More", or to something that matches what the customer can expect when they get to the product's page. Are they going to buy the product as soon as they are taken to the product page? Or can they try the product out? This messaging needs to be clear to gain the trust of the customer.

If there is only one product being promoted, I would recommend only having one call-to-action button on your homepage.

2) When I looked at the product that you're selling, I like how you list out the features included in the app. However, it isn't clear to the customer what the app does, unless they head to your storefront's footer and check out your "About Us" page and "FAQs" to learn more. To make it easier for the customer's experience, I recommend adding some personable copywriting to the product description, so that your customers can understand more about the *why* of the product and the benefits of purchasing your product.

I recommend checking out some of our copywriting articles:

9 Ways to Write Product Descriptions that Sell

How Can I Share All My Product Details Without Being Too Wordy?

Are These 6 Ecommerce Copywriting Mistakes Costing You Sales?

We also have some other copywriting articles you can check out here.

3) I suggest moving the "About Us" menu item from your footer to the main menu at the top of your page. To do this, from your Shopify admin, you can go into Navigation > Main Menu > Create Menu Item to create the link to your "About Us" page, and then you can go back into the Navigation settings and into your Footer Menu to delete the "About Us" from the bottom of the page. It may also be a good idea to add your FAQs to the top of your page as well. Moving these items will make it much easier for your customers to learn about your value proposition for your store and will give them more confidence in trusting your brand and purchasing from your store. We cover the anatomy of a value proposition, questions to consider and some examples here: Value Propositions: What They Are and How to Create Them (with Examples).

4) If you go into Orders > Abandoned checkouts in your Shopify admin, you'll be able to see all the abandoned carts. You can send out emails to these customers to help remind them that they have items in their cart, ready for purchase. If you go into Settings > Checkout > Abandoned checkouts, you’ll be able to adjust the timing of when emails are sent out (after an hour, 6 hours, etc.). We have a step-by-step guide here. Many merchants also take this opportunity to provide incentives for purchasing within a certain time frame (ie. 5% off your first month if you checkout before the end of the day, etc.).

Here's some great resources to check out to help you with abandoned carts and customer retention:

Abandoned Checkout Help Doc (How to send manual or automatic checkout emails)

13 Amazing Abandoned Cart Emails (And What You Can Learn From Them)

How to Maximize Sales with a Successful Abandoned Checkout Email Strategy

I’m curious to see what the community can provide with their feedback on your store as well. Great work so far, I really like the look of your store!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes