Empire Theme - Trouble with Padding - Please Help!!!!!!

Alvarez8314
13 0 0

Website www.bezosbest.com

Theme: Empire

I need help with closing up this gap, on both mobile and pc.

I also need help with speeding this theme up. Currently at 49/100 speed rating.

new image.jpg

0 Likes
MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
2810 176 472

Dear Alvarez8314,

Please share your requirements at "Shopify Design" section for better solution

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1310 118 340

There are 2 ways you can remove those gaps:

Only those specific sections you highlighted:

#shopify-section-1607397371f0fb678f,
#shopify-section-160696700008b6e4f3,
#shopify-section-1607390167e6409179,
#shopify-section-1497982042455 {
	.custom-html--container {
		margin: 0 !important;
	}
}

Or, if you want to remove the margin on all elements with the .custom-html--container class, site-wide, you can do this:

.custom-html--container {
	margin: 0 !important;
}

If you're not familiar on how to find things like that, or where to put custom CSS, this guide will show you how: https://speedboostr.com/how-to-safely-edit-your-shopify-theme.

For your site speed, if you need help there run your site through the Shopify Analyzer. That's a free performance analysis tool my team built for the Shopify community. It will tell you what can and should be optimized on a Shopify site.

If you need help with any website edits or optimization, feel free to reach out to my team at speedboostr.com/contact.

Happy holidays!

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).
0 Likes
Alvarez8314
13 0 0

Thank you, I'm still having this issue. www.bezosbest.com - the padding is still there. Please help - thank you.

action steps.jpg

new image.jpg

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1310 118 340

It's not good to add custom CSS to your theme CSS file, but I believe the reason it's not working is because your theme file is using CSS rather than SCSS. SCSS is better both for readability when coding, and it auto minifies.

Look for the section "Do you have a custom CSS file?" in the guide I shared with you.

If you follow that, it will work.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).
0 Likes
Alvarez8314
13 0 0

Hi - here are the action steps I have taken so far. It didn't work unfortunately, I have included a screenshot of the current layout after changes on www.bezosbest.com - thank you.

1. theme liquid 2.jpg1. theme liquid.jpg

Here is what it looks like right now, it brought down the padding at the top but it shifted the video to the left and still have space issue at the bottom. Please help, thank you.

banner 1.jpg

0 Likes
Alvarez8314
13 0 0

Shopify Technical Support - Hello could you please provide an update?

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1310 118 340

You can further reduce the padding, and adjust the elements using the tactic I shared with you in that blog post guide.

What you do:

1) Inspect the elements, then tweak the CSS until it shows to your liking.

2) Copy those CSS styles you adjusted on the fly into your theme custom CSS file.

3) Save the file, preview, then publish if all looks good.

0 Likes