(FEEDBACK) Castle Cats Store (High traffic, low conversion)

Skaldh
3 0 0

Hey all!

On our store we sell merchandise based on our mobile game Castle Cats.

We have an average of 1500 visitors a day but have a low conversion rate. We market the game via Facebook (where we get most of our sales) and in our game (where we get most of our visitors from, around 60-70%). Returning customer rate is around 18% which I believe is OK. 

I need overall feedback on the store. Performance, layout, theme, flow, quality of images, products, price point, apps that we really need etc.

Most of our users are on mobile so if you focus on the mobile version that would be great.

Store name: www.castlecatsstore.com

We appreciate the feedback and I will give back to this community in any way I can! :)

Best regards

0 Likes
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

Hey Castle Cats Store,

A unique header template should be created for highlighting discounts/shipping offers if any. Apart from that, some other noticeable points to be considered for store improvement are as follows:

1. I would love to see an Account login/sign-in system, as it is a must for an ecommerce.
  2. Login, when added, should be placed beside the cart and search bar for a more structured header look.
  3. Testimonials and Instagram images need to be added for better brand promotion.
  4. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  5. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Hope the store receives an improved conversion rate in the days to come.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Aizada
Shopify Partner
385 34 156

Hi @Skaldh 

Looking at your site I came up with a cool idea! 

Since it is a store based on an online game I thought why not add gamification on your site as well? I am familiar with your game, and I was thinking you could give out different ranks depending on what activities visitors complete on the site. The ranks can be just like the ones that you have on your actual game. Let's say a person left a review, he/she will get points, placed an order -got corresponding points, and with certain amount of points ranks will be given. Clearly ranks will have more perks like free shipping or per cent off. All of that can be done within Rewards program of Growave. 

The app has 10 fully customizable marketing features in one. I think, besides Rewards program, you will enjoy Reviews, Wishlist, Instagram galleries and Social Login. To be honest, there are a lot of ways Growave can help your conversion rate, book a call here and I will gladly share those tips with you. https://calendly.com/growave

With that being said, here are some other notes I took while browsing your online store:

-the page loading speed on mobile version is 42/100. The issue is caused by excessive JS codes, heavy images and some other factors. I recommend using lazy load. 

-on mobile and desktop both I recommend using a fixed static scroll of navigation bar. Since you do have quite a lot of items on your store, you want to give your customers quick access to essential links. 

-I see that you are using email marketing apps. For them to be effective you need as many emails as possible. I recommend using Social Login for that and also offering discount for subscribing to newsletter. 

I think that is it for now. I will let you know if I notice anything else. 

Your store is great and there is an audience there that is interested in your products. With a little marketing effort you will reach you needed market. 

Looking forward to having a call with you:) 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
earth9
Explorer
109 3 9

Honestly, if you ask me I have tricks that can skyrocket your conversions on your store-

1. Why don't you try using Exit-intent pop-up- A good exit-intent pop-up helps to reduce retention rate and Abandon carts.
  2. Your prospect's attention span is short, so you have to be quick on the ball. You have got 3-5 secs to grab the attention of your visitors by clearly stating what you sell. Adding a carousel with your features products can help you to achieve that.
  3. The first fold of the website should always have a call to action in it -and here’s why; in most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions.
  4. Right apps can scale your business to new heights- Shopify has a plethora of apps to help increase sales and engagement.

By the way, I collect some articles which I think it's valued when I research conversion rate. If you want them, send an email to me. I'll send them to you. 

my email:songfei@trackingmore.org

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2427 141 439

Hey @Skaldh ,

1. Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when they are not on your store. It will also reduce the abandoned cart rate.

2. Add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers.

3. The first fold of the website should always have a call to action in it - and here’s why; in most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions.

4. Add smart pop-up. 

5. You can start giving Loyalty Points and Rewards to WOW your customers. This will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value by giving points and rewards that give customers more reasons to return to your store.

This will help you to increase conversions and sales. Also, will help you to retain your customers for the long run. 

If you would like to implement all these I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com It has all the features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is all in one Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes