FEEDBACK ON MY BOUTIQUE STORE PLZ

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0
Hi, I have an online women’s boutique. I sell ready to wear clothing. I am having a hard time getting and converting visitors to customers when they visit my store ... feedback on my store would be helpful. Visit www.sadeglamour.com Let me know what you think.
Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :)

Your store looks very authentic - I love the quality product images and you keep consistent with the style of the photos, which is excellent. Consider specifying your brand - you are in a highly saturated market, so make sure to target a specific customer type and define it in your store. Your Google snippet reads: "Women's Clothing Boutique" which makes difficult for Google to feature you in specific search results, which means your traffic is not relevant yet.

Make sure to specify the style of clothing you're offering, such as urban, glamorous, preppy etc. which is the first step. Then pick the keywords your target customer would use in Google when searching for your type of clothing and use them when optimizing your website.

For example with this product: https://sadeglamour.com/products/lep your product title is "cheetah girl dress". When I analyzed it in MOZ Pro tool it shows that there's not enough monthly search volume and this keyword has very high difficulty:

Screen Shot 2019-12-14 at 07.46.05.png

Also, this keyword attracts results of the stores selling girl costumes, meaning you'll be less likely to rank for this keyword in Google, selling ladies dress.

A much better keyword choice would be "cheetah print dress"

Screen Shot 2019-12-14 at 07.49.40.png

It has 851 - 1.7k monthly searches and has significant;y lower difficulty, meaning it would be easier to rank it at the top with this keyword. You can use it instead on this product page [title, image alt tag, description] to start ranking for it and drive more relevant traffic.

Your URLs are also not defined, e.g. the above product's URL is: https://sadeglamour.com/products/lep

It would be much more SEO-friendly and easier for Google to rank if it was: https://sadeglamour.com/products/cheeah-print-dress

Can you see the difference? Make sure to work on your URLs as well, as they're important for Google.

Product descriptions - consider adding longer and more detailed product descriptions. That’s also a great way to build a rapport with your visitors and convert. Short one-sentence description can make an impression you are not willing to make an effort for your customers, which can leave them feeling like why should they make an effort and buy from you.

Good product description can easily put you above a competitor selling similar product, but not having the items described enough to convince people to buy. Detailed descriptions can also help you build your authority and knowledge of the niche, which is essential for buyers, who want to feel they can trust your expertise and the choice of the products. 

See below how to write product descriptions that sell:

https://www.rockpapercopy.com/storytelling-in-product-descriptions/

I also noticed the pop up image is slightly distorted - make sure to optimize it as well:

Screen Shot 2019-12-14 at 07.40.18.png

Here are a few guides that might help:

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your FREE website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

Rock Paper Copy  

maggie@rockpapercopy.info

✅ Get FREE website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0
Hi,
Thank you so much! I appreciate all of the suggestions that you mentioned. I will get started on everything ASAP. As far as the product titles how can I make them seo optimized for the others??
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi  Sade

The women's clothing space is competitive with almost unlimited options. You are going to need to work on your design and branding to help standout. I have worked with a number women's fashion brands from boutique to ASOS.  Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage as it's disorganized right now. All you list is your product but you don't show off your brand and who you are. I would put an image above the New Arrivals section and have that image represent your brand. That image needs to draw people in or have them leave because you don't have what they want

2. Change your contact email to your domain name as it looks more professional

3. Sections like jackets that don't have any product, should be removed until you have items to place there

4. A lot of your items are sold out, which means you have less product to offer people. That makes it harder to convert someone when you have a limited selection of product

5. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Piece Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

6. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions. This is going to help tie your site together and look more consistent and professional. Right now I don't trust your store as much when I look at your collection page. The small details separate the good from great stores

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add links to your size guide on each product page

2. Your Product recommendation section "More From The Collection" should not show sold out items. You give someone no reason to look at that section if everything is sold out

3. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. Some products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

4. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

5. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

6. ASOS and other leading fashion brands are doing little fashion videos for their product pages. Something you could film on an iPhone or latest Android and add to your site.

Your store just needs some work to take it up a level but you got this far and you can make it to the next level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted

Hi there,

You can optimize the product titles the same way - start by finding the best keywords for your niche, write more specific titles and make sure to use keywords when relevant in the titles. If you're not sure how to find the best keywords, give me a shout!

✅ Get FREE website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

1 Like
Highlighted

Hi @Sadeglamour 

I agree with @DuaneBrown clothing niche is competitive. Build a connection and give anyone that interacts with you a awesome feeling. Why do you think Kylie Cosmetics did so well ? Stacks of people love that family. Work out a way people can start loving you and your brand also. 

Also take in the advice Maggie @Rockpapercopy has suggested. She knows her stuff. 

Overall Keep up the good work. Shopify is a learning curve. Keep putting in the work and you will win in the long run. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

P.S If you want a awesome , extremely detailed , Free website review check out the below link

www.inspiresmallbusiness.com

P.P.S If you want to view VIDEO TESTIMONIALS from our awesome clients check out the above link. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0
Hello Duane..
Thank you for your feedback. I have taken some of your suggestions into effect. If you wish plz take a quick looks and tell me what you think. As per my products images all being the same size. I definitely don’t like them like that either (lol). I have no idea why they are showing up like that. If you have any suggestions on why that may be happening I am open to hearing them. As per the video. I think that’s a great idea. I currently have a new product video stored but when I went to upload it it says that it only excepts videos from YouTube and Vimeo...???

Thank you!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0
Hi,
I appreciate all of your feedback. I am currently working on everything that you suggested. As far as the product title keywords YES! This is me giving you a shout. ☺️
0 Likes
Highlighted

If the images you are uploading into Shopify are not the same size, that would be why they are showing up all different size. You need to upload your video to YouTube and link that to Shopify. Cheers.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes