secretpaws.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2694 191 427

Hi Luke, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

I really like what you've done with your store so far between both the name and the photos. You've put yourself in a great place to take things to the next level. Let's take a look at some of the things you can add/ improve on below:

• I saw you have an About Us page under Brand. I like that idea, it helps you stand out a little more and feels more legitimate. My only advice here would be to add more than just words. If you could add in an image or a video or something else to give it that little extra I think you're in the right place. The content team at Shopify have some blog posts written with some good tips for brand/ About Us pages which you can see here and here
  • I love the idea of your Customer Care tab in the main menu. I think all the information in each option is really good and valuable plus it makes your store look very professional. The only thing I noticed was there was no Contact Us page. A Contact Us page would be perfect to top it all off in my opinion. Shopify has a helpful guide which goes through the steps on how to build a Contact Us page aswell as a blog post with 5 steps to building the perfect Contact Us page which could come in handy for you here. 
  • I was surprised to see there was no Instagram profile to be found anywhere. One thing is for sure is that people love dogs and dog pics, especially on Instagram. I feel you have a great opportunity with Instagram to find and build an audience to not only engage with but create a community around. As I mentioned people love dogs so there is an audience out there for you to leverage and build from through organic engagement. A top Shopify Expert hosted a podcast with a store owner who used organic engagement on Instagram very successfully. You can listen to it here and take some valuable tips and information from it.  
  • One last thing I spotted was that there was no favicon on your browser tab. A favicon not only adds legitimacy to your site but also helps people locate your store when they have lots of tabs open or if they've bookmarked your store. Shopify has a step by step guide on how to add a favicon here

As I mentioned I think you're in a great place to take things to the next level and wish you the best of luck. 

Cheers, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
26 0 0

Ok here are my three cents. I am doing this even though I run a dog store called dogparentsonline.com 

1st thing: stop advertising on facebook, instagram, and twitter. Get from the ap store programs: google shopping, sitebuster and seo ap also make sure to type in a description in the picture the pull down is alt text. I believe that facebook is not really good at all except for people advertising how to advertise on fb.

I spent 3k plus on fb add and got 1 sale.   get google merchant store it is free along with google anaylitics and google adwords,  I fixed my Seo problems, use words like buy now or act now on the description page.        I repeat don't advertising on face book , people go there mainly to socialize not buy, trust me this is true. you may also want to get a seo app called ranking coach it teaches you how to optimize seo keyword tricks (for better lack of words) .

Also on google shoping you just have to run one campaign and set it to get customers to buy, The Machine learning will start looking for people the more you get the better the machine. It automatically makes advertising  titles and descriptions. You no longer need to run multiple adds and key words the maching learning will do that for you so just run one google shopping ad and if it starts getting better, and it will, Also I noticed your prices are low. I raise mine 25% higher than suggested retail price, that gives you 60% of which you can cover your cost, shopify 29.00 aps 20.00 and fees for credit cards, as well as free shipping if you want to . I have found that people who are ready to buy dont mind paying for shipping.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
26 0 0

Two more things RAISE YOUR PRICES for example and use Google shopping campaign. Only 2 things untill facebook starts using machine learning I highly advise stop all fb ads. I spent 3k+ on fb and only received one sale.

0 Likes