FEEDBACK ON MY STORE

MotivateMeTees
Tourist
10 0 1

Hello everyone, 

I recently launched my first store on 1/15/21. I'm doing print on demand. 

I'm knew to all of this, but I was able to design everything myself by watching YouTube Tutorials. 

I used the free "BROOKLYN" theme because I couldn't afford to pay for the other themes. 

I've been struggling badly with conversions, though. Maybe I'm being hard on myself, but I'm hardly getting sales. In fact, I'm getting no sales. 

I've only had six since I launched. 

I feel like I should get at least one a day. 

Would you mind taking a look at my store and giving me a little feedback? 

Thank You!

motivateme-tees.com

0 Likes

Hey there! I like your store, here are a couple things to take a look at.

• Your Twitter link doesn't send me to your actual Twitter page
  • On a product page the word "Shipping" can't be seen in the "Shipping calculated at checkout." because it is white lettering on a white background
  • Consider moving the best sellers higher up the page rather than below the collections
  • Consider adding free US Shipping, this removes some of the mystery for the customer and they won't be surprised at checkout
  • Do you need to offer shipping to 200 countries this early on? Maybe focusing on North America until you can grow sales
  • What kind of advertising are you doing?
“A big business starts small.”
-Richard Branson
0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1002 135 327

Hey @MotivateMeTees,

Congratulations on launching your store and product. Awesome job taking the time to learn POD and bringing your vision to life!

I wouldn't be hard on yourself. Clothing is very very difficult to break into. The reason being is that clothing can be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. So when a person is searching for a clothing item in Google ie. "black cropped sweater", these big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers. You might think, "well, no one is offering the same design as I am" - and that may be true but you the issue still stands that if they can't find you, they can't purchase from you, which is why I think you just need eyes on your product.

Free ways to do this are:

• Advertising in local Facebook groups
  • Bring present where your audience spends their time (ie. Facebook groups, forums)
  • Creating content (ie. on social media (TikTok, IG Reels, YouTube) I highly recommend TikTok, it's a newer platform and growth happens quickly.

Another way you can get free traffic to your store is through good SEO. SEO is using the same words in your titles and descriptions as a person searching for your type of product would be typing in Google. We did a video on this:

When you start to make sales and think it is time to invest in ads, give this a watch:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes
MotivateMeTees
Tourist
10 0 1

Thank You for getting back to me. 

Thank you for catching the twitter link screw up. I just changed it. 

I'm not quite sure how to find the shipping issue. I'm on it now though. 

I was going to offer free shipping, but since I'm going through Printful, they override that option. 

You're right. I don't need to offer shipping to the other 200 countries. I'm going to focus on North America.

I started off advertising on Facebook. I had no clue what I was doing. Then, I got banned and I still don't understand why because I'm doing motivational/faith based marketing. 

So, I've been advertising on Pinterest and throughout social media. I haven't tried Google advertising yet. 

0 Likes
MotivateMeTees
Tourist
10 0 1

Thank You for this. 

I was becoming a little discouraged. I know I'm just a little over a month in, but getting no sales when you put a lot of work into it is very frustrating and discouraging. 

I just downloaded TikTok. I'm new to that app. I have no idea how to use it right now lol, but I'm going to learn! 

I've joined some facebook groups. I post in there as well. 

I'm also always putting content out on social media. 

I know I may not have the best theme, but it was all that I could afford. 

I may have to hire someone to do SEO. I tried to keep that in mind when writing descriptions in my product pages and whatnot. 

Any other tips, definitely be sure to let me know. 

I really appreciate all of your help. 

0 Likes

Facebook can be very vague when they block or restrict accounts. My guess is that you were doing faith based advertising which I think is against the TOS. Not sure, like I said it can be confusing. I would recommend trying to narrow your focus for advertising and promotion. You're targeting a subset of a subset in that your customers have to not only be faithful/religious, but also wanting to advertise that with their clothing choices. Try to get your brand in front of religious groups or other faith based organizations rather than blanket advertising. Discount codes for organizations that are willing to promote you may also be an opportunity.

-Richard Branson
0 Likes
MotivateMeTees
Tourist
10 0 1

OK. Thank you so much for all of this. I really appreciate all of your help!

0 Likes

Good luck!

-Richard Branson
0 Likes