FEEDBACK ON STORE - PRELAUNCH

2 0 0

Hey :) 

I'm launching my second shopify store (my 1st sold 1 product in 1 year due to lack of commitment) . Its called White Flamingo https://whiteflamingo.org and I'd love to get any feedback at all on how the site functions, the UX, the products, the pricing or just anything that is obviously not working. 

Really appreciate any support and I'd be happy to review your site in exchange!

Thanks,

Giulia

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
154 14 16

Hi there @giules91,

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I took a look at your store, and I'd be happy to offer my recommendations.

Firstly, when arriving to your store, I noticed that your website doesn't display your store's name. Unless looking at your store's URL, a visitor wouldn't know what your brand is. I suggest including it near where your logo currently is. Also on your Home Page, I advise limiting the number of products displayed. The option of the two Collections, Holiday Collection and Festival Collection is great. Under those, I recommend featuring only a single collection's products rather than both Best Sellers and Shop Holiday. If you display too many products on the Home Page, you risk the visitor scrolling through the products rather than browsing purposefully.

I browsed through your Blogs, About Us, and Product Pages, and I was having difficulty reading due to the size and more importantly the light colour of the text in contrast with the white background. You want to ensure that all aspects of your website are as easy as possible for your customer to navigate. Because the About Us page is a crucial page when building a business I recommend changing your text to a darker or more vibrant colour. Have you checked out our How to Write an About Us Page guide? The About Us Page is a chance to explain to the visitor who you are, why you are, what you sell, and what your mission is. What do you offer customers that is unique? Why should they purchase a dress from you rather than another business? I suggest giving that guide a read to be sure you include all the key selling points.

It's fantastic you're already blogging! Blogging is a fantastic way to boost your Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and thus gain organic traffic. Of course, if your visitors are having to strain their eyes to read the blog posts, they become less effective. Similarly, the product pricing and description is too hard to read which can easily deter someone from completing a purchase on your website. One other thing I noticed on your product pages is that you might be using some sort of app to incentivize your visitors to sell. This app advises how many products are left in stock - but the stock quantities are quite high. I've seen products that have over 3000 left, as well as products that have over 30,000 left. This app takes a while to load, and doesn't create a sense of urgency since there are so many products left. For that reason I recommend removing the app. Instead, I'd suggest making the use of our Product Reviews app. This will display the reviews of products your customers purchase, leaving new visitors with a sense of trust in the quality of your products.

Have you thought of adding store policies to your website? Many visitors will want to know what the shipping and refund policies are - but it's also standard for businesses to display a Terms of Service and Privacy Policy as well. After you've added these store policies, be sure to add them to your store's navigation in the footer menu for ease of access.

After making these changes, you can start marketing! As I mentioned, I see that you've already started blogging - which is awesome. Offering discounts is a great way to entice visitors into purchasing. I'd suggest offering a discount code in exchange for a visitor's newsletter subscription. For example, you can add text above the newsletter sign up stating "Sign up and receive 15% off your next purchase". You can then make use of an email marketing app and set up an email campaign to automatically send new subscribers a discount code. This will allow you to start collecting email addresses which you can later retarget with email marketing. What else are you planning on doing for marketing? Have you developed a marketing plan yet?

There's a lot of information here, so please let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi @Ryder 

Wow thank you SO much! Your feedback has been hugely helpful, I hadn't considered any of those things so I'll make sure to implement ALL of your points today - thank you so much, I really appreciate it :) 

Best,

Giulia

0 Likes
Explorer
45 2 5

Hello, I reviewed your site I liked it good luck! I advise you to use the app for building a commitment. The best one I can suggest to you is Nextsale. ( you can enter the website). This app uses social proof& urgency tools to raise brand trust. When you add it to your site it will automatically work. Visitors will see the comments of real purchasers in the below of your website. When they see these comments, they will have trust in your services, so they will want to purchase something. The price of the usage of this app is different than most of the competitors. It offers one price for all tools. When you pay, you get both urgency & social proof tools. In many companies, you pay varied costs separately. You can install the app for free and use it 14days free, after it, you will go either paid version or stay with free and use with limitations within days.

Try the link below and install it for free! Good luck with your store :)

0 Likes