FEEDBACK + marketing ideas for my new store

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi guys! Just launched my store and need some feedback for my online store. This is my first time, so would like to know areas on how I can improve it. 

This is the link to my store:https://www.dressingmypet.com/

Also, any ideas/suggestions for a marketing plan to get sales would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks alot

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
573 40 86

Hello, there! 

My name is Ren from the Shopify support team, I took some time to review your store and would love to offer some marketing advice. I must say that I think you've done a fabulous job and I can see that you are hitting most of the marks in terms of your content and branding. That logo is especially great! 

I would love to see some more products added to the attire category (halloween and holiday attire would be perfect right now) and leashes, pet bowls, etc to the accessories category. Quick note on that, double check your spelling of accessories on your menu. Adding just a few more products will nicely round out your selection and can help when it comes to cart incentives like reaching a certain amount to reach a discount. Which leads me to my next point - promotions and sales. Your products are great but you don't yet have any sale incentives. Consider adding a special collection with sale items, marking down a few favourites and adding a banner to indicate they are being offered for a limited time. I loved seeing your email collection pop-up, what offers are going out to first time subscribers? 

Creating incentive is going to help boost sales and with more sales under your belt you can begin adding social proof options like product reviews and testimonials to help boost your marketing efforts via earned media. That being said, I noticed your social media icons are linked up - awesome! Keep creating that instagram content and consider adding the instagram sales channel. Learn what goes into effective hashtags and utilize those to get more eyes on your content and more traffic to your store. Instagram is an amazing platform. For example, #dogsofinstagram has been tagged 3.3 million times. Images of pets are one of the most commonly shared on IG so knowing how to navigate the platform is really going to elevate your marketing efforts. 

Have you considered adding a blog? There's no shortage of pet-related topics to write about! Blogging is going to improve your SEO which means your website will be more easily found on search engines and creating engaging content is a step in the right direction to establishing loyalty to your brand. 

Do you have a business that you gain inspiration from, what makes them different from yours? Recognizing these differences can help you determine other areas to tweak or fine tune that you may not have realized yet! Let me know how you get on with that, and we can chat about any questions you run into. 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Dressingmypet 

Few areas to work on

• Home Page 
  • Product Page 
  • Site Navigation 
  • Footer 
  • Checkout Logo 

I'll email you some information going over these areas and some tips on how to get free traffic to your website. So look out for that, 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 123 433

Hey,

Store looks cool and and a good feel throughout, I have analysed if you like you can take suggestions. It will make me feel good.
These points will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a lot better sales.

1. For engaging new customers, add a section of best-selling products and some attractive insta images.

Would love to see more social connectivity to the footer for engaging them.

2. For some sales in the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.

3. For better traffic and sales , you can Run some advertisements from the popular app Kit . Kit is the extra set of hands you’ve been looking for to help with marketing your store. As your FREE virtual employee, Kit will recommend the marketing activities most likely to drive sales.

4. Also, You have around 50 products , visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    I would recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

5. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront. This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.
Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
485 26 98

Hi @Dressingmypet 

Overall I think your shopify store looks pretty good, But I noticed a couple of things that you might consider adding.

After carefully reviewing I don't see a sense of urgency. One of the main reasons why people don't buy from a store is because they feel like they can buy it whenever. A big thing that can help more of your visitors be turned into buyers would be by adding a sense of urgency to your store. One way to add urgency is to have a sale, and all sales need an end date. You can easily add a sale to your store with a countdown timer. One countdown timer that I recommend is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

Another thing you might want to add is a blog. If you had a blog you would be able to drive more organic traffic to your store, plus it would help establish yourself as an expert.

Did you think about adding a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

But seriously your store is actually really great, and I think just a few minor tweaks could really go a long way.

P.S. I created an email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course, after reviewing a bunch of stores I noticed that there are a few tips that might help, and I created an email list to help with it.

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes