I'm creating a webshop where I'm trying to sell sport supplements. I'm still working on it but I have my doubts about my design. I think the colors are to dark and menu is not good enough. Let me know your thoughts and ideas..
URL: www.smartnutrition.nl or smartsnutrition.myshopify.com
I would love to provide some recommendations for your store.
1, The menu on the header
- From my point of view, the menu is good now. The color you are using is suitable, you can increase the font size to 16 or 18px. But in general, it's pretty good.
2, The spacing is good as well
3, When I click to see your store's collections, there are many links that have no collection listed
4, You should add a Testimonial section to show product's reviews. There many Shopify apps to help you to do this such as Judge.me, Ali Reviews, Rivyo, Opinew, etc
5, You can add an About us page to show to customers who you are and a FAQ or a blog post page is also highly recommended.
6, You can add more sections to your home page such as Featured products or Countdown section. You can visit here to consult https://storefly.pagefly.io/
Because your store is protected with password so I cannot check the pagespeed, but you can check the pagespeed when you remove password via Google PageSpeed Insight or https://analyze.speedboostr.com/ to know more your pagespeed and see the factors making slow loading time,
Here is the article about PageSpeed and how to have a good pagespeed.
They are just some of my comments. I've gotta leave now. But if you have more questions on other pages type, you can leave your question is this topic, I'll be sure to answer :)
Thank you for your answer. Yes I know, at a lot of your comments I know that is not done yet. My mainly doubts are about the dark blue color with the orange logo, should I go for a more light-blue color with white logo? This seems more friendly and I can easy add more colors in to my website. My about page is on the bottom, should I move this upwards? If yes, where to? Also I was thinking about star rating for my webshop and display the amount of stars in my announcementbar on top? Also what do you think about the images in my menu's "JOUW SPORT" and "Dieetvoeding"?
Hey @NielsSchutte, it's a good start. Here is the feedback:-
1. In the header menu add a 'Home' option.
2. The diet food drop-down menu isn't looking that good. Images are too large. Other categories' drop-down menu looks great.
3. On the homepage, display the recommended products too.
4. Add testimonials on the homepage.
5. Add a LiveChat to make sure you never lose any of your customers.
6. You can add a referral program. Referral marketing is a cost-effective way to gain new and loyal customers. Because people are social creatures, individuals that are referred to your company are much more likely to remain loyal customers.
If you would like to implement marketing tools in your Shopify store to increase the conversions and engagement in your store. I would recommend you to install AiTrillion.com. It is 'All in One' Shopify app that has all the essential features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. You can check it out.
Congratulation for your store.
We’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales.
1. Have a sticky header and a clear smart search bar to help users locate the products they're looking for.Also a slide out cart, a cart icon with item calculator must have features. Login icon must be there for buyer account creation before purchasing. Example of Good Header
When click on search option without typing any search words it takes me to all collection
2. Optimize your store as per SEO
3. Collection page should have a creative banner to enhance the visual appeal of your store, product reviews of all the products in your store, infinite scrolling to increase page views. announcement bars for highlighting promotions, events, deals and product labels like % off, ‘New Arrival’, ‘Sold Out’, etc. Example of Good Collection Page
4. Add interactive and user-friendly features like custom swatches, product zoom in, product reviews, unique product titles/descriptions, cart drawer and a sticky cart with a sticky add to cart and buy now button etc, at product page. Example of Ideal Product Page
5. Overall Font, Color, Spacing, Alignment need to adjust
6. Add a Blog section - it will be helpful for seo
7. Ensure your store speed is optimized. You can do this by checking your google page speed score. Minify codes that are redundant or apps that are slowing down the site speed. Make your site mobile-friendly.
8. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
9. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
10. Add lead generation form at contact us page
11. Add Faqs Page
12. Header and Footer Area need to Improve
13. All Banner design need to Improve with CTA button
14. You need to High hight your UVP ( Unique Value Proposition )
If you need any help please contact here: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us
Hyde here from Shopify.
Your store looks sharp, great images and nicely laid out. However, I think it would benefit from having a little more of the stamp of your brand on it.
To build a brand you should look at having
- a strong, relevant name.
- a visual identity (logo, color scheme)
- a mission statement (what makes your brand different
- a target customer (who is your customer? What magazines do they read? What social media do they hang out on? Who influences their decisions? Are they high or low tech?)
All this information will help you craft your brand's message which is going to be a big help when it comes time to creating your about page. This is an essential page on any e-commerce store. It helps customers understand who you are, what you care about and why they should trust you.
I hope this all helps.
All the best, Hyde
Thank you so much for all the feedback, please feel free to add more comments so I can make the best webshop possible! Also check out my other post about my color palet!