I am aware of all the other related posts out there but would like to get some advice on my specific ad and website, thanks!
I currently run 3 adsets with all 1 ad and a budget of $15 a day. It has been running for 3 days and reached 6000 people, got 126 clicks, but only 5 initiated checkouts and no sales. I also have a bounce rate of 75 percent. As I am quite new, I can't figure out what I am doing wrong, or perhaps I should just wait? Any help/advice/suggestions would be awesome!
Few things for me:
- Your homepage is a product page. Try to make a Homepage and redirect it to your product page.
- Look at other product pages and ask yourself the question: What are the difference between their page and mine?
- Remove the empty spots in your Footer and add some others:
And delete the 'Search' in your footer since you have a OPS.
- Maybe remove the blue theme on your store and change it to black/white. This looks more profesional.
My biggest tip is just look at other, bigger stores and look what they have. You don't need to copy that site, but just look at what they have and pick the good things out.
Hey there, @Fabian3001!
Welcome to Shopify! First of all, great start on the store. It shows how much work and effort you’ve put in. I completely understand your frustrations in driving traffic.
When you have paid traffic that isn’t converting, I look at a few things:
Before we jump in, I have to clarify that I will be talking about visitor behavior. You know visitor behavior through analytics like Google Analytics, but I’m talking about one step further in tools like heatmaps (to see where people click and scroll) and session recordings/replays (to watch what happened during someone’s visit).
First, let’s talk about the right audience. Are you using UTM parameters for your ads? I don’t think you are, but I could be wrong. These are snippets of code that are placed at the end of the link for tracking purposes. If you have those, you could:
Now let’s get into your website.
You are doing a lot of things right. For example, you have a favicon. You have customer reviews (we’ll talk more about that in a bit). That’s really a great start.
I do see you’re missing:
Moving on, there are some issues. Let’s start on the homepage.
It may sound like a lot, but this is all really minor compared to creating the store. It’s about finding out what your visitors are doing and using that information to tweak and improve your store. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.
I hope this helps! Good luck!
Cheers - Danny
Thanks for the extremely elaborated and useful insights/tips. It took me a while to respond as I tried to implement most of your suggestions asap, and I've just published the new version of my site. I'm still figuring out which app to use for a chat function on the website, as I do not want it to be too invasive.
Initially, I wanted to have a kind of one-page website. But I've now incorporated your suggestions, switched to Debut theme, and changed the home page. Problem is that I do not yet have valuable info to put on the homepage, so for now, it is mainly the hero image, a customer service text, and an (updated) video of the product.
I implemented most of your suggestions. I did not add an email address to the contact page as I only have a @Gmail type of account and this seems somewhat unprofessional to me.
I have now installed google analytics and added utm to the links on Facebook ads. I suppose those heatmaps/session recordings are only available through, for example, your platform? I have furthermore canceled the Facebook ads as I am not sure what a good target audience might be. I am now first trying influencer marketing on IG.
I have also tried to import some below 5-star reviews. Problem is that the product has over 10K reviews on aliexpress and when I import the reviews, it only selects the 5-star ratings, even though I've selected import all ratings... but hopefully, it seems a bit more legit now.
I will most definitely check out Lucky Orange!
Once again, a huge thank you for all the tips! It really helped me a lot. I will continue to improve the website, but hopefully, it looks better already.
Hello @Fabian3001, I hope you are doing good! Sachin here, from the Aitrillion Team at Shopify. Here are few suggestions that you can work on:
- Add a separate page of the shipping policy.
- On the product page, add Quick view & Color swatch.
- Being a single product store, display the product on the home page with little information and a call to action button.
- Showcase reviews on the home page. It helps in building trust with other visitors.
- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.
- Add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It can be sent even when customers are not in your store and bring back the lost customer to your store. You can also send an abandoned cart push notification, it helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate. Send price drop alert notifications to bring back customers to the store.
- You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
Hope this Helps!