Feed Back On My Store Eliot Grey

Solved
MrRan27
Tourist
14 0 2

I have updated my sock store and would like your suggestions on improvement.  What suggestions would you have for a theme for my sock store.  Currently I'm using Debut.  Any suggestions would be appreciated/  Thanks Ran..www.eliotgrey.com

0 Likes

Hi,

I have gone through your site , its good but you need to do some changes on your store,

--why you underlined these menus excluding others?

oscprofessional_0-1614068720154.png

-- It should be in same level( product name price )

oscprofessional_1-1614068824039.png

--Submenu of shop collection ( new arrival : hot socks )is redirecting to home page

--keep these blogs in center https://www.eliotgrey.com/blogs/news

--Also the site score is low in mobile

oscprofessional_2-1614069051592.png

You need to work on your website performance’s speed with following point that I have mentioned below.
Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversion.

In order to Improve website speed you need to:
- Remove unnecessary code on a high priority basis.
- Compressed images or Defer off-screen images.
- Web Pages need to be Minify.
- Reduce JavaScript execution time
- Minimize main-thread work
- Beware of excessive liquid loops
- Decrease thumbnail image size
- Weigh the benefits of installing another app

By fixing these issues, your website speed score can definitely improve!

anything is missed out or unclear then don't hesitate to ask
Thank You!

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
984 103 161

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I've taken a look at your store, and you've done some really great work. I love the consistent color scheme and branding throughout the site. I have a few points of feedback I'd like to offer: 

• Your product images appear quite pixelated and there is difficult to read text on them. I'd suggest using high-resolution images, and relying on product description for product detail, rather than placing text on the product images. 
  • The text in the logo is unnecessary, as it is quite unreadable. I'd suggest removing the small text. 
  • There are some overlapping icons that make the store look less professional. 
  • I noticed in your FAQ you use a personal email address, why not use your business email in this instance, to keep consistency for the customer? 
  • I'd like to see some more blogger reviews on the site, have you considered sending out free sample products for review as part of your marketing campaign? It could breathe some life into the store. 

Is this your first business? How are you planning to market the business going forward? 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @MrRan27 

This is PageFly - a Free Shopify Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendation for your store based on 4 years of providing solutions for over 80.000 active Shopify merchants.

I have some recommendations below about your homepage

1. Logo 

Your logo contains a lot of text, sometimes the users can't read these words and maybe they will feel annoyed. Besides, there is a lot of information in the logo that will be a barrier for users can remember your brand. I think it is better if you can remove the text below the name of your brand - Eliot Grey.

2. Search field

It is difficult to see your search field on your homepage because this icon too small. Your search field should be adjusted its appearance on the homepage to make it more dominant to let your users can return to it as a fallback strategy in moments of despair. So you can consider adding a search box with border color, font size, and icon color emphasis.

Screenshot at Feb 24 08-28-54.png

3. Header 

The text in your header should have a unified design either underline or not. In addition, you also can increase the text size to attract more the user's attention.

Screenshot at Feb 24 08-49-21.png

4. New arrivals 

There is a blank space in your new arrivals section, and when I access this part, it made me feel a little bit disappointed. Cover the products in this section will provide an overview for users with various options. In addition, just my minor suggestion, you can consider adding your unique collection to your homepage 

Screenshot at Feb 24 09-13-13.png

5. Story introduction 

Text-overlaid images lower scannability and legibility when you set the background image with an array of colors and patterns changing throughout the image. This was observed to not only make the text more difficult to read for subjects, but also led users to wonder whether the site even wanted them to read the text or look at the image. I also recommend you should shorten your content and choose a semitransparent background for this section.

Screenshot at Feb 24 14-58-25.png

Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate.

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

PageFly.

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: WebsiteYoutube | PageFly Community | Facebook| LinkedIn | Twitter
- Discover Shopify Stores’ Secrets with Koala Inspector
0 Likes
Munn
Shopify Partner
480 17 100

Hi @MrRan27 welcome to Shopify community 

Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,

1. Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.

2. Add Wishlist to your website. They are a great way to alert customers about a sale, drive traffic to your site. Also you can do more target oriented email campaigns. Also Add to Cart and Checkout Page needs to have a bit more planning - like giving users a visual checkout process, and option to continue shopping from the checkout page.

Resourceful guidance & help: Not having support or not having adequate information is a huge frustration for a lot of online buyers. Consider adding a chat plugin to your site for people to contact you while they are shopping.

4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalised stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase

(I have added an image as reference. If you do like it, then check out more sticker packs here)

Screenshot 2020-08-19 at 12.54.04 PM.png

I hope this helps!

Munawar

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes