I have gone through your site , its good but you need to do some changes on your store,
--why you underlined these menus excluding others?
-- It should be in same level( product name price )
--Submenu of shop collection ( new arrival : hot socks )is redirecting to home page
--keep these blogs in center https://www.eliotgrey.com/blogs/news
--Also the site score is low in mobile
You need to work on your website performance’s speed with following point that I have mentioned below.
Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversion.
In order to Improve website speed you need to:
- Remove unnecessary code on a high priority basis.
- Compressed images or Defer off-screen images.
- Web Pages need to be Minify.
- Minimize main-thread work
- Beware of excessive liquid loops
- Decrease thumbnail image size
- Weigh the benefits of installing another app
By fixing these issues, your website speed score can definitely improve!
anything is missed out or unclear then don't hesitate to ask
Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I've taken a look at your store, and you've done some really great work. I love the consistent color scheme and branding throughout the site. I have a few points of feedback I'd like to offer:
Is this your first business? How are you planning to market the business going forward?
This is an accepted solution.
This is PageFly - a Free Shopify Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendation for your store based on 4 years of providing solutions for over 80.000 active Shopify merchants.
I have some recommendations below about your homepage
Your logo contains a lot of text, sometimes the users can't read these words and maybe they will feel annoyed. Besides, there is a lot of information in the logo that will be a barrier for users can remember your brand. I think it is better if you can remove the text below the name of your brand - Eliot Grey.
2. Search field
It is difficult to see your search field on your homepage because this icon too small. Your search field should be adjusted its appearance on the homepage to make it more dominant to let your users can return to it as a fallback strategy in moments of despair. So you can consider adding a search box with border color, font size, and icon color emphasis.
The text in your header should have a unified design either underline or not. In addition, you also can increase the text size to attract more the user's attention.
4. New arrivals
There is a blank space in your new arrivals section, and when I access this part, it made me feel a little bit disappointed. Cover the products in this section will provide an overview for users with various options. In addition, just my minor suggestion, you can consider adding your unique collection to your homepage
5. Story introduction
Text-overlaid images lower scannability and legibility when you set the background image with an array of colors and patterns changing throughout the image. This was observed to not only make the text more difficult to read for subjects, but also led users to wonder whether the site even wanted them to read the text or look at the image. I also recommend you should shorten your content and choose a semitransparent background for this section.
Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate.
If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!
Hi @MrRan27 welcome to Shopify community
Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.
2. Add Wishlist to your website. They are a great way to alert customers about a sale, drive traffic to your site. Also you can do more target oriented email campaigns. Also Add to Cart and Checkout Page needs to have a bit more planning - like giving users a visual checkout process, and option to continue shopping from the checkout page.
3. Resourceful guidance & help: Not having support or not having adequate information is a huge frustration for a lot of online buyers. Consider adding a chat plugin to your site for people to contact you while they are shopping.
4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalised stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase
(I have added an image as reference. If you do like it, then check out more sticker packs here)
I hope this helps!