Feed Back on My Store

Tourist
6 0 1

Hi All,

I just disabled the password for my store and wanted to get some feedback before promoting with a debut sale. Please visit: www.aruc.store and share your thoughts on logo size, cover photo, and anything else that screams at you. 

Thank you so much!

Jackey Day 

0 Likes
Excursionist
154 6 22

Hi @JackeyDayARUC 

There are a couple of things I might consider adding to your store, but overall good work

I wasn't able to find social media links. Creating some social media accounts can be a great way to drive organic traffic to your store.

After carefully reviewing I don't see reviews. Adding reviews would help your customers research the products they are going to buy. Plus if someone likes a product they bought from you they can leave a review.

Did you think about adding a FAQ section. Adding an FAQ section to your store can help your customer more easily be able to find a solution to their problems without asking you. This will help long into the future so you don't need to spend so much time on customer support

Nice job on your all of your hard work so far, and I'm sure that just a few minor changes will really help.

If you found this review useful I created an email course here https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course where you can learn more ways to convert your customers

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
139 10 23

Hi, @JackeyDayARUC!

My name is Rae and I work for Shopify. Thanks for reaching out for feedback on your store, and welcome to the Shopify Community!

After looking over your store, I have a few different suggestions that I would love to share with you. Please check these out below. 

The first thing I noticed is that your logo is very difficult to read and decipher, due to the font. This is especially evident on the four small characters at the top of the logo. With this in mind, I recommend changing the font to be something more legible so that customers can easily read the name of your brand. If you're interested in creating a new logo altogether, we have a great free logo creator tool called Hatchful that can be used for this.   

The main menu on your site is also quite full and busy, so it would be great to see this menu organized with more drop downs added. If you make this change, the main items on your menu could be: 'Home', 'About Us', 'Blog', and 'Products'. Then, all of the product menu items like 'Unisex T-Shirts', 'Hats', etc. could be listed under the main 'Products' heading. This will help clean up the menu and ensure it's easy for customers to navigate. 

In your footer, it looks like the standardized text from the theme you're using is still added under the 'Talk about your business' heading. To remove this, head into your Shopify admin, click on 'Online Store > Themes'  and then click 'Customize'  on your theme to navigate into the Theme Editor. From here, click on the 'Footer'  section and you will see the option to edit this text to add your own synopsis. If you don't require this extra text space for more details, feel free to just remove it from your footer altogether. 

I'm glad to see that you have lots of policies and resources linked for customers in your footer menu as well. Pages like these are often referenced by customers before and after they shop on your site, so having them in an easily accessible spot can really help increase customer trust in your site and your brand. Along with this, it's also important to have a contact page on your site, so I recommend adding this to either your main menu or your footer menu. For more information on getting this set up, check out this link

Like @FFT_SMART, I also noticed that your social media pages haven't been added to your site yet, and these are definitely a great addition to consider. These can be linked to your page through the Theme Editor by clicking on 'Theme Settings'  and then 'Social Media'. If you don't have social media pages for your business yet, it's a good idea to consider creating these pages. A Facebook business page can be created through this link, and an Instagram business account can be created here

Lastly, it looks like you still have 'Powered by Shopify' in your footer, which may create confusion for customers visiting your site. To remove Shopify's branding and add your own business name here instead, follow these steps

These suggestions should get you on the right track, but if you have any other questions, please let me know! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Thank you so much for your feedback. I have incorporated FAQs page with a note that details are coming soon, so that people will know I am working on it, a contact us page, and have added my fb link. I have not been able to figure out the reviews piece yet...but will definitely include that. Your feedback is much appreciated!

Jackey 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
806 28 222

Hi Jackey! Maggie, Shopify Partner here :)

Your shirts look fantastic, I love the slogans :) The store logo looks awesome, though the URL in your post is different than the URL on the website. 

I don’t see anything out of place, that might dramatically affect your conversion rate. I’d only suggest placing the link to your store in the top navigation before about us page:

Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 09.04.17.png

It has more value in terms of sales, so it should take the primary position in the menu.

Also, rename it to “Shop” instead “Catalog”. It will create urgency and gives an indirect order to shoppers, inviting them to take action [positive tone of voice]. The best performing shops design their customer journey [sales funnel] across the pages with clear CTAs - from the homepage, through collections to the checkout - so showing people where to click and how to browse your website to complete the purchase will put your customers at ease and improve your conversion rate.

The collection page has a very outdated layout:

Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 09.09.09.png

Consider using a grid layout, to display product images at 3 in one row; this way, your visitors will be able to see bigger images of each product, the browsing will be more convenient and it will significantly help you boost your conversion rate.

Hope it helps!

If you liked this website critique, and would like to request a review of your own store, please click here now: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/ 

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Partner | Ecommerce expert

Rock Paper Copy  

maggie@rockpapercopy.info 

If you found these tips useful, please leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Get 2 Google page #1 in 30 days | Join my Facebook community to learn how it's done | Click here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/30days2page1/

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
139 10 23

Hi, @JackeyDayARUC

Thanks so much for getting back to us. I'm glad to hear that the information and advice shared in this thread has been helpful! 

I know you mentioned that you were still working on getting reviews set up, so I wanted to suggest a few apps that we can use to get this feature added to your site. Some options for this are Product Reviews or Judge.me Product Reviews. Both of these apps come with free plans, so they're great options to consider. 

The first app is developed and fully supported by Shopify, so if you have any questions about using this app, feel free to reach out to us about this. However, the second app is a third party app that is built and supported by developers who are external to Shopify. With this in mind, if you have any questions or concerns about using this app, or the billing charges associated with the paid plan, please contact the app developer directly by following these steps

Let me know if there is anything else I can help out with! 

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Thank you so much for your suggestions Maggie. I also am not liking the list format for the collections. I just haven't figured out how to change it. 

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Rae,

Is there a way to change the collections page to grid vs list? I can't seem to find it in this theme. Do I have to change my theme? I liked Maggie's suggestion to change it, and now that I was able to get the reviews piece on their I like the list even less. 

Thank you!

Jackey

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
139 10 23

Hi, @JackeyDayARUC

Great question!

Depending on which theme you're using, this change is likely possible through the Theme Editor on your site. To check if this is the case, head into your Shopify admin and follow these steps:

1. Click on 'Online Store > Themes'
  2. Click 'Customize'  on your live theme. 
  3. At the top of the page, you will see a dropdown selector that says 'Home page'. Click on this, and change the page to be 'Collection pages'.
  4. In the lefthand sidebar, click on the section titled 'Collection pages'
  5. Under 'Layout'  check to see if the dropdown offers a 'Grid'  or 'List'  option. 
  6. If it does, choose the 'Grid'  option. 
  7. Click 'Save'  in the top right hand corner. 

If your theme doesn't offer these options, please let me know and I can help look into the best way to make this change based on the theme you're using. 

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1
Rae...You are my hero!!!!! I looked and looked and couldn't figure it out.
I was able to follow your instructions and got it done. Thank you so
much!!!!!

Jackey
1 Like