Feed back on my store.

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi there,

I would appreciate some ,input, as to my Shopify store Natural Executive.com, it has made some sales but unfortunately slowed down completely, Google shopping ads do not seem to work and Face book advertising is like throwing money out of the window. So before I kick this thing to the kerb, I would like some constructive criticism, as I have put a lot of time and effort into it, only to see it a be a flop.

Thank you so much,

Martin.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 132

Hey, Martin!

Lizzy here, I’m a Shopify support Guru.

Great job on your store so far! I can see that you've put a lot of thought into creating a design for your store that demonstrates you sell natural products. From here I suggest thinking about the customer who will be accessing your site.

Who are they and what are they looking for? You'll want to work on refining your storefront even further so that when a customer lands on the homepage they know exactly what they are looking at and that it is for them. Think about some of your favourite stores to shop from. Is there a vibe that resonates with you and makes you feel as though you're somewhere that you belong? Think about ways you could create this for your customers. Have you thought about setting up photo shoots with people using or holding your products?

To help with bringing any of the design decisions to life, I recommend watching this free design video course in the Shopify Academy.

Another thing that may help to bring sales back up is to work on structure of your store. Have you considered the user flow of your website? An easy step to improve ease of use on a store is to simplify navigation. Taking a look at your store I noticed that there were several options listed under the Catalogue menu. I recommend organizing those into broader collections, or using nested menus

The last thing I wanted to mention is that when I accessed your store on a desktop the logo takes up most of the screen. While it is important to showcase your brand, it is even more important to hook a customer as soon as the page loads. You could reduce the sizing of the logo and use the homepage to focus more on your products and brand information. Also, the colours of the logo, the teal especially, don't appear anywhere else on the site, so it may be worth revisiting.

I do think you've got a fantastic start here, especially if you've already been making sales. To move forward I recommend looking into some alternative ways to market your products for a lower price or free. This blog post has some great ideas to get you started! 

Please feel free to continue the conversation here with any questions you have about what I've said!

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
116 4 16

@Martin_Phillips wrote:

Hi there,

I would appreciate some ,input, as to my Shopify store Natural Executive.com, it has made some sales but unfortunately slowed down completely, Google shopping ads do not seem to work and Face book advertising is like throwing money out of the window. So before I kick this thing to the kerb, I would like some constructive criticism, as I have put a lot of time and effort into it, only to see it a be a flop.

Thank you so much,

Martin.

@Martin_Phillips 

Just take a look at your site, and honest to say we will have a lot of things need to improve.

* Design

- I saw that you are using free Shopify Minimal, it is OK but it is quite common. So if possible you should install a paid theme, you get what you pay.

- The logo: it is quite high, I think you should reduce the size. It also reduces the height of the header.

- Add Instagram feed at the footer of your home page to increase your Instagram follow up.

- The image quality is not good. You should need to remove the background or hire a photographic to do it. It is very important for customer when to decide to buy anything.

- You should add a review to your store if you don't have much money you can install a free app from Shopify: https://apps.shopify.com/product-reviews,

the reason: Research shows that 91 percent of people regularly or occasionally read online reviews, and 84 percent trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation. And they make that decision quickly: 68 percent form an opinion after reading between one and six online reviews

- You should re-design the product page to make it more clear and professional with your customer. Also, add recommend products to your product detail too. You can see some of the good examples here: 

+ https://thenaturalskinstore.com/products/soseedy-face-cleanser

+ https://nudebynature.com.au/products/natural-illusion-eyeshadow-trio-nude

+ https://www.naturalnecessity.com.au/collections/womens-jumpers-and-knits/products/billabong-all-mine...

+ https://www.100percentpure.com/collections/skin-care/products/coconut-oil-cleansing-milk

Besides that you can apply tabs into your product's information is good too.

* Shipping

- If you have any special shipping offer like free shipping, buy over xxx get free shipping,... please notice to your customer by an announcement bar.

* Promotion

- Discount

- Buy 1 get 1 for free

- Gift card

There is a lot of ideas to convert your visitors into a customer.

* Loyalty

- To keep your customers go long-term with your business I think this function very important. So I highly recommend you to apply it to your customers.

* Performance

Your store score on Google Page Speed: 55 (mobile), 93(desktop). It seems good, but If you can improve the mobile score to >=90, it is really great. You know nowadays more than 50% of users using their mobile to brow and buying.

Hope my review will help you. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

Vince Nguyen | Ecommerce Consultant at HappyPoints.io
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Email me at: vince@happypoints.io
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi Vince,

Thank you, for your valuable and candid review of my store naturalexecutive.com, I will put your suggestions into action, however can you expand, on the point, that you mentioned, that product my images were not professional, in that the back grounds are not adequate, these are professional photos from the manufacture, I can not see, how you could make these better, I would appreciate more input.

Thank you for your time,

Martin.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
116 4 16

@Martin_Phillips wrote:
Hi Vince,

Thank you, for your valuable and candid review of my store naturalexecutive.com, I will put your suggestions into action, however can you expand, on the point, that you mentioned, that product my images were not professional, in that the back grounds are not adequate, these are professional photos from the manufacture, I can not see, how you could make these better, I would appreciate more input.

Thank you for your time,

Martin.

@Martin_Phillips 

Here is what I mean: http://prntscr.com/p5gq93

The background of the image and the background of your website. Personally I think it is hard to view in my eyes. Maybe I'm a serious guy? :).

I think if we remove the white background it should be better to view. Or you can remove the background image of the website. 

Here is the result when I tried to remove your background image:

screencapture-naturalexecutive-collections-note-book-journal-2019-09-13-09_08_34.png

It is good for me.

Is that clear for you?

Please notice that it is my personal idea, I'm as your customer to comment. If you think that it is not correct you can ignore my comment.

Thanks,

Vince Nguyen | Ecommerce Consultant at HappyPoints.io
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Email me at: vince@happypoints.io
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

How the store going. I was thinking a good example would be Toby and Rosie with its simple yet effective colour design and layout. 

Just a thought.

0 Likes