Feedback New Store

Highlighted
Excursionist
23 1 1

Hey,

I would love some feedback on my new store.

https://save-animal-spirits.com/

I know i still have some work regarding social media ( Facebook, Instagram)

I am trying to delete the " image slide text" but unfortunatetly i don't know how. 

Any feedback is welcome.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 173

Hey, @sas123.

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Congratulations on your store, you have done a great job. What marketing techniques are you using at the moment? Where are you advertising? Are you noticing much traffic to your store?

The first thing that I always look at with new stores are the product descriptions. While your products are well curated you could definitely work on the descriptions. With online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products literally need to speak for themselves. Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format you should try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need these products? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here for some tips and tricks. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically.

I noticed that you have an About Us page but it is quite vague. The About Us is probably the most underutilized marketing tool on Online Stores. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. It is the perfect place to highlight a number of objectives such as:

-  Communicate the story of your business and why you started it.
-  Describe the customers or the cause that your business serves.
-  Explain your business model or how your products are made.
-  Put a face to your business, featuring the founders, or, the people on your team.
In short, your online store displays your products available and your "About Us" page should be telling your customer why they should buy from you! 

To get rid of that image slide text, you need to click 'Online store > Themes > Customise' and then click 'slideshow' on the left-hand sidebar menu. Then you should see a little downwards arrows beside your slides and if you click into that you will see 'text' and then 'heading'. Remove that text and it will stay blank for you. Don't forget to click 'save' after removing that text. Here is a screenshot from my test store and hopefully it makes things easier for you. If you need any more clarification with this, please let me know. 

2019-09-gpssv-swwnn

Marketing is the most important part of an online store once the groundwork has been done. I know it can be confusing, especially if you're new to selling. You might think that marketing is too complicated or expensive to work for your business. Either way, making a marketing plan is crucial for your business to succeed. You will probably use several tactics to attract and keep customers. Each of these tactics is a part of your marketing strategy, and your marketing plan outlines how and when you use them. Your marketing plan helps you make decisions about who you are trying to reach, what you want to say, and how to get the word out. Understanding your marketing goals can make it easier for you to find the marketing tactics that are right for your store in different parts of your selling cycle. We have put this guide together for merchants to help make marketing easier, check it out here and let me know if you have any questions at all. 

Don't forget we also have a Shopify Academy that features short free courses on various topics like 'SEO Training for Beginners' and 'Grow your Business with Instagram', these have helped our merchants massively and give some excellent tips and tricks. You can enrol at any time here.

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes and let me know if you have any further questions at all. I am happy to help in any way that I can! 

Kind regards,
Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
23 1 1

Hey Lulu,

Thanks for your feedback.
I will definitely look into it :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1902 37 231

Hello,

I just had look into your website.  I agree with Lulu5
You can improve your Testimonials. Testimonials take the spotlight away from the seller, and shine it on the customer. Adding client testimonials to your website can be an extremely effective way to establish trust and strengthen your company's reputation. They are extremely powerful tools when it comes to strengthening your branding.
I suggest you can add your store blog. Blog gives you the chance to make important substance for your clients. Utilize this as a promoting strategy to manage movement back to your site.
Blog make better Your Website's SEO , Increase Traffic to Your Website through inbound links.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
23 1 1

Hey Lulu,

Once again thanks for you feedback. Regarding your questions:

What marketing techniques are you using at the moment? Where are you advertising? Are you noticing much traffic to your store?

I haven't started with the marketing yet. I first wanted to get my store in order before starting to sell. 

I will look into the product description and About us page.
+ will make use of the Shopify academy regarding SEO.

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
23 1 1

Thanks for the feedback :)

It definitely helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
485 27 99

Hi @sas123 

Hey nice job on your store. Honestly it's quite good, I like it a lot. There are a few tiny things I would change.

I noticed that you don't have a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

One thing to consider is adding a blog. If you had a blog more customers might be able to find your site, and even if they aren't ready to buy at the moment they are reading your blog, they are more likely to buy from you in the future.

Did you think about adding reviews. Adding reviews would help your customers research the products they are going to buy. Plus if someone likes a product they bought from you they can leave a review.

After carefully reviewing I don't see a sense of urgency. By using urgency, you can make your visitors feel like they are missing out unless they order immediately. The 'Fear of Missing Out' that they experience, will increase your ability to convert them into buyers. One app that can help you with that is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown . It really can make a big difference in getting your customers to buy from you

You might consider adding social media links. Creating some social media accounts can be a great way to drive organic traffic to your store.

But seriously your store is actually really great, and I think just a few minor tweaks could really go a long way.

Just so you know, I also created a tiny email series that has some tips on making your shopify store better https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
23 1 1

Hey, FFT_SMART,

Thanks for all the information.
I've subscribed myself to your email series and am looking forward to it :)

Done

• Reviews
  • Timer
  • Social Proof ( someon bought item X 18 hours ago)

To Do

• FAQ
  • Blog
  • Facebook / instagram
  • optimise SEO

I will do accordingly :)

Thanks!!!

0 Likes