Feedback On My New Store Please

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi, I just discovered Shopify over a week ago! Somehow without any prior experience I have managed to get my store https://absolutelybrazen.com/live online very quickly, mainly because Shopify has been so well designed and is inherently intuitive. However I am stuck to solve problems in several areas.

1. Homepage fits on a desktop, but not on a mobile. How do I optimise for mobile?

2. I cant enable Facebook pixel to work with Shopify,  I keep getting this message below

This ad account needs to be added to the selected Business Manager to continue.

Add account
Use a different ad account

3. I would like to add some extra product pages so I can categorise my product & create extra pages for Google to index
4. Would also like to offer £5.00 off next purchase for anybody who wishes to subscribe to my mailing list
5. Welcome some advice on seo?

Taking all the above into consideration, I therefore would be grateful for an overview of Store to date? It would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Ultracleg,

Congrats on your Shopify store and for pushing through the learning curve and getting it done!

As a first time visitor of your store, here was my first impression:

screencapture-absolutelybrazen-2020-11-16-10_14_01.png

The background image you have there is quite blurry. The reason is likely one of these three things:

1. When you save the image, it saves as a low quality image or .jpg. Solution: .png is recommended
  2. The image is too BIG and is automatically compressed to a lower quality when uploaded. Solution: Downsize your image to the exact measurements of the space you are trying to fill and stay within the recommended file size.
  3. The image is too SMALL and gets stretched out/blurred when it tries to fit the space. Solution: use a larger image.

I'd recommend changing that image out to feature one of your products instead. That area is prime real estate for getting eyes on your products. 

Next, instead of "Absolutely Brazen Welcomes the World", I would change that to "Brazen T-Shirts" or something similar so that people know right off the bat what it is you sell.

The theme you've chosen is very hard to navigate on desktop. You cannot see a price until you hover and the navigation menu is in the top left-hand corner. It's not where the eye is trained to look and I think a lot of people will miss it completely. Additionally, on the individual products page, the image is so big that it takes up my entire screen. I can't see a price, a description or the add to cart button unless I scroll down. This is not good, you want to make the purchasing process as simple and quick as possible for your customers.

brazen-product.png

My last piece of advice is to spend some time on your SEO. The most important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience. We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience (we show you how to submit your sitemap to Google as well):

As for your question about a discount code, you can create one by following these steps:

After that, use MailChimp (free) and use their automation tool to send your subscribers the code once they sign up. We did the same thing for our Black Friday graphics, which by the way..

If you need some graphics for your store for Black Friday, we just released a free pack. They look like this:

bf2020-forums.png

They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.

Enjoy!

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY, PRIZES EVERY WEEK!
You could win: a custom store banner, custom logo & favicon, 1 hour of store tweaks or a complete store re-design!
Click to enter the giveaway! FREE gift for everyone who signs up!
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thanks EcomGeeks for taking the time to reply to my request. I will be implementing the advice given & am just going to sign up to your mailing list. Again thank you.

Highlighted
Tourist
31 2 10

Hello @Ultracleg, I hope you are doing well!

Your store looks ok, you can improve your store by choosing a better and more engaging theme for your website and also if you want to improve your current design you can start off with working on the homepage which looks awfully static, add favicon, make the options on the homepage, and lastly create a drop-down menu for different product categories in the navigation bar. People tend to on an organized place rather than an unorganized one.

" Homepage fits on a desktop, but not on a mobile. How do I optimise for mobile?" Well for this you can check the mobile view in the customize theme setting, open the Shopify store admin page click theme under your shop goto customize and on top right you'll see a desktop icon just before "Live" click on that and select mobile and then you can see how it look in mobile phone.

When I was exploring your store I didn't find a proper description for any product, and also no review section, customers usually find reviews and product descriptions helpful before purchasing any product and also it's an essential part for building the trust of the customers.

In addition, I have checked the On-Page SEO rating of your website which isn’t good enough. You might want to work on that along with the products which have no meta description as meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. The meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better conversions.

Moreover, you can fix your product title for better reach, a title must have the essential information about the product take Amazon’s titles for example. 

I’d really suggest you try Descrii, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings and ultimately gain more traffic and conversion. 

I hope this helps.

Have a nice day

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
745 39 126

Hey, @Ultracleg. Welcome to Shopify and congrats on launching your store. I’m glad to hear you’re enjoying the platform. I see that @EcomGeeks and @FaisalBa have helped you out with some of your questions.

I’m happy to add more insight on your questions here.

Homepage on mobile - What @FaisalBa listed is correct. In your Shopify admin, there is a Theme section where you can open the theme editor to customize your theme and select how you want to view your theme from the theme editor. You can preview the theme for mobile, desktop and fullscreen. I’ve taken some screenshots from my test store to show you what this looks like and you can follow these steps:

• Login to your Shopify Admin
  • Click on Online Store
  • Click on Themes (this is usually clicked by default) 
  • Click on the “Customize” button next to the theme you wish to edit:

20-11-li16y-sgxuv

• On the top right corner, you will see an icon that looks like a desktop computer. If you click on it, you’ll see a dropdown menu with options to view in mobile, desktop or fullscreen like this:

20-11-4vyky-z8640

• Click on the text, “Mobile” to view the theme in mobile. 

It should look like this:

20-11-34ve8-4npa1

Was this what you were looking to do? When you noticed this happening, was this on your phone? If so, what phone are you using and what browser are you using? I would love to take a look at this for you after working with the above steps. 

Facebook Pixel - This is a common error that can appear when some requirements for the Facebook Channel haven’t been met when setting up for marketing on Facebook. Is this what you’re looking to do? 

If so, you will need to make sure these requirements are met:

• You must be the admin of the Facebook Ad Account to connect.
  • You must be the admin of the Facebook Ad Account to associate an existing Business Manager.
  • You cannot be an Advertiser type account for the Facebook Ad account to associate an existing Business Manager.
  • Ad accounts can only be claimed by one Business Manager, and can never be unclaimed.
  • A personal Ad account must have Ad spend on it in order to use, which means you’ve created ads using that Ad account before. 

Our help doc has a list of steps that you can follow to set-up your Facebook Pixel here: Set up the Facebook Channel and Create a Custom Audience. Could you please confirm if you’ve met all of these requirements and have followed these steps?

Offering a discount with your newsletter signups - If you’re looking to have customers sign-up for your newsletter, and provide them with a discount, then I recommend looking at these discount newsletter apps from the Shopify App Store to add this feature on your store. If you’re looking to add only a newsletter with no discount, you can also take a look at our help doc with the steps to add one for any free Shopify theme, here: Adding a newsletter sign-up. 

Adding additional product pages - How are you currently adding your product pages? I recommend adding product pages by following our help doc here: Adding and updating products. You can also add additional pages to your store to display additional information about your products, for example. Check out how to create them here: Add a new webpage to your online store.  

Let me know if this helps you accomplish what you need to do.

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog