Feedback On My New Store!

Hi Everyone,

Hope all is well!

If anyone has a spare two minutes and wouldn't mind taking a quick look at my new site I would greatly appreciate it!

Any feedback would be massively appreciated (the good and the bad)

https://smart-cave.co.uk

Many thanks,

Callum

The Smart Cave
0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1002 137 328

Hey @callumsherin,

Congratulations on the launch of your store! I've taken a look through and have some feedback for you.

screencapture-smart-cave-co-uk-2021-06-22-09_03_03.png

PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS
I’d recommend working on your product descriptions. There are things you can add in and change in order to increase conversions. We did a video all about this which you can watch here:

SEO
One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you  reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here: 

PRODUCTS
As you know, tech products can be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for a pair of headphones or home security in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

Now, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who sells locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local. In addition to this, they can also get products to their customers faster and can offer incentives such as free local delivery.

I would think about all your "whys" and what sets you apart and use that in your marketing and in the text in your store.

SALES CHANNELS
I’d recommend utilizing Shopify’s sales channels for your social media pages. This is going to allow you to tag products that you post on your social media and then have that tag lead to your store. Here is how to implement it for Facebook and Instagram

MARKETING
For you, I’d recommend creating videos to market your products. You can do short 30 second to 1 minute videos for TikTok, IG Reels, Facebook. You can also do longer videos and post them on YouTube or Facebook (I recommend doing both). As for the platforms, right now I personally suggest TikTok & YouTube. You are going to grow way faster on TikTok right now than you could on IG Reels or Facebook.
I can see the potential here, I think a lot of people would love to see this type of content. It’s going to be a double fold success for you because not only can you earn on the platforms themselves (ie. with YouTube you can get AdSense, add affiliate links and do brand deals) but also you are driving traffic to your store and selling there as well. A good example of this in action is the Detail Geek. He has a service based vehicle detailing business and creates YouTube videos of himself detailing vehicles. He will mention products he is using and drive traffic to his online store AND he also earns AdSense money by allowing YouTube to place ads in his videos.
Definitely think this could be great for you, hope you give it a go!

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

Hi @callumsherin

I'm Richard - CRO expert at PageFly - a Free Shopify Landing Page Builder. Congratulations on your new store on Shopify. 

Just take a look at your site and I think it’s quite good in general. 

• The store layout is quite simple, but it’s easy for customers to find products
  • Have an obvious search field on the homepage
  • Use Better Quality Images
  • Your Website Is Responsive on all devices
  • Simple Navigation Bar

But, here I want to add more details to help you make the store perfect and increase the conversion rate:

1. Add Live Chat Support To Your Ecommerce Store

I see that your store has a contact form. But can you ensure that it can deliver a quick response and good experience with customers? For that reason, I suggest you should add a live chat box in your online store so your customer support team can directly chat, answer, interact, and deliver a quick response with your customer. 

Customers value personalized interactions – in fact, 75% consider calls the most effective to get a quick response.

Moreover, you can also increase your conversion rate by adding live chat to different parts of your website (e.g checkout process, product comparison page etc.),.. It’s is because it can help customers solve their concerns right away. 

2. Should add a banner with clear CTA on it. 

Your customer may give their attention to the banner immediately they visit your website. But, Your banner is not stand out enough to convert them to explore more. So, I suggest that you should design a more amazing banner with a clear CTA on it. When your customers look at a website banner, they can understand what you want to communicate that is an actionable item. Your Call to Action may be “shop now”, it may take them to a collection or to a specific product. It could tell them something about a sale that is going on or some sort of marketing event. 

3. Your collection page should use Load more instead of Pagination

“Pagination” is by far the most popular way of loading new items in the product list — 88% of our benchmarked sites use this loading schema. However, testing has shown that subjects had significant difficulty with the “Pagination” loading schema on both desktop and mobile. 

Moreover, when products are separated into separate pages, users can’t compare products in different parts of the list without navigating between pages.

Furthermore, especially on mobile sites, pagination links can be difficult to tap accurately, because they often have small hit areas and are closely spaced

4. Optimize your Store Conversion Rate to generate more sales: 

Conversion rate optimization (CRO) is the process of increasing the percentage of website visitors that convert into a prospect, a Sale Qualified Lead (SQL) or a customer. CRO involves the combined optimization of landing pages, conversion funnel and user experience.

To learn more about Conversion Rate Optimization, you can check out the article: Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO): Best Practices, Tips and Case Studies 

If you feel my answer is helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Happy selling, 

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

Want To Strive The Coolest E-commerce Knowledge? Explore Our FREE Video Resources.

Hi @callumsherin 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions to increase traffic to your store.

->Add Testimonials: Testimonials give customers confidence in your product. They can resolve a customer’s primary concerns, make them feel good about contacting you, and solidify their decision to buy your products. Add testimonials in footer of home page.

->Add blog page: Blog initially used to provide a unique way for people to share their thoughts, feelings, experiences, and opinions and It is a huge opportunity to increase your company's visibility.

->Social login: I would like to suggest social login page like login with facebook, instagram , google ,linked in and twitter. which helps the customer to login easily .

->Videos: You can create a videos on your products and these also you can share on social media pages daily, this will helpful for your conversions.

->As per navigation, customers sometimes may lost track of their products they wished to purchase, try to add Wishlist feature and recently viewed products feature.

->Wishlist : Add 'Wishlist" button beside add to cart . Wishlist will helps us to send emails to customers to drag his intension towards item and make him to buy.

->Recently viewed items: Many customers want to view previous items. If it’s too difficult to view again previous items, they will likely frustrated, and may not purchase anymore. Better to add recently viewed items in product page

->Customer review :Below the product page place customer review about  product. It will give trust about product and  store.
Screenshot (52).png

-> Credits :You can start giving dedication focuses to your customers on various credits like joining, subscription, making a buy, taking into account message pop-ups, sharing or following via web-based media mean referral rewards. This will assist you with captivating your customers and hold them. You can compensate your customers to reclaim those focuses. At the point when you will offer focuses to them they will come back again later on to cause a buy to reclaim those focuses. This energizes rehash buys which expands deals and helps in holding your customers.

Further, if you like to implement customer engagement in your store I suggest you to install our Shopify app Tuecus Customer Account Page. It helps for you Increasing of sales. And it gives you Attractive Customer Dashboard and Raises The Store Revenue. Customizations Available.

Hope this will HELPFUL! If you find it useful, leave a like and accept solution to let me know!

Thanks

Thanks,
team Tuecus

Apps Developer Team |@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3747 214 668

Hey @callumsherinThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here's the feedback on your store:

- Add a call to action button on the banner image of the homepage.

AiTrillion_0-1624429644388.png

- Footer menu looks good.

- Add testimonials/ review carousel on the homepage. It helps in building trust with other visitors.

AiTrillion_1-1624430163905.png

- Add a review section on the product page. Reviews are an important tool as customers read reviews before making a purchase. 

AiTrillion_2-1624430775584.png

- Use engagement tools in your store to maximize customer engagement and reach the visitors/ customers to engage them & drive conversions. Add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. You can retarget customers & send notifications of new updates and offers. It can be sent even when customers are not in your store and bring back the lost customer to your store. You can also send an abandoned cart push notification, it helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor an exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

To add a review section, web push notifications, exit-intent popup you can install the all-in-one Shopify AiTrillion.

P.S- Free plan available, you can install AiTrillion for free here.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.

Many thanks for all the feedback. After reading through all of this I decided to redesign the website.

Please check out the new design here:

smart-cave.co.uk

Really appreciate all the feedback!

The Smart Cave