Feedback On My Store

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

I would like to ask for feedback on my store. I opened my store at the end of December and had a review from Reddit who gave me great insight. I've made lots of changes since then and added a blog that I boost on FB as well as sales advertising on FB, Instagram. I've been getting around 1,000 per week visitors, but very few sales. I don't know what I'm missing so anything you can point out that I need to do I'd love to hear from you. I think I've looked at this so much that I'm feeling lost at this point. Here's the link to my store: https://asilverjewelryaffair.com.

Judith

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello, 

I looked through your website, and I don't normally shop for jewelry, but the quality doesn't seem that high, especially not high enough for the prices you're requesting. Maybe take a look at the profit margin and see if it can be shortened a little bit to make the pricing more appealing to customer's. A sale at a lower profit margin starting out, is better than no sale at a high profit margin. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
386 34 156

Hi Judith, 

I think the main thing that is causing low sales conversions is the product images. You are not a dropshipping company, you have a physical store and the products are all by your side. Hire a professional photographer and take some decent pics of your jewelry pieces. The feedback left previously by @prettyandplus also proves that. The images make it seem like the jewelry pieces are low quality, when zoomed, they look very blurry. Chose a different layout for images on product page, that will show bigger pictures. 

The hero banner pictures look great, I only recommend making the banner bigger and the footer menu smaller. Reduce the logo size and remove the sign about the discount, it is not drawing any attention and taking space for nothing. 

The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand on it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving discount for nothing, give them as rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.

Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer

A better functionality of site along with social engagement can be reached using Growave. It offers Reviews, Rewards, Wishlist, Social Login and 7 more tools all in one platform. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so please let me know by liking this post. 

The best of luck!

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
386 34 156

If you have additional questions, please feel free to ask:) 

- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi,

Thank you so much for the feed back. I believe the pictures that the supplier provided are leading to much of the problem. I'm a quasi drop shipper in that my supplier is local so I deliver shipping tags to him when I have a sale. I do have access to the inventory that I'm photographing as quickly as I can. My question to you is this. Should I replace the supplier images as I go or wait until I have all new images completed? I don't know if the mix of image types will hurt or help. Please let me know what you think. Actually the jewelry is quite nice. I did compare it to a major competitor from the East Coast by purchasing similar items from them to compare and the qualify on my product is much better. Many of my stones are genuine or lab created and all are 100% .925 sterling silver. 

Anything you can suggest would be much appreciated.

Judith

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Thank you for your offer on Growave. I've already signed up with TargetBay so let's see how they do first before I consider making a change. I definaely will keep you in mind.

Judith

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
386 34 156

Hi Judith, 

From the customer's point of view, I would be confused if the quality of images was all different, however leaving the site with the images you currently have  for too long can lead to stagnation. As an idea, you could start replacing the images already, and maybe do a little disclaimer on the site regarding the contrast of qualities. 

- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
386 34 156

Growave does not only offer Reviews, but 10 more functions within. In my opinion, having Wishlist will help, because it has reminder emails within and helps reduce the abandoned cart :) 

- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 124 434

Hey A Silver Jewelry Affair,

I have analyzed that the store looks quite cool and has enormous potential as well. If you like, you can take suggestions. It will make me feel good.
These points will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a lot better sales.

1. Variety in payment gateways apart from "Gpay" and "Paypal" would help in offering different options to the customers to pay according to their requirements.
  2. Want better customer engagement and a lot of sales as well! highlighting "free shipping and discount coupon offers" using a bold unique header template is the first thing to do.
  3. Desiring site popularity! add "New Arrivals" to it and help to keep your customers updated regarding the latest store designs and product updates as well.
  4. Site legitimacy can be increased by adding "Trust Badges" near the site footer.
  5. "Branding" can be most effective once you start adding social links to the site footer like Facebook and Instagram, Twitter, Linked In and many more.
  6. Add "terms and conditions" like Privacy policy, Terms of service, etc to the site footer as these also help in building search engine content.
  7. Improvement in the decisiveness of the customer can be done only if you add product reviews below each item.
  8. Want professionalism! A full-width central banner will serve the purpose and avoid the unwanted white space around as well.
  9. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  10. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

I wish you all the luck and fortune for the coming days.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes