I would be so grateful for any feedback you may have on my Wellness Store. We get decent traffic but not converting into sales.
My Website is: www.thenaturalvibe.ca
Thanks in advance,
Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. We'd be delighted to offer some constructive feedback on the work you have done so far, can you share your store URL so we can take a look?
Please share your store URL. We would love to help you.
@MeganNV, your store looks amazing and very professional. Looks like it's ready to make sales.
- I would like to suggest you to add a loyalty reward program, you can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like on signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, and visiting a store. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically.
Integration of loyalty reward program with web push notification, review, email marketing and with full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales on your store and retain the customers for the long term.
- Add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It can be sent even when customers are not on your store and bring back the losing customer to your store. You can also send an abandoned cart push notification, it helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.
- Add a referral program. A referral program can help optimize your sales cycle, help you produce quality leads, and take your marketing efforts up a notch. People are more like to make a purchase when a product is referred by any friend. You can boost your marketing ROI and drive conversions with referral marketing. Also, it builds up your social proof and social currency, develops an engaging way to communicate with customers in multiple channels and hit right on your target market.
If you would like to implement this integration on your store you can install AiTrillion.com. I am sure you will find it useful. It is a fully integrated and all in one Shopify app. Also, you can track the real-time activity of each and every customer on your store with the help of customer timeline feature that shows the real-time activity of your customers like when did they sign up, when did they redeem the loyalty points, when did they sign up, when the customer was last active so that you can target them accordingly to get conversions.
You have a great store. It feels welcoming and professional. I love how the product images are very simple and the site is easy to browse in.
From the first sight it is hard to tell, what exactly is holding your customers back form actually purchasing the store.
Also, the global pandemic situation should have a positive effect on your sales. People are trying to stay as healthy as possible and keep their immune system boosted at the same time they do not want to go outside to purchase vitamins or supplements, so you are solving their main problems. Aaand you also have groceries. So your niche is currently in a winning position. If possible, invest in ads. Start running ads where people are currently hanging out, maybe youtube? zoom?
1) If you have a lot of traffic but not sales, the saving tool for you would be email campaigns. Now we all know how hard it is to get a person signed up for the newsletter or to create an account. I recommend having a function to log in via Social Media accounts. There are apps for that, and Growave offers it for free.
2) You can start a referral program on your site. That way if a person likes your product, he/she can suggest it to some friends and get discounts for that. The trick is that we tend to trust things that were referred to us by someone we know in person. So chances are one customer will at least bring another one along:)
You can use Growave for that. We have 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. We are offering an extended 60-day trial on the COVID-19 period.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Take care and stay healthy <3
Hey The Natural Vibe,
"The first impression is probably the last one". So, In order to bridge the gap between attracting traffic and receiving sales on your ecommerce store, you need to work on certain important aspects mentioned below as follows:
May the store soon become capable of converting visitor traffic into a lot of customer sales.
Hi @MeganNV ,
Congratulations on your store. Your store is looking amazing. I've some suggestions to improve and to increase the conversion rate.
1. Your store's header menu items are not easily visible. Make it bolder.
2. In the footer change "Contact us " to "Contact Us "
3. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
4. If there are no reviews, it is displaying an empty section. Instead of that show message like "No reviews".
5. On hovering the menu, it should show the sub-menus. Currently, we've to click the menu to get the sub-menu.
6. On clicking the menu "VITAMINS & SUPPLEMENTS ", to get the sub-menus it is redirecting to the section page.
7. While hovering over the product image, it's showing the enlarged portion in another section. Instead of that the product image should be enlarged/zoomed within the product image section only.
8. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
I also did a flare check on your site. You have only 486 results indexed by Google. But your website has 1363+ pages. Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. Plus! only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.
Hope this was helpful!
Hey again @MeganNV!
I've taken a look at your website and I really enjoyed my experience on it. I love the photography on the site, I love the branding and the consistent color palette.
There are only a couple of suggestions I would like to make:
Do you mostly target a local demographic in your marketing?