I started my Australia based site 5 weeks ago. I ran facebook ads, seen people came to store but no sell yet.
My Store address: https://oztechbuddy.com.au
I will be very happy if you guys give me some feedback and tips on my store to improve it.
Congratulations for your store!!
I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:
Hey Oztech Buddy,
Keep the following points in mind for better store optimization:
All the best!
Hello @oztech-buddy ,
I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.
I hope our feedback helps you.
Going through previous posts I agree on all the points.
From a UI/UX perspective perhaps think of the below.
- Product pages (desktop) - Try and have expandable description/features, when looking at some of the "compatible devies" section it is MASSIVE and comes off looking broken or unfinished. So a simple click to expand can tidy that up for you.
- Product pages - some people will say hide the SKU option, most consumers have no idea what that is and in my experience it stops random complaints (once had a customer complain the discount code isnt working, after some digging they were trying to use the SKU as a code....).
- Landing - Try and keep banners consistent sizes.
- Consider integrating a good EDM service and have pop up offers for new users navigating to your store, that way you can retarget them easilly down the line. Use it also to set up some automated emails (abandoned cart, birthday offers, restock notices etc).
Solid start, clean site.
I checked your website and it looks pretty good. I would like to share a couple of feedbacks,
1. Add Wishlist to your website. They are a great way to alert customers about a sale, drive traffic to your site. Also, you can do more target-oriented email campaigns. Also, Add to Cart and Checkout Page needs to have a bit more planning - like giving users a visual checkout process, and option to continue shopping from the checkout page. Give this a read, you'll find more tip: https://neilpatel.com/blog/40-checkout-page-strategies/
2. Invite customers to be part of your community. Get your blog up running & keep publishing fresh content out once in two weeks and this will allow you to drive traffic, help in starting conversations, and build credibility.
3. Use alerts / push-notifications to increase sales. Studies have found that these alerts can boost your app open-rates by 25% and app retention by 92%. A simple alert for updates and sales can benefit sales a lot. Make sure though, that they're not spammed when 3-4 alerts on website.
4. Revamp your 'About Us' page. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers.
Do give a read to this article: https://www.shopify.in/blog/how-to-write-an-about-us-page
5. The main banner (header banner) at the homepage is blurred, please use a high-quality image.
6. Have a featured collection based on your offers, new arrivals, best sellers, etc. This will grab the attention of customers when they browse homepage itself. Also adding product labels/stickers like Sale, Fast Selling, Free Shipping can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Having more graphic stickers rather than tags will stand out and grab customers' attention faster. Check out this app here, for applying product labels/trust badges instantly!
Do let me know if you require any more help, I'm happy to be of assistance.
I agree with the other posters here to fix some of those issues. But right now we can only point out things we see.
There's a lot of the process we can't see.
My advice is to start tracking your data and then make the changes and see if it impacts your metrics. You need to look at it from different perspectives not just conversion rate, but bounce rate, time on page, cart abandonment rate, and product detail view rate at the minimum to understand what can be improved.
If you would like, I can provide a free analytics consultation which involves:
If you are interested just send me your email in a private message and we can work together more efficiently via email.
If you have any questions, I'm open to being fully transparent. I'm really just looking for some positive reviews for my app.