Feedback On Our New Store Please

Tourist
10 0 1

Hi guys, our website is up and running, please take a look and give us some feedback. Thank tons!!! http://www.celestineclouds.com

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
29 0 3

Beautiful products!

Here's my 2¢

The first image that comes up on the carousel isn't high enough resolution. Also, Carousel images should change quicker I think. 

Change "Collections" to "Shop" in your main menu possibly? I think it's more clear.

On the collection pages, can you make it less items per row so that the individual images can be larger? I don't think you are doing these beautiful items justice by having so many per page. You can't see the details when the thumbnails are so small. 

Contact us - why don't you add a form to make it easier for customers to send you a message? At the very least make your email address a hotlink.

Best of luck with your shop!

0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 1

Thanks Julia!!!

I will get the first image in carousel fixed and also the contact form. 

The funny thing about the collection page is even if I reduce the amount of product displayed by half, the image still appear really small.  I am thinking maybe the theme does not allow me to do that, which is kinda frustrating.

0 Likes
7 0 0

Hey Sharity! 

You're products are so beautiful and touch on a lot of popular trends, you definitely have a winning brand going on! It's amazing that you make your own products, and with some real good investment on your SEO I think you'll have a dedicated following in no time! :)

On that same note, I think it would be worth your while to seriously consider a paid theme. I know it may seem like a pain to pay for a theme, but I think it'll add value to your store. (I'm getting real here so sorry if this feels harsh) When I opened your site I was surprised that you were the actually craftsmen of the product. This free theme's style is something I associate with products made in en-mass in factories. Your products are spectacular and you have stellar pictures! Pitch in the extra dough to have a site that is spectacular too! It'll highlight the value of your items.

Try and make your font larger (16pt) in your descriptions, I'm squinting a bit trying to read them and I don't even need glasses. 

Take away non-descript phrases like "Welcome" and add things like slogans. Nowadays, brands are also statements of a chosen lifestyle, reinforce that with your content. 

There are far too many products on the front page. Try to keep it down to 4 (max 8 if you feel you REALLY have to). These items are really only there to entice. Curate them carefully and they'll draw clients in on their own. If there's a certain line you don't have on your homepage (says combs) don't worry, social media will be a great way to let the world know that you don't only carry jewelry.
When choosing photos for the home page try to make sure they all have similar backgrounds and background colour schemes. It looks messy if you have different photo colour schemes all bunched together.In your case choose either only wood backgrounds, only white(s) or only purple.

If you're having any trouble ask a Guru! They're really great support and can be available in an instant through chat!

Just out of curiosity, do you offer custom products? I know for some people it takes away the fun, but you can make some big bucks by offering a limited amount of custom pieces per year to really make it worth your while! People are always looking for funky wedding rings, and the wedding industry get money perpetually thrown at it. 

Hope this helps!

Kat

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
189 0 19

Hey there!

Just one thing I found. Mailchimp seems to not be activated on your theme, but the email collection slot is. 

So when people type in their email right now it pops a 404 page as Mailchimp isnt activated. Could lead to a few "Why does your website ________" type questions in your inbox.

To fix, just follow this quick guide! Or just disable the email collection in your theme editor. :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Thank you so much Keegan, I will get it fixed =)

1 Like
7 0 0

Hey Sharity! 

You're products are so beautiful and touch on a lot of popular trends, you definitely have a winning brand going on! It's amazing that you make your own products, and with some real good investment on your SEO I think you'll have a dedicated following in no time! :)

On that same note, I think it would be worth your while to seriously consider a paid theme. I know it may seem like a pain to pay for a theme, but I think it'll add value to your store. (I'm getting real here so sorry if this feels harsh) When I opened your site I was surprised that you were the actually craftsmen of the product. This free theme's style is something I associate with products made in en-mass in factories. Your products are spectacular and you have stellar pictures! Pitch in the extra dough to have a site that is spectacular too! It'll highlight the value of your items.

Try and make your font larger (16pt) in your descriptions, I'm squinting a bit trying to read them.

Take away non-descript phrases like "Welcome" and add things like slogans. Nowadays, brands are also statements of a chosen lifestyle, reinforce that with your content. 

There are far too many products on the front page. Try to keep it down to 4 (max 8 if you feel you REALLY have to). These items are really only there to entice. Curate them carefully and they'll draw clients in on their own. If there's a certain line you don't have on your homepage (says combs) don't worry, social media will be a great way to let the world know that you don't only carry jewelry.

When choosing photos for the home page try to make sure they all have similar backgrounds and background colour schemes. It looks messy if you have different photo colour schemes all bunched together.In your case choose either only wood backgrounds, only white(s) or only purple.

If you're having any trouble ask a Guru! They're really great support and can be available in an instant through chat!

Just out of curiosity, do you offer custom products? I know for some people it takes away the fun, but you can make some big bucks by offering a limited amount of custom pieces per year to really make it worth your while! People are always looking for funky wedding rings, and the wedding industry get money perpetually thrown at it. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
81 0 7

Hey there,

If you're looking to reduce the amount of items per row and make the images larger, shoot us an email at support@shopify.com with that request! Our Theme Support team can take a look and fix that up for you :)

-Andrew

0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 1

Thank you Andrew, I actually already contacted Shopify. One member from the theme team got back to me. She said even though it is possible to have 4 products per row while keeping the wide layout in Minimal Theme ( the theme I am using), but it is outside of the scope of the design support on Shoplify end T_T. 

0 Likes