Lizzy here, from Shopify!
I'd be happy to take a look at your store for you to see what advice I could offer. Please could you share a link with us here?
That way members of the community will be able to contribute.
Thank you, and looking forward to seeing your site!
Wow @mtanna , you have a unique brand. I truly have never seen a site selling things for wild birds. At first, I thought it was a store that sells cages and toys for birds, but your idea is much better and very environment friendly. Love it!
There one thing though, since a lot of people are facing financial constraints due to losing their jobs, I think the sells could be quite challenging to get. People are spending their money mostly on the basic necessities. So do not quit on you idea, I guess you just have to wait for the pandemic to be over and when everything is back to normal, I am sure you will succeed. In the meantime, you can work on improving the site. And here are some tips on how to do that:
1) I assume you are making the products by yourself. If so, try to take better pictures of the products. Make them more colorful and summery. At the moment it gives more "autumn" vibes, but I think summer makes people more happy so they will lean towards something that is associated with it. If possible, add more than one image of an item.
2) Same thing goes for the hero banner, they look blurry and "cold". Use higher resolution and better quality images, because hero banner creates the first impression.
3) Add some photos to the About us sections. Make it more personal.
4) Write a post about how wild birds are an important part of environment. Maybe even add a post with birds that are going extinct.
5)Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
6)90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is a social proof. In my opinion that is an essential of every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site.
7)You must be aware that it is not every person can do. If they live in urban area, there will be no reason of them doing it. So use such information and create targeted ads. But before you spend money on that, make sure the site is ready to sell (by doing the rest of the recommendations)
For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. There is a Free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Take care and stay healthy <3
Hey Wild Bird Place,
"Homepage is the key area of the user journey of any ecommerce store".Hence, it needs to be "eye-catching" in order to convince the user to buy. Pay attention to the below tips to improve your sales rate:
Expecting the first sale for your store very soon.
Hello @mtanna ,
I've taken a look at your store. Unique site! I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate.
1. There is more space above the logo. You can reduce the extra space.
2. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
3. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
4. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
5. Add social media for the store to increase the traffic
6. You can improve the image quality. Try to maintain the same image size while listing products. Some product images can't be zoom much.
7. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
8. In the checkout page, the content on the right side (where you're listing the products in cart, total and all) is not visible because of the image. Either change the image or adjust the font color/size so that it's visible.
I also did a flare check on your site. You have only 31 results indexed by Google. But your website has 153+ pages. Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. Plus! only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.
Hope this was helpful!
I'm Victor and happy to share some thoughts on your site:
You have a good structure on your homepage, with slideshow, feature collection, etc. But something need improvement is:
- The slideshow should be invested more with HD images, bespoke images with your products would showcase what you're selling
- Use Header and CTA in the slideshow too
The collection title should not be ALL CAPITALIZE, it's harder for visitors to read your text.
2. Product page
Once again, you should pay attention to the visual, images, should have 3-5 product images from multiple angles, "zoom in" or "magnifier" is must-have too. Always use ‘Feature Callout’ Images.
Also customize your product page with more content such as Video, Images, Testimonial, etc. If your theme doesn't have that, you can consider using page builder if you're not comfortable with coding.
Use product images with the same size so your product list layout can be aligned well. The below section is messed up because of each product image has different size.
You can read more about how to increase your store conversion rate here.
If you have more questions about store personalization or technical question, you can drop your message in this post: https://community.shopify.com/c/Feedback-On-My-Store/Shopify-Store-Design-Q-amp-A-Feedback-To-Your-S...
Hope you find this helpful,
Thanks so much for sharing your link, @mtanna!
I've had a read through the responses here so far and it looks like you've been given a large variety of fantastic pointers. Thank you everyone for contributing!
I think you've done a fantastic job on your site so far. It is easy to navigate and I knew right away what you were selling. To echo a few of the points here, I would recommend revisiting the images you have in your slideshow right at the top of the page. Try reducing the size of your slideshow, or uploading images with a higher resolution! When I viewed them they were a little blurry, as you can see here:
While not the end of the world, paying attention to small details like this can go a long way in building customer trust!
I also wanted to address the point you had made about not having had any sales since launching your store. More often than not, sales and traffic will be attributed to marketing. How have you been marketing your business so far?
If marketing is something you're not familiar with, it can seem like a daunting, and expensive task, but it doesn't have to be! With a bit of research and some dedicated time your business can start growing before you know it. This podcast episode talks about how one business launched without any ad spend at all!
Have you considered reaching out to people who are part of gardening clubs local to you? While many sales have reduced at this time, there are several people with a bit more time on their hands, who have taken to tending to their gardens. Finding these people and sharing your products with them could be a good way to get your foot in the door!
To stay in tune with the current state of the world, you may find a positive reaction if you consider donating a selection of products to places in your community that could use a little uplift, or by choosing to donate some of your proceeds to a helpful cause! Places like shelters, abuse hotlines, food banks, medical facilities and many more are all currently under strain.
Feel free to comment back here with any questions or thoughts on what we've said!