First off, congratulations on getting your business started on Shopify. I would be happy to give you some feedback on your store.
The first thing that sticks out to me as an important factor to consider is your store design. I recommend checking out our Shopify design articles to get inspiration and ideas on how to build a great looking webpage with Shopify. Homepage Design 101 is a recommended resource to check out!
I'd also recommend devoting your top menu exclusively to Shopping based links. Don't just everything behind a single 'Shop Now' dropdown. The result should be reflected in an increased add-to-cart rate. You can take this a step further by investing in a third-party Mega Menu app, such as Buddha Mega Menu. It is a feature-rich app that offers a wide variety of great features. Feel free to check out their app demo, here.
I'd also like to see your product descriptions be more engaging and descriptive. We have a guide on writing persuasive product descriptions to help increase your sales.
I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.
Hi @Becky12 !
Welcome to Shopify family and congrats on your store! I have the following recommendations to your store:
1. Add the "About us" page - I could not find it.
2. There are no trust badges at your checkout page, try adding them as trust badges help your customers know that your site is safe to shop
I can see that you are using already Reward program, and I would like to recommend you one app, that offers you 6 GREAT FEATURES - that will not only increase conversion and customer base, but also bring sales.
3. Hero banner - on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
4. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
5. Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.Your e-commerce blog will not only drive more traffic to your website—but it will increase your conversions too. Your blog will make you feel more credible and relatable, which will provide new clients with a greater sense of confidence in their purchases.
6. If your website is credible, you’ll be able to generate more site traffic. One of the best ways to gain credibility is to leverage your relationships with influencers. You can approach this tactic in many different ways. If you have the means, you can use celebrities to promote your brand. That’s because these people are already known and trusted. Working with a celebrity shows your brand is legitimate. The problem is it’s obvious to consumers these celebrities are getting paid to pitch your products or services. As an alternative solution, you can use micro-influencers. One of the top reasons why I’m an advocate for using micro-influencers is because they have high engagement rates with their followers.
7. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
8. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
9. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
10. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
11. Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter has purchased something from your store. With referral programs, it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave. because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
I have visited your store and would like to give you some suggestions
I hope this helps.
Hi @Becky12 ,
Congratulations on your store!
I have a few comments and recommendations for it :). I will start from top to bottom so you can easily track it.
- For your promotion banner, you should link it to the product page or sales page.
- Next, make your header sticky. This will better navigate your customers once they're in the store and scrolling down to see your products. If they want to discover more, they don't have to scroll all the way back up, thus, better user experience.
- For your first photo of the page: I think it's zoomed in too much and not a good quality image. Try replacing that.
- The words on the photo: the text is a bit plain at the moment and some words (Twisted sisters..) are not in the picture. So first thing, adjust that to be level with the image in the page. Then, putting a short description will definitely make the customers understand about your page, product or even your business' direction. And/Or you can implement hyperlinks to the text or photo, or call-to-action button like Shop now (leading to a product or a collection page).
- Your product images are limited. It is suggested to have 3-5 images for each product from different angle. The customers will have a better look on it and may proceed to make a purchase because they know exactly how the product is.
- Throughout the page, your products don't have a price yet. Prices are important to customers when they first visit your page and might even do not know about you yet. So definitely put prices on each product you have.
- You should adjust your font to be synchronized. Same font for product title, another one font for product descriptions etc. And still, do not forget to add prices and call-to-action buttons.
blog , image videos
- If you can, try creating blog posts or short videos about the products. Blogs could also be about your brand story or how to. Then add more sections of these to your page.
- Another section to add to your page is reviews and/ or social media proof (Instagram feed for example). This will make your page look more credible, and based on other customers' experience, people are more likely to decide to buy your products.
- Lastly, in your footer, you should create more pages such as About us, Return Policy, Exchange Policy, Product Warranty etc. These are also extremely important information that customers want to see.
I think that should all cover your page as you're new. I'm sure you can find a lot more interesting features to add to your page while you're learning.
If you want to, you can try out a page builder called PageFly. You check it out quickly here to know how to optimize your home page. I'm certain that you can find lots of useful elements to add to your page with that page builder. Please like if you think this is helpful for you.
All the best.
Hello @Becky12 ,
I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.
I hope our feedback helps you.
I checked your store, which looks good but needs some improvement. Let me share a couple of feedbacks:
1. The homepage looks cluttered as of now. I would suggest to keep a main banner at the top and highlight a few collections (Featured, Best Seller and New Arrivals). The images are all blurred, and there's no uniformity in image sizes, text placement, and font sizes. Keep in mind that the homepage should be engaging customers, but also not too cluttered which might make your customers bounce off.
2. Good navigation provides an improved user experience leading to more sales and revenue. Improve the top navigation bar (meaning to reposition and highlight the bar) so that customers can quickly browse through your catalog and collections.
3. Add an 'About Us' page. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. Read this blog on the potential of About Us page: https://www.shopify.in/blog/how-to-write-an-about-us-page
4. Please add your social pages, to show your social presence. I recommend you to strengthen your social activity on Facebook and Instagram by posting on regularly, and connecting with similar communities as this will increase awareness and publicity of your website and help in having more traffic. Also getting a social media influencer to promote your merch is also a good way to get high traffic to your store.
5. I noticed that the product descriptions are not descriptive, A brief info about the product is required. Why? Because you can use potential keywords in such circumstances that are likely used on search engines. (try out this https://kwfinder.com/ to find phrases that are related to the keyword and also have a high search volume.) This will help increase organic traffic (google)
6. Show off the products: People tend to rely on engaging visuals to help drive their purchases. Since online buyers do not have the option to experience your products in-person, it's important to draw them in with great product photos, and right now your images are of low-res and small. More on visual cues that can help make your store a better shopping experience can be read here.
7. Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.
8. Have a featured collection based on your offers, new arrivals, best sellers, etc. This will grab the attention of customers when they browse homepage itself. Also adding more graphic product labels/stickers like Sale, Fast Selling, Free Shipping can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. You can read more about it here.
Hope these feedbacks help.
Hello @Becky12 and Trish,
Welcome to the Shopify community!
I really like the bracelet products that you sell. I think you should totally add an "About us" page and include your brand story on how Twisted sisters began. This is an important part of creating a voice for your brand and introduces customers to who you are as a company. This builds up customers' trust, which increases conversions. Check out this blog post for some tips on writing an effective "About Us" page: http://bit.ly/2oayAha.
It is also important that you have a well-presented homepage in order to obtain higher conversion rate. The homepage should display what the customer to see most first and also, you should add a few more sections to feature your key products.You want your customer‘s to have a high quality experience on your site if customers have to scroll to find something, they are more likely to leave your site.Take a look at example stores here to give you a good idea of how sections can help the aesthetic of your homepage: http://bit.ly/2BzLCb0.
Customers will also usually want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase,by adding a FAQ section customer can easily find a solution to their problems without asking you.This helps your customer make a decision to purchase more easily and also reduces the effort you will need to put in on customer support in the long run.
Good luck on your business!
The first thing that scream at me from your website: there is no effort to "calm" first time users that you are not only legit but credible brand, with a great related story-telling. You are doing same mistake that most websites do: loading your product catalog right at the very first page they'll see...
Once it's done, hiring social media influencers that are very very related to what you do will bring awareness and trust.