Feedback Please

Solved
aj_whitfield
3 0 0

Just launched my TShirt store and would love some feedback please:  

https://annietees.myshopify.com/?key=2236410f4fe4027018d02af223276becfdb2a3d9b554ff25e045977053a544a...

Thank you!

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
460 66 107

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @aj_whitfield!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. I've had a look at your site and have some great ideas for you. You've made a great start and your site looks really good. I've got some simple tidying up tips for you to take it to the next level.

First up, have you thought of purchasing a custom domain? Purchasing a custom domain allows you to create your own URL and removes the need for the free .myshopify.com URL. Whilst this is not an essential change, it can help build customer trust and loyalty. If you're unsure of where to start or how to purchase domains, we've created a great guide to help you out. You can check it out here.

Next up, let's take a look at your menus. Adding product collections makes it super easy for your customers to find exactly what they're looking for. Once you've added some collections, you can link them into your menu and navigation by heading to Online Store > Navigation. Here, you'll be able to create menu's to help your customers navigate your store a lot easier.

Finally, I noticed there are blank image placements at the bottom of your homepage. Are you still working on them? Once you've finished your store, feel free to reply to this post and we can do another overview of the changes you've made.

It sounds like you're almost ready to launch your store, which means it's time to market! I recommend checking out Shopify Compass. Shopify Compass provides you with webinars and courses on things like store design, marketing and more. It's 100% free for everyone and new content is being added all the time. This program will help you drive more traffic into your store and also convert that traffic into sales.

Have you heard about the Shopify Blog? It's got loads of great content on ways for you to drive sales into your store. I've got some great recommendations below that I'd recommend taking a look at:

Driving Traffic but No Sales?
* We give you 13 steps to improve your conversions.
* Who is your target audience, and does your sites look and feel cater to them?
* Is your business trustworthy? (Also see the next recommendation below for more on this)

The 39-Point Store Trust Checklist
* Work through a checklist to make sure your store is trusted by potential customers.
* Look at the "nice to haves" vs "must-haves" in your store.
* Do you have essential information for your customers to view, like policies?

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

aj_whitfield
3 0 0

Thank you so much for taking the time to give your feedback.  You have offered some very useful tips!

One issue I am having now though is deciding on shipping rates. Any advice on this?

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
460 66 107

Hi, again @aj_whitfield!

I'm so pleased to hear the suggestions were helpful. You've made a great start so I'm excited to see what changes you can implement to make the site even better. When it comes to shipping rates, it's totally up to you as to how you charge them, but I'm happy to give you some tips and suggestions.

Your shipping pricing structure can work in any way you'd like. Some businesses offer free shipping and incorporate the shipping costs in their products. Others will charge a flat rate for shipping. I'll use these two examples to help you decide using your product pricing of $14.95 as the standard.

Let's say the tees cost you $10 to purchase and $2 to ship. This means you pay $12, which gives you a profit of $2.95 for each tee sold. You could increase your product to $19.95 which would increase your profit to $7.95 and provide free shipping to your customers at the same time.

Alternatively, you could choose to charge a flat rate for shipping - let's use $5.00 as an example. As your product pricing is $14.95, your customers would be charged a total of $19.95 including shipping. You'd still make the same profit as the first example.

Once you've chosen the appropriate pricing structure for your shipping, you'll be ready to set it up. We've got a guide on shipping rates that will help you out with this.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

0 Likes
aj_whitfield
3 0 0

Thanks for the tips.  Just wish I could get an order.  The prices seem high though but right now my profit is $5.  I'm wondering if it's worth the effort.  Can you give feedback on my shirts?

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
460 66 107

Hey, @aj_whitfield!

The best advice I could give right now when it comes to your pricing is to try to be competitive and do your research. You could have the greatest shirts in the world and still struggle to convert traffic into sales if your pricing structure is off. My suggestion is to take a look at other similar stores and their pricing to see if you're in line. If your current supplier has high pricing, it may best to check out some other print on demand suppliers that may offer cheaper products or shipping. I've recommended a couple below to help you get started.

• Gelato

• Local printing in 32 countries. Delivery to 200 countries within an average of 72 hours.
    • T-shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies, wall art, photo products, acrylic and metallic print, mugs and more.
    • 24/7 Customer Support in EU, US and Asia. Millions of print orders shipped globally.
  • SPOD

• Instantly get orders produced, packed and shipped within 48-hours globally.
    • Wow your customers with the option to personalize products using text, 50K free designs, and more!
    • Sell top-notch products with the best margins and shipping rates in the on-demand world.

Apart from your pricing structure, customers love a good deal! On top of competitive prices, have a think about starting an email marketing campaign and run some promotions. Email marketing is a great way to gain more potential customers through the sign up of their email. You can then notify those customers of new products and any deals or discounts your offering. Shopify Compass has some great courses on this.

A great place to start is Shopify Email. From templates to tracking, Shopify Email gives you the tools to build lasting customer relationships. And with no experience needed, you’ll look like an expert right from the start. With Shopify Email, you can:

• Choose from ready-made designs

• Save time with templates that automatically pull branding and products from your store.
  • Send from your domain

• Build brand recognition at every customer touchpoint, starting with the inbox.
  • Manage your campaigns within Shopify

• Use your dashboard to send, manage, and analyze all marketing activities.

To learn more about Shopify Email, check out our guide on how to set up Shopify Email.

If Shopify Email is not for you, please check out some of our popular email marketing apps below.

• Seguno

• Free plan available. Additional charges may apply.
    • Email marketing right inside your Shopify Admin, Mobile App, and Marketing campaigns. Get started in minutes, no scripts or theme mods.
    • Built only for commerce, features like unique discount codes better personalize your marketing and grow revenue while protecting profits.
  • Klaviyo

• Free to install. Additional charges may apply.
    • Integrate your Shopify data with a single click. Klaviyo offers over 100 pre-built integrations with top e-commerce tools—no coding required.
    • Use all your e-commerce data to send targeted email and SMS messages that win new customers and keep them coming back.

I have no doubt with a great website, product and marketing strategy that you'll be successful in your business ventures. We're always here to help guide you too, so please don't hesitate to get in touch with any further questions you may have.

0 Likes
ahmed_essam
4 0 0

ur store looks great, but there is something you could do, is to offer discount for volume quantity orders, this will encourage your customers to order more.

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2976 171 548

Hello @aj_whitfield, I hope you are doing well! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

The first fold of the website should always have a call to action in it - And here’s why; in most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions.

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.

- Add a favicon. Add a footer menu.

- Add reviews on the product page.

- You need to engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.

Start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, sharing or following on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and help in retaining your customers.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes