Feedback Please

Highlighted
2 0 0

I've been thinking I published this site right after the turn of the year and have yet to receive an order. Does it look to you as if I'm published and ready to accept orders? Any other feedback is welcomed.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 126

Hey @mtanna!

Lizzy here, from Shopify!

I'd be happy to take a look at your store for you to see what advice I could offer. Please could you share a link with us here?

That way members of the community will be able to contribute.

Thank you, and looking forward to seeing your site!

Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
The website is www.wildbirdplace.com. Thank you
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
386 34 155

Wow @mtanna , you have  a unique brand. I truly have never seen a site selling things for wild birds. At first, I thought it was a store that sells cages and toys for birds, but your idea is much better and very environment friendly. Love it!

There one thing though, since a lot of people are facing financial constraints due to losing their jobs, I think the sells could be quite challenging to get. People are spending their money mostly on the basic necessities. So do not quit on you idea, I guess you just have to wait for the pandemic to be over and when everything is back to normal, I am sure you will succeed. In the meantime, you can work on improving the site. And here are some tips on how to do that:

1) I assume you are making the products by yourself. If so, try to take better pictures of the products. Make them more colorful and summery. At the moment it gives more "autumn" vibes, but I think summer makes people more happy so they will lean towards something that is associated with it. If possible, add more than one image of an item.

2) Same thing goes for the hero banner, they look blurry and "cold". Use higher resolution and better quality images, because hero banner creates the first impression. 

3) Add some photos to the About us sections. Make it more personal. 

4) Write a post about how wild birds are an important part of environment. Maybe even add a post with birds that are going extinct. 

5)Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer

6)90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is a social proof. In my opinion that is an essential of every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site.

7)You must be aware that it is not every person can do. If they live in urban area, there will be no reason of them doing it. So use such information and create targeted ads. But before you spend money on that, make sure the site is ready to sell (by doing the rest of the recommendations)

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. There is a Free plan available. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Take care and stay healthy <3

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 123 433

Hey Wild Bird Place,

"Homepage is the key area of the user journey of any ecommerce store".Hence, it needs to be "eye-catching" in order to convince the user to buy. Pay attention to the below tips to improve your sales rate:

• Include "prompt CTA buttons" to the "hero banner" of your store that syncs well with your store theme & branding.
  • "Professional hero banner" should be full width for facilitating a "decent site view".
  • Including "promotional offers" using "catchy taglines" in the header template like "Last Chance! Free shipping on all orders ends today" will create a sense of urgency to buy a product.
  •  Some images should be added to the "About Us" section to make it a little "more expressive".
  • "Facebook is the largest online platform in the world where you can connect with your market and audience". Apart from it, add Instagram, Twitter and Linked In to the site footer as well as they are a great source of advertising as well.
  •  You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Expecting the first sale for your store very soon.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
338 26 100

Hello @mtanna ,

I've taken a look at your store. Unique site! I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate.

1. There is more space above the logo. You can reduce the extra space.

2. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.

3. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.

4. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.

5. Add social media for the store to increase the traffic

6. You can improve the image quality. Try to maintain the same image size while listing products. Some product images can't be zoom much.

7. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.

8. In the checkout page, the content on the right side (where you're listing the products in cart, total and all) is not visible because of the image. Either change the image or adjust the font color/size so that it's visible.

I also did a flare check on your site. You have only 31 results indexed by Google. But your website has 153+ pages. Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. Plus! only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!

Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @mtanna,

I'm Victor and happy to share some thoughts on your site:

1. Homepage

You have a good structure on your homepage, with slideshow, feature collection, etc. But something need improvement is:

- The slideshow should be invested more with HD images, bespoke images with your products would showcase what you're selling

- Use Header and CTA in the slideshow too

The collection title should not be ALL CAPITALIZE, it's harder for visitors to read your text.

2. Product page

Once again, you should pay attention to the visual, images, should have 3-5 product images from multiple angles, "zoom in" or "magnifier" is must-have too. Always use ‘Feature Callout’ Images.

Also customize your product page with more content such as Video, Images, Testimonial, etc. If your theme doesn't have that, you can consider using page builder if you're not comfortable with coding.

Use product images with the same size so your product list layout can be aligned well. The below section is messed up because of each product image has different size.

imagess.png

You can read more about how to increase your store conversion rate here.

If you have more questions about store personalization or technical question, you can drop your message in this post: https://community.shopify.com/c/Feedback-On-My-Store/Shopify-Store-Design-Q-amp-A-Feedback-To-Your-S...

Hope you find this helpful,

Cheers

- Do you need to customize your landing page, product page, blog, coming soon, FAQ, about us pages? Check out PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 126

Thanks so much for sharing your link, @mtanna!

I've had a read through the responses here so far and it looks like you've been given a large variety of fantastic pointers. Thank you everyone for contributing!

I think you've done a fantastic job on your site so far. It is easy to navigate and I knew right away what you were selling. To echo a few of the points here, I would recommend revisiting the images you have in your slideshow right at the top of the page. Try reducing the size of your slideshow, or uploading images with a higher resolution! When I viewed them they were a little blurry, as you can see here:

While not the end of the world, paying attention to small details like this can go a long way in building customer trust!

I also wanted to address the point you had made about not having had any sales since launching your store. More often than not, sales and traffic will be attributed to marketing. How have you been marketing your business so far?

If marketing is something you're not familiar with, it can seem like a daunting, and expensive task, but it doesn't have to be! With a bit of research and some dedicated time your business can start growing before you know it. This podcast episode talks about how one business launched without any ad spend at all!

Have you considered reaching out to people who are part of gardening clubs local to you? While many sales have reduced at this time, there are several people with a bit more time on their hands, who have taken to tending to their gardens. Finding these people and sharing your products with them could be a good way to get your foot in the door! 

To stay in tune with the current state of the world, you may find a positive reaction if you consider donating a selection of products to places in your community that could use a little uplift, or by choosing to donate some of your proceeds to a helpful cause! Places like shelters, abuse hotlines, food banks, medical facilities and many more are all currently under strain.

Feel free to comment back here with any questions or thoughts on what we've said!

Thank you,

Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes