Feedback Please

Woodley25
Tourist
12 0 2

I have spent a ton of time building my store and making sure it functions correctly. Have Facebook ads with lots of traffic but still no sales. I ask that you be honest and open , I can handle criticism:)

bat-flip@my.shopify.com

https://batflipshop.com/

Dear @Woodley25 

Congratulations for your store!

Hope following suggestions will help you

batflispeed.png

• Add favicon
  • Header and Footer Area need to Improve
  • Open Social profile at new tab and add policies pages at footer
  • Add Custom Slider(Hero banners) with Call to Action
  • Highlight your USP - What's unique about you and your brand that none of the other Shopify merchants have? This needs to be highlighted in your store presentation, features & more.
  • Human Touch : About you and your business - Highlight what makes you different and personalize your offerings when you write about your brand in a custom About Us section.Example of Nice Home page
  • Add Featured / Bestseller products at home page - Engage your customers by letting them know the bestseller products on your store.
  • Clear product title and description , high quality images , reviews , related products , color swatch function, grey effect for sold out products , product labels , product quick view - All these features make your store much more convenient, authentic, easy to use and user-friendly.
  • Add Promotional banner on collection page - You can show images of featured, bestseller or popular products on the collection page banner. Example of Good Collection Page
  • Product page layout needs to improve.Example of Ideal Product Page
  • Do Cart Page Modification : discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc. - Personalize your customer's shopping experience with these features on your cart page.
  • Do some ON PAGE SEO
Best Regards
MS Web Designer| MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
Was our reply helpful? Please Like or Accept solution
0 Likes
Mihir_Gupta_
Shopify Partner
247 9 74

Hey there @Woodley25 Here's what I'd like to suggest - 

1. If you look at your homepage, then it looks blurry to me! Maybe because of the grey background. Try and revamp your homepage and come up with another color combination. 

2. Then in your product pages, you have not uploaded product description! Don't do that. Product descriptions are a great part of your store's SEO! 

3. I guess you've forgotten to add a favicon to your store. 

4. If all your product images are in a white background, then you could come up with a theme that has a white background too .. this way your store would look pretty neat and clean! 

6. You could add more CTAs like a spin wheel! this way you'll be able to capture email IDs! 

I'm from CedCommerce - a team of coders and marketing enthusiasts who help eCommerce entrepreneurs with store set-up and customizations! 

We'll be happy to assist you with any kind of customization; add-ons or planning out sales/marketing/social media strategy! 

As a Shopify store owner, you need to know the course of your journey!

It's going to help you throughout your time in the eCommerce! 

Ps. We're just a message away!

Wish you luck with your Shopify store journey! Cheers! .-. 

Helping store owners in their smooth eCommerce journey! ;)
0 Likes
MansionEcom
Shopify Partner
397 33 125

Hello @Woodley25,

I've taken a look at your store. I've some suggestions for improvement.

1. Add favicon to your store which is a small square image/logo that appears next to a web address. Favicon helps to strengthen your brand and add a polished look to your website.
2. Try changing the theme color grey as it seems very basic.
3. Add a detailed product description in all product pages.
4. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
5. Add Contact Us page for better customer interaction.
6. Add actual testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
7. Optimize your footer with a more professional and functional look. Add pages like Contact Us, About Us, Privacy Policy, Terms of Service, etc to the footer.
8. A FAQ would be useful!
9. Add About Us page which is a reflection of the purpose and personality of the business.
10. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
11. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)
12. Create social media accounts other than Facebook(as you already have it) for your store. Having social accounts is a great way to grow your business, allowing you to tap into new audiences and gain more customers.

Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!
Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
0 Likes

Hi @Woodley25 ,

I just take a look into your store I'd like to share some of my thoughts on what is already good and what can be improved.

1. What is already good?

I like your products, they are both helpful and meaningful, and it is demonstrated with great passion and devotion I can feel.  Your conversational language makes me feel very comfortable and welcomed, like a friend to me. Free Shipping banner is on the top of the page and catches visitors’ attention right the time they come into your page, which is great!

2. What can be improved

a. Header

Your logo is a bit too big compared to other content in Header Section and Menu bar components are stacked onto each other when they can be spread horizontally. My suggestion is you can convert your logo to a transparent one (without the blue background).

b. Navigation

When I look into your store, I takes me some time to actually understand what you are selling. The navigation of your store should align with the customer’s journey to help them understand Who you are, What values you bring and What you are selling. In that way, our customer will have a clear comprehension of our business can if they also value what we value, I’m sure they’ll be hooked to what you offer.  In your case, it can be in the order: Header à Introduction à We Believe… à Products à Programs à Footer

c. Content

Viewing your content, I feel like there is a bit little content filled in a rather large space (Quote “Practice with Purpose…”) and I am not sure about the purpose of the video at the beginning of the page. Besides, the video is not in the best quality, so you can consider moving it below instead of putting it in the most important section of the page.

Additionally, the content distribution throughout the page is hard to scan and there are unnecessary parts like testimonial sections. You can try shorten your sentences to only 1-2 lines.

Most importantly, I see that your page is lacking Call-To-Action Button. You can check out a comprehensive article on Call-to-Action.

d. Presentation

Your products show a lot of energy and enthusiasm, which I really like; however, the background color doesn’t show the same effect. I highly suggest choosing a brighter color, more kid-friendly, it’ll show more connection with your audience. You can also choose more consistent photos collection (quality & size wise) to make your store more organized and well presented.

I understand that building a landing page that help your online store that converts is not an easy task at all. You must have invested a lot of time and effort in this. But there is ways to get around to make this less painstaking. Using page builder app is a plausible solution as it provides you with premade templates for your purpose, so just need to insert the content in and customize it to your likings. You can check out how you can build a landing page with PageFly. I believe it can be a great companion of yours.

If you find this reply help you in validating your website for further improvement, please like and mark this as solution. Thank you.

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: WebsiteYoutube | PageFly Community | Facebook| LinkedIn | Twitter
- Discover Shopify Stores’ Secrets with Koala Inspector
0 Likes
LifestyleGuru
Tourist
6 0 1

very good store is it a dropshipping business and i dont really like the yellow it somehow ruins the store a bit

0 Likes
Woodley25
Tourist
12 0 2
I Thank You all for the support and advice. I have added the following so
far:

Policy pages
About Us
Contact Us
Changed the background colors

I think the Favicon was accepted but what does it do?
I can't do any reviews or testimonies yet as I haven't had any sales.:(
0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
727 73 130

Hi @Woodley25,

Hyde here from Shopify. Congratulations!

You've made the big step of setting up your store and that's exciting. You've also got a really got product and brand. I love how you've got a philosophy behind it that customers can get behind. You're not just inviting people to buy your products, you're encouraging your customers to buy into your worldview, and in a community.

To build a brand you should look at having:

1) A visual identity (logo, color scheme)

My first bit of feedback does, in fact, relate to your visual identity. You want to pick colors, images, typography, theme sections, and even spacing that communicate what your brand is about. For example, the spacing below is displeasing to the average eye. If imagery or content is not aligned it may suggest disorder or unfinished business:

20-09-yjebq-h4gbu

Is your store color doing your products justice? There’s actually a pretty good discussion about the importance of color in this help doc.

Here are some great examples of visual identities that you might draw inspiration from. Here too are some resources for considering your customer's journey through your store, from the moment they land to the moment they (hopefully) make a purchase:

Your navigation could be simplified too:

20-09-m91t0-u876y

Your store policies can be included in your footer, for example. Here's a help document to show you how to do that.

2) A mission statement (what makes your brand different)

You have this, and it's fantastic. It's inclusive, it's community-centered, and it has legs:

20-09-pfski-g4iwu

(Side note: great that you have a chat option, perhaps you could move it away from the center so it doesn't interfere with the central focus of each page). 

So why not expand on this philosophy and give it more space throughout your site? For example, in your About Us page: 

20-09-1djrf-kgo2n

Here's what an About Us page should contain and here's how to create one!

3) A target customer (who is your customer? What magazines do they read? What social media do they hang out on? Who influences their decisions? Are they high or low tech?)

I think you have a great sense of who your target customers are. However, your navigation titles may be a little misleading. Your customers are already on a store, so naming a section your website "Baseball Moms Holiday Store" could lead to confusion.

20-09-3a59x-a2t31

Pet Gear for baseball? That's brilliant and funny! Could you include a section on your storefront making that more of a feature? Here's how you can add and edit different sections on your homepage if you're using the Debut theme by way of example. You could collect a few more photos of dogs in gear and encourage others to contribute their own?

I know that having a good think about how each aspect of your website really reflects your worldview will set you off on the right course. Let everything have a purpose for being on your site, and let it all fit into the big picture you're trying to deliver to your customers.

If you have any further questions, I'm happy to answer them!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
IreneWijaya
Pathfinder
96 6 25

Hi @Woodley25 

Congrats on your Shopify store. 

I'm glad that you have targeting your audience with Facebook ads and successfully drove traffic to your website. The nest step you should do, and also the most highly recommended step is retargeting campaign. Retargeting campaigns allow you to re-engage and remind customer of your brand after leaving your website and offer product and product informationstheyviewed with different kinds of attractive ad creatives. In other words, the goal for a retargeting campaign is awareness and conversion. You can start by installing the Ako Retargeting app on the Shopify app store. AkoRetargetingisa cost-efficient tool that could help your business increase awareness and conversion. The app helps you get your potential customers back to your website by delivering the most relevant product information to them at the right time, right impression and right cost. Take a look at how you can set up a 14 days campaign in less than 15 minutes here: https://medium.com/@akohubteam/how-to-create-a-sequential-retargeting-campaign-591861d257b5.

Let me know if you have any further questions regarding it, good day!

Best Regards,

Irene

• 
0 Likes
Growave
Shopify Partner
851 21 244

Hi @Woodley25 !

Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!

1. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
  2. Branding - clearly show your company branding. Logo, brand colors, brand fonts - should be the same across websites, emails, and social profiles. A key part of building your brand is making it recognizable. 
  3. Social proof - an incredibly powerful sales and lead generation tool. 
  4. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
  5. Your google page speed score is only 54 and mobile speed 14. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well.

Website performance impacts ranking on organic search and user experience. This problem can reduce conversions and sales. 79% of people do not wait for more than 5.3 seconds for page loading. It can lead to the losing of new visitors, less traffic, and losing repeat customers. You should always work on your CRO - increasing the percentage of users who perform a desired action on your website.

6. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.
  7. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  8. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
  9. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
  10. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer

11. Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes