Hey The Wine Class,
Following points would help in effective store improvement:
All the best!
Hi @eagle737 ,
I just reviewed your website. I have noticed a few things that you might consider taking to make your store better.
Featured Images: The featured image captures the first attention of the user. Create good quality featured banner images with interesting taglines to captivate user attention. also add a favicon.
Live Chat Support: A website with no live chat is like a store with no sales assistant. Start a conversation with your visitors and turn them into happy customers. So integrate live chat support on your website.
Scroll Back to Top Button: You can create a scroll top button to take a user at the top of the website to improve your website’s overall user experience.
Speed Optimization - To increase visitors you need to work on your website speed as I am seeing it is very low i.e 41%. It should be above 65-70%. Also, you need to optimize website images. It will improve the user experience. Fast page load time will also boost the website’s crawl rate.
Ads: If you want to increase sales you can start off Facebook or Google Shopping ads. It becomes easier to get conversion faster and grow your business with the help of Ads. But such platforms will allow only ads for alcohol to strict age-restricted audiences in countries where it is legal.
I hope you like my feedback!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!
Hyde here from Shopify. Congratulations!
You've done a great job. Your store is crisp, clean, accessible, aesthetically pleasing - excellent work.
Your instincts for SEO and marketing are also spot on. A blog is going to help you greatly, and Facebook Ads are pretty useful.
In advance of that, I'd recommend looking at some of our resources on SEO and Ads:
I would highly recommend this store launch checklist and our SEO Checklist. Going through these when you feel you are ready to launch can be invaluable, allowing you to double-check that you haven’t missed any key features, just before you go live.
There are a few things you can do to help drive traffic to your store. The first thing is to get acquainted with SEO good practices. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and will allow your store to be found more easily through Google, etc. Here is a really helpful guide on how to get started with this. I also have more general information on that here. I have a few more steps that you can take for good SEO here:
* Submit your sitemap to Google.
* A Beginner’s Guide to Content Marketing.
* Ecommerce SEO 101 Video Series.
* Find out more about blogs.
Here’s how you can look up keywords to help boost your site’s ranking.
Here's how you can create customer personas to make sure you're targeting the right crowd.
Blogs on Facebook Ads and Sales:
How to Set Up Facebook Ads
An introduction to Facebook Ads
6 types of Facebook Ads
How to Build and Launch a Profitable Store
How to Make your First Sale
How to make your First 10 Sales
Another resource that I would hugely recommend is an app called KIT. KIT is a virtual employee for your Shopify store. It helps drive sales by doing everything from creating highly-targeted Facebook ad campaigns, to sending personal thank-you emails to customers, to handling the other apps that you use to manage your store. I really think this is something that would be beneficial for you, and your store as a way to increase your traffic. You can check it out here.
In terms of feedback on the store itself, I'd suggest plumping your mission statement out a bit. It helps to have more than 200 words on a page for Google to crawl and rank your store, and it also helps give your customers a fuller sense of your brand and to invest trust in you.
Here's what an About Us page should contain and here are some great examples of About pages here:
- About Life is Good
- About Johnny Cupcakes
When I was on your store I noticed you didn't have your favicon set up. This is a really cool feature and it makes the page look a lot more trustworthy and professional. The favicon is the little logo you see in the tabs on your browser.
If you're using a Shopify Theme, you can add your own logo to your store in the theme editor by going to Theme settings > Favicon here:
I hope this all helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
All the best, Hyde.
Your site looks very nice and professional, as well the items itself. I would never guess that you are new to ecom, I think the fact that you have been researching it paid off.
As for your questions,
1) You might have issues with ads on Facebook. Even though you are not selling wine, the accessories might still count prohibited.
2)Paypal should not be your only payment method. The more paying systems you have the easier the process of payment for customers. If you are selling internationally, you might know that some banks cannot be connected to Paypal. I highly recommend having other payment methods and even add a Buy now Pay later system.
Also, It is a great idea to use content for organic traffic and for SEO. Make sure you work with the right keywords. As an option, you can also work in partnership with sites that sell wine, since you do not offer them. I think it will work great as complimentary products. For instance, you can offer a free bottle of wine if a person makes a purchase worth 200 USD or smth.
As for the site itself,
-Add Visual Reviews
90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is a social proof. In my opinion that is an essential of every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site.
-Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
-The items on your store are more on a luxurious and expensive side, therefore I recommend giving back to your customers by rewarding them with free shipping, discounts and other goodies for spending a certain amount of money on your site. That way, letting your customers know that you care about them.
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.We have 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Take care and stay healthy <3
Hey @eagle737 , welcome to Shopify family
I checked your website, and it looks elegant. Clean website, Great work! I would like to share with you a couple of tips:
1. The page header and website header (The Wine Class) is a bit off (attaching image for reference). Also catalog image sizes are not uniform throughout. Please look into this.
2. Add a favicon to your website. It will help you strengthen your brand and to add a polished look to your website.
3. Invite customers to be part of your community. You can set up a blog and keep publishing fresh content out once in two weeks and this will allow you to drive traffic, help in starting conversations and build credibility.
4. I recommend you to strengthen your social activity in Facebook and Instagram by posting on regularly, and doing more targeted ads (https://www.facebook.com/business) as this will increase awareness and publicity of your website and help in having more traffic.
5. Adding a top Navigation bar to Products, Catalog, Blog etc will help improve users web experience.
6. Add an 'About Us' page. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand , making a strong impression on curious customers. Do give a read to this article: https://www.shopify.in/blog/how-to-write-an-about-us-page
7. I suggest you try using product badges to let you make more sales from your customers by highlighting key product details. You can even use badges to tap into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency to boost sales.
Hope these feedbacks be of help to you.