Feedback and Advice - New Shopify Store

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Shopify Gurus!

I have launched my new website and I am keen to drive organic traffic to this website. Please see the attached link https://thefuniversestore.com/

I have two main points that I would very much appreciate some insight into.

1. As a basic starting point, do you think that the website is user friendly, easy to navigate and successfully creates an emotional connection around bringing people together? I will continuously enhance the content and add end-user value using feedback from my website users.

2. I have been researching SEO to drive organic traffic but the only traffic that I am getting at the moment is through direct links. For example if you google: "The Funiverse Store" - you cannot find my website even though this is in meta title and meta description. Do you have any tips on how I can start ranking for this string of text on Google?

Any advice or feedback of the above 2 points would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

The Funiverse Store

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1174 58 350

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :) 

Great niche and it's definitely something people are looking for right now due to the beer bug. When it comes to traffic from Google, bear in mind that this search engine has something called "sandbox" for all brand new websites. It means they are not visible in the organic searches for the first 3-6 months from opening. It's this kind of starter phase to make sure the store is established before Google shows it to the public. It means that even is you search for your store, you might not see it in the search results in the first few months. The best way around it is to get traffic through social media and ads in this initial period. 

When it comes to your store, it is easy to navigate, which is excellent. I would optimize the above the fold area a little bit more. 

While the logo is really fantastic, I’d recommend resizing it to reduce the size of the header area. At the moment, the logo makes the header takes almost half of the screen, pushing the rest of the content down the pages and out of sight:

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 05.42.02.png

The ‘above the fold’ area [visible on the screen without scrolling down] is the most crucial for the conversion rate. The best converting websites display all the key info above the fold, to reduce the need for people to do any scrolling on the page and complete the checkout with as little fuss as possible. Aim to reduce the header area - and logo size - to display as much website content as possible above the fold.

The hero image looks good - however I would show a photo of a family using one of your products here - the image focuses more on the family doing something together, which can make an impression you offer some kind of activities, as the product itself is hidden in the image:

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 05.42.47.png

A much better approach would be to show a family playing one of your games, with the game being focus of the image, so people understand right away what you are offering. It will help you engage with your visitors and convert them into buyers quicker.

For example the image below would work much better as a hero image for the homepage: 

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 05.46.07.png

Refund policy - consider writing a unique policy here instead of featuring default Shopify policy, which mentions items you are not selling:

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 05.48.06.png

It will help you build trust, tailor the content to your own store and avoid any duplicate content issues, which might affect your Google rank.

If you have any more questions on how to optimize your website or SEO, make sure to book a free 15-minute chat here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/contact/

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your free website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/ 

Best regards,

Maggie

Rock Paper Copy

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1747 108 313

Dear The Funiverse Store,

Congratulation for your store.

I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:

1. Logo & Favicon - Your logo should highlight your brand name. Add a favourite icon so users can locate your webpage easily.
  2. Header - Have a sticky header and a clear search bar to help users locate the products they're looking for
  3. Footer -- Optimize your footer with social links, newsletter sign up and policy documents.
  4. Custom search -- Customize the search icon with a toggle effect so the search form slides out when user clicks on the icon. Makes your site look neat.
  5. Add to Cart icon -- Prompt users to direct add products to cart without visiting the cart page.
  6. Custom Slider with Call to Action -- Make your site more visually appealing when you add your products in an interactive slider with prompt call to action.
  7. Over All Text , Font , Paragraph , Alignment , Spacing , Padding etc to make it more elegant -- Make your store well-organized, neat and visually appealing and add to the user experience.
    thefun.png
  8. Balancing color ., font images etc. -- Maintain the same or similar colours and fonts throughout your store to keep your branding intact.
  9. Trust Badge : All the policies , Faq, Payment icon , Highlight return policy , customer support , testimonial etc -- All these features are important to build trust for your brand among your users
  10. Highlight your USP -- What's unique about you and your brand that none of the other Shopify merchants have? This needs to be highlighted in your store presentation, features & more.
  11. Human Touch : About you and your business -- Highlight what makes you different and personalize your offerings when you write about your brand in a custom About Us section.
  12. Web Design Facebook and insta page atleast 9 post -- Update your social media pages with creative posts to engage your customers.
  13. Trsut badge on home page -- This is important as this helps to build trust and assures your customers that your brand is authentic.
  14. Featured Collection -- Add all the top featured products on the homepage so users know the type of products you're selling on your store.
  15. Featured / Bestseller products -- Engage your customers by letting them know the bestseller products on your store.
  16. Testimonials -- They add to the trust factor as when customers see what other buyers have to say about your products, it makes them more sure about your brand. You have it but need to represent properly.
  17. Clear product title and description , high quality images , reviews , related products , color swatch function, grey effect for sold out products , product labels , product quick view -- All these features make your store much more convenient, authentic, easy to use and user-friendly.
  18. Sticky Buy now or add to cart button , Sticky cart -- A sticky cart icon or sticky checkout bar reduces cart abandonment and engages the customer on your store.
  19. Banner adding on Collection page -- Make your collection page stand out with interesting & creative collection banners
  20. Promtional banner on collection page -- You can show images of featured, bestseller or popular products on the collection page banner.
  21. Product filter for easy navigation -- Categorize & filter products by their size, colour or type so users find product to product navigation easy.
  22. Proper integration of Google Analytics, Facebook store, instagram store, google search console -- These features will help you track and analyze how customers interact with your store
  23. Proper setup shipping, taxes -- Set up shipping and taxes options for different areas/countries or for particular products.
  24. Must be your own domain -- Your site should be on your own custom domain as it represents your brand identity. Choose a domain name and set up your custom domain if you don't have one currently.
  25. select correct audience for your Facebook ads -- If you choose to post an ad on Facebook, make sure you select the right audience as only then will your marketing be targeted.
  26. Google shopping -- Let your users easily discover & buy your products with Google smart shopping marketing campaigns.
  27. Cart Page : discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc. -- Personalize your customer's shopping experience with these features on your cart page.

Hope these suggestions are useful for you. Wish you many more sales in the future. If you have any queries, do let me know here. Good luck!

If you need help please contact us at https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us

Best Regards
MS Web Designer | MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
9.9/10 Customer Rating | 1000+ Happy Clients | 100% Satisfaction Or Money Back Guarantee
0 Likes