Feedback and Next Steps

AbleDoggy
Tourist
12 0 4

Hello again my friends!

I've been working non-stop on my store the past few days and I'm at a point I'm not totally sure what to work on next. I'm still waiting on supplies to come in and I will be creating my initial line of products and uploading all of the professional imagery and everything for products, but in the mean time, is there anything on my website that could be improved or worked on?

Any feedback is very greatly appreciated. I'm doing my best to make this as solid as I can.

Thank you, you fine folks!

http://abledoggy.com

password: dog 

Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
750 82 171

Hey, @AbleDoggy 

I like what you've done with the store so far! The store is easy to navigate and it's clear that you're selling are dog-related products. 

An area I think you could benefit from is considering how you want your brand to be portrayed. Branding involves developing a compelling, positive, and lasting image of your business that creates an emotional connection with your customers. The strength of your company’s brand could mean the difference between struggling for recognition and sales or thriving as a dynamic, best-in-class business.

This can seem like a daunting task at first, lucky for you we got ya covered! We discuss several key aspects of branding in our branding articles hub. This will take you from A-Z for developing and executing a brand that thrives. Not sure where to start? 'What is a unique selling proposition' is a terrific starting point. I'd love to hear more about the direction you would like to take/achieve as far as your 'brand voice' goes.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
246 43 151

Hello @AbleDoggy !

First of all, cute store! Your logo is very friendly and approachable, so great job! I know it can be tough to step back when you’ve been knee-deep in it for quite a few days, so let’s see what we can do!

Homepage:
I like your hero image, but I don’t know what it says about your products. The CTA of “Get your paws dirty” is cute, but again - I don’t know what it means. I feel like there needs to be more engaging copy here to draw them in.

I like your page in that it’s not overly long. I get that right now you don’t have products, so it’s tough to get those collections set. I would consider putting in those collections under the hero image rather than the top sellers. Test it out as you get further along.

Have you installed any visitor behavior apps? This is a great time to add things like heatmaps (to see where people click) and session recordings (to watch what happened during a session) and then use that information to make changes.

For example, you may find that for your homepage, people are skilling the top sellers to get to the testimonials. Or maybe you’ll find that people think your entire hero image is linked rather than just the CTA. That sort of behavior insight really helps.

Also, make sure your social media links open in a new tab.

Navigation/product pages
I like your menu bar! Some merchants try to cram too much into it, but you don’t. It’s easy to navigate to the products I want to buy.

Obviously I can’t look at all of the collections, but it was nice to see the bandanas collection. Even with six products right now, I would add more filters. I would add color, size (for availability), sale (rather than prices), theme, etc. Basically, make it easier for them to search if they need to.

For your product pages, I would do three things:

1. Swap the description/details/sizing box with the ordering information. Typically the ordering information is above the description. 
  2. Including shipping costs upfront. I saw your shipping information which is great, but there needs to be some pricing available. Customers don’t want to be surprised in checkout. Plus it can help you drive more sales. Let’s say you offer free shipping at $30 worth of pre-tax merchandise or shipping costs $10 per order. If I have $20 worth of items in my bag and see the shipping information, I will probably try to get to $30 for that free shipping!
  3. For your sizing, add those breeds in there. That was really helpful in your sizing guide! 

I’ve always found it helpful to watch recordings, once you launch, to get an understanding of how people use your product pages and what they did to reach that page. 

Answering customer questions
Let’s talk Contact Us page for a moment. Remove the phone number field - even though it’s optional, it may scare away customers. Secondly, make sure you include a contact email that’s linked in there as well.

While that’s all great to have, you really need a live chat platform as well. If someone has a question, right now they submit the contact form and wait for a reply. With live chat, you can answer those questions while they are still on your site.

So if I had a question about getting a bandana for my German Shepherd, live chat would let you answer my question about sizing and also point me to the right information. If that was what prevented me from checking out, I may be more inclined to complete that sale! 

There’s also auto invites for chat. This is a really great way to spot customers who may be struggling. You set up certain criteria - like didn’t checkout within 2 minutes of adding a product to the cart - and add in the message you want to send to customers. It’s another way to engage customers and save the sale.

Visitor behavior is really going to help you a ton, especially after you launch the site and it goes live. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers -
Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes