Feedback and Opinions to drive sales

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello I started my site www.TechGeekNerd.com and am having trouble making my first sale. I have had a few items added to cart but no sales. I have abandoned cart apps to try to drive the sale but nothing seems to be working. I’ve been doing google, Facebook, snapchat ads. Any suggestions/assistance that anyone has found success in would be awesome! Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @TechGeekNerd,

First off, very cool niche. I like that you are focused, you have a target audience, this is good!

Next, getting your SEO done properly is so important! We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience:

EcomGeeks_0-1603732762080.gif

Design wise, there are a few things I noted:

The top image is just too big. This is what it looks like on my screen:

techgeek-home2.png

It covers my entire screen. That space is prime real estate for selling your product, it's your first impression for potential customers, definitely make it smaller vertically so that the text goes up.
I would also recommend changing your front page text. Something simple, so that at a quick glance the visitor can tell you sell computer accessories/other tech.

Your Facebook link leads to a mobile view, for desktop users it looks like this:

techgeek-fb.png

You can resolve that by updating your link to: https://www.facebook.com/TechGeekNerd-101720801735844/

Lastly, tech is a really saturated market. I highly recommend getting creative with your marketing. I would suggest you give YouTube videos a shot, try reviewing the tech you sell and then say in the video that you have a link to your shop in the description box where they can purchase it.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

Best of luck!

FREE BLACK FRIDAY GRAPHICS FOR YOUR STORE
Great for store pop-ups or social media posts!
Pink, Orange, Red & Blue • Percentage off Variations Ranging from 20% - 80% off
Download for FREE!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
753 17 208

Hi @TechGeekNerd !

Your google page speed score is only 48 and mobile speed 11. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on the mobile score as well.

I recommend using another theme, what you have it does not look professional.

Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.Your e-commerce blog will not only drive more traffic to your website—but it will increase your conversions too. Your blog will make you feel more credible and relatable, which will provide new clients with a greater sense of confidence in their purchases.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.

The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1455 74 247

Hello @TechGeekNerd, your store looks good! here are some suggestions & quick tips that will help you get conversions:-

Showcase reviews on the home page or create an exclusive page that will build more trust in visitors.

- Set up Product recommendations on product pages as well as cart page.

- Set up an affiliate marketing program to increase your influencers and it will help to increase sellers.

- Set up Newsletter Subscription with automatic emails with thankyou and discount coupon.

- Enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

- Add a referral program. A referral program can help optimize your sales cycle, help you produce quality leads, and take your marketing efforts up a notch. People are more like to make a purchase when a product is referred by any friend.

To implement these tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion.com.

I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.

We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.

Also, check out this blog to know that How you Can Drive more Sales.  

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
428 16 90

Hi @TechGeekNerd welcome to Shopify community 

Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,

1. Add Wishlist to your website. They are a great way to alert customers about a sale, drive traffic to your site. Also you can do more target oriented email campaigns. Also Add to Cart and Checkout Page needs to have a bit more planning - like giving users a visual checkout process, and option to continue shopping from the checkout page.

Good navigation provides an improved user experience leading to more sales and revenue. Add a top navigation bar with the product catalog broken down into different collections & categories so that customers can quickly browse and reach their desired products faster. Also, have an auto-complete and suggestion feature in the search bar so that it provides an extra helping hand to relatable collections and products will also be useful.

Resourceful guidance & help: Not having support or not having adequate information is a huge frustration for a lot of online buyers. Consider adding a chat plugin to your site for people to contact you while they are shopping.

4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalized stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.

I hope this helps!

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes