Feedback and improvements please, it's my first store

Solved
ZoeM
Tourist
10 0 2

Hi, please let me know what you think of my shop.

https://oldfashioned.online/

It's eco gifts full of colour and texture.

Old Fashioned Online - New gift, art and homewares shop to view

I have just lost my socials... so in the process of recovering them, but the rest of the site is up for your comments

thank you ZoeM

0 Likes

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @ZoeM,

This is PageFly - a Free Shopify Landing Page Builder. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 5 years of providing solutions for over 100.000 active Shopify merchants.

Firstly, I got to say that I really love what you’re selling, they’re so nice with beautiful designs and colors. I can also see that your website has many good points, such as:

• The colors have been chosen wisely as they're really suitable for your products (which are mostly in blue and orange), as well as you don't use too many different colors for your websites. This makes the overall design neat and harmonious.
  • The CTA buttons are short and clear about what action you want the customers to take.
  • The homepage includes your social media feed and customer reviews.
  • Shipping and return policies display in the footer.
  • You provide the visitors with enough essential information about your products in grid view on the collection pages.

Besides, I also have some recommendations for your website, and hope that they can help you boost the sales of those beautiful products on your online shop

1. Home

1.1. The navigation bar should be sticky.

The sticky navigation bar will allow visitors to move around the site quicker. Moreover, some studies also found that a sticky navigation bar can boost the conversion rate.

1.2. Invest more in imagery.

Your products are really beautiful and I can see some of them have been more elaborately photographed than others. However, in visually driven industries, it’s very important to have attractive imagery and design. Great photography can make your visitors browse your site for a long time and positively affect their purchasing decision. So I think it will be great if you invest more in imagery for all of your products and images that appear on your website.

1.3. Text that overlays images should be more legible.

I found that in some parts, the overlaid text is quite difficult to read that leads to lower scannability. For example, since the images in the slide in the header have light colors or many details, using white thin text makes it difficult for visitors to read the content of the overlaid text. There are many ways to solve that problem, for instance, you can change the text's style, use a semi-transparent background for the overlaid text, or change the overlaid text color flexibly based on the image it’s overlaying.

Screenshot 2021-05-15 at 22.25.37.png

1.4. The layout of the “Best Sellers" section should be adjusted.

Your “Best Sellers” section could be more clean and airy with 3-4 products per line. Moreover, I also found that the name of the product takes much space that makes the layout look messier. I recommend you to make it displayed in 1-2 lines only. Additionally, you should add the “add to cart" and “see more" buttons to each product, so that the visitors will be more likely to take action on this page.

Screenshot 2021-05-15 at 22.51.08.png

1.5. Fulfill the “Read Our Latest Blog Entries” and “Customer Reviews" sections.

I noticed that these sections are designed to include 3 elements. However, they have only 2 now. That could make the customers think that your store is not completed and lacks information. It will be better if you can fulfill them with 3 elements. Alternatively, you can adjust the layout to make them look like to be intentionally designed to have only 2 elements.

1.6. Shrink the “Read Our Latest Blog Entries” section so that visitors won't need to scroll to see the whole content.

I think it will be better and more convenient for your customers if you can decrease the height of this section so that the visitors won't need to scroll down to read the whole content.

Screenshot 2021-05-15 at 23.59.24.png

2. Collection page

2.1. Zoom in or display the secondary thumbnail on hover.

Since the customers of your products have a high demand for visual product information, I recommend you to allow the visitors to zoom in or see other product images on hover. It will enable them to better assess the products right from the product list by simply looking over their thumbnails.

2.2. Enlarge products thumbnail and put 3 products per line.

As you are selling visual-driven products, it will be better if you increase the size of the product thumbnails and set 3 products in a line. In that way, the product's name can be displayed in 1-2 lines only to make the design cleaner and neater.

If you find my recommendations helpful, please like and mark it as a solution. I also suggest you take a look at our PageFly which can help you build a high-converting page.

Best of luck!

P.S. From 5th May: Distribute PageFly Event:

This May 19-20th, we are having C-level E-commerce experts from #Shopify, Recart, vitals, The Dropshipping Council, Easyship and ZAGO to join us in the extraordinary conference: "eCommence 2021 - To Survive Is To Thrive". In this event these real experts will guide you from A to Z how to build successful store and provide tips regarding the newest trend in E-Commerce!

This is a never-before opportunity where you can get lessons from the best minds in the industry without paying any fee (yes, the treat on us ). Nothing to lose, just gaining from the best minds in the game. Sign up now cause we only take the first 500 registers!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick n Mortal Store Online.

TLB1
Tourist
10 0 1

Oh wow, it is absolutely stunning! I love the design of your website and I love your product pictures. Very bold, precise and beautiful.

Great job!

ZoeM
Tourist
10 0 2

h my goodness. Thanks so much for your generous feedback there are some really great actionable suggestion. 

Awesome

ZoeM

0 Likes
ZoeM
Tourist
10 0 2

Thanks so much you are very generous with advice. and I really need it

ZoeM

0 Likes