Feedback and not making sales

Solved
Symone29
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi everyone,

I just hopped on this forum even though I have owned a store for about 3 months now. Can you guys please take a look at my store and give me some honest feedback? I'm not making much sales either and only did when I sold masks in my store at the start of the covid-19 situation. But nothing else seems to be attracting potential customers. 

Thanks for taking the time.

My store: lifestylelivin.com

0 Likes
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

This is an accepted solution.

Hey Lifestyle Livin,

Keep below-listed points in mind for improving your store:

• On the product page, shift the "product images" to the left while, the "description" to the right.
  • Add images to the "About Us" section for making it expressive.
  • "Twitter and Linked In" business pages should also be included in the site footer.
  • "Favicons" enhance user-experience and add to unique site identification.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

All the best!
Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
Fayzmo
Shopify Partner
222 17 84

Hey @Symone29 , welcome to the Shopify family!

Hope your sales are going good during these difficult times. Your website looks neat and structured properly, looking good!

After taking a look at your website, I have thought of some feedbacks

1. I suggest that currency setting can be kept at the top right, so customers can notice it faster. Also right now while changing currency, it is not getting reflected in the page.

2. Revamp your 'About Us' page. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand , making a strong impression on curious customers.
Do give a read to this article: https://www.shopify.in/blog/how-to-write-an-about-us-page

3. Invite customers to be part of your community. set up a blog and keep publishing fresh content out once in two weeks and this will allow you to drive traffic, help in starting conversations and build credibility. 
I would suggest you to add "About Us" and "Blog" on the top navigation bar.

4. Add some kind of stickers to showcase stuff like trending, running out fast, back in stock, hot seller etc.  Apps in Shopify app store can help with this by making the process very easy & simple. Also having some more trending or sale products in Home page will quickly grab customers attention. It'll also boost your sales.

Try these feedbacks out and if you want more help, feel free to message me back anytime :D

Fayaz
PS: CoVid offer for all stores at https://community.shopify.com/c/COVID-19-Partner-Offers/Free-Credits-for-In-Store-Conversion-Sticker...

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Symone29
Tourist
3 0 0

Thank you for your feedback neha-sparq. I appreciate you taking the time. I have heard about favicons but never really looked into it. I currently have only facebook and instagram pages for my business hence the icons at the footer. I guess that About us page could really use some work?

The sparq product filter does look interesting, I'll look into it. Thanks again for your feedback.

0 Likes
MansionEcom
Shopify Partner
398 33 125

Hello @Symone29,

Your store is looking awesome. I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate.

1. Add favicon to your store which is a small square image/logo that appears next to a web address. Favicon helps to strengthen your brand and add a polished look to your website.

2.  You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional. 

3. It would be nice if product images could be zoomed in / enlarged

4. Try to maintain the same image size while listing all products.

5. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)

Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google).  To appear in search results though, Google has to first find your website content. To get in front, and stay in front needs regular feeds to Google and Bing. We created flare to deliver search engine feeds on a regular basis without taking your time. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!

Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
Symone29
Tourist
3 0 0

Thank you Fayzmo for your insights,  I appreciate you taking the time. It does seem like my About Us page is lacking in the 'oomph' factor. I will surely have to rework that. I will take your suggestions and work on them. But is blogging really going to draw more traffic as opposed to growing a social media presence? I'm trying to do that since everyone and their mothers are on social media, lol. But seriously though, is it really going to boost traffic to my store? I appreciate your time, thanks!

0 Likes
Fayzmo
Shopify Partner
222 17 84

Hey @Symone29 ,

• Every time you write a blog post, it's one more indexed page on your website (more indexed page means more leads), which means it's one more opportunity for you to show up in search engines and drive traffic to your website in organic search. 
  • Blogging also helps you get discovered via social media. Every time you write a blog post, you're creating content that people can share on social networks -- Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest
  • Do give this article a read: https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/the-benefits-of-business-blogging-ht
ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks